Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2018, 20:47   #61
spurshero

Quote:
Originally Posted by djPSB View Post
Any update on football fixtures for the weekend?
I presume just milltown Salthill replay this weekend with semis following weekend
Advertisement
08-10-2018, 20:47   #62
spurshero

Quote:
Originally Posted by djPSB View Post
Any update on football fixtures for the weekend?
I presume just milltown Salthill replay this weekend with semis following weekend
08-10-2018, 21:01   #63
CloughCasey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86 View Post
Most certainly I'd say, given ET was played

An extremely embarrassing fixture pile up was avoided in the hurling today with Bridge accounting for Pearses in ET. can anyone tell me the point of those daft senior B play offs? Scrap that, can anyone show me a more farcical format in ireland than one where teams finishing 3rd in senior B groups (17th/18th in overall championship) can actually be in with a chance of making the overall latter stages of the championship?

Was in Pearse today - Spiddal + MB both deserving winners. There'll be plenty of spice to that final!
Sure why wouldnt Spiddal win with 16 on the field when the goal was scored and the c u next Tuesday of a ref doing a job for his western buddies. Total farce.
Thanks from:
08-10-2018, 21:07   #64
grbear

Can someone explain to me what sort of gobdaw came up with a system that has Kilconly and Letir Mor back in the same group for relegation playoffs? When Kilconly and Michaels were drawn together then surely the logical thing would be to put the losers of that match in along with Cortoon and Barna?
09-10-2018, 08:16   #65
TCDStudent1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurshero View Post
Milltown - Salthill replay in Pearse Stadium on Sunday at 3. Hard to understand why it's fixed for Pearse which seems to favour Salthill. Tuam or Corofin would be fairer options. Also hard to understand why it's Sunday. Saturday would seem better as it would give the winners an extra day to prepare for a semi. Mountbellew already have an extra week. I'm sure there must be reasons that I'm not aware but both the venue and time seem strange to me.
Advertisement
09-10-2018, 14:25   #66
spurshero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDStudent1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurshero View Post
Milltown - Salthill replay in Pearse Stadium on Sunday at 3. Hard to understand why it's fixed for Pearse which seems to favour Salthill. Tuam or Corofin would be fairer options. Also hard to understand why it's Sunday. Saturday would seem better as it would give the winners an extra day to prepare for a semi. Mountbellew already have an extra week. I'm sure there must be reasons that I'm not aware but both the venue and time seem strange to me.
Defo more sense to play it sat . Give an extra day as well to prepare for semis after two tough games. And the 4 hurling pre quarters finals in sun as well for those of us that follow both codes . No wonder galway gaa Are broke
Thanks from:
10-10-2018, 00:14   #67
spurshero

Semi finals Sunday week in tuam . Mountbellew v milltown or Salthill at 1.30. Annaghdown v corofin at 3.15
10-10-2018, 09:15   #68
conamara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloughCasey1 View Post
Sure why wouldnt Spiddal win with 16 on the field when the goal was scored and the c u next Tuesday of a ref doing a job for his western buddies. Total farce.

CloughCasey1 - The referee doing favours for his western buddies? Sure he is from Clonbur - 20 minutes from Headford!! Over an hour from Spideal? Take your beating.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2018, 10:10   #69
CloughCasey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by conamara View Post
CloughCasey1 - The referee doing favours for his western buddies? Sure he is from Clonbur - 20 minutes from Headford!! Over an hour from Spideal? Take your beating.
Better team lost
5 frees brought in front of goal
Dissent was for picking up the ball to hand it to their keeper who was wasting time
Twice for calling how long
Twice for calling watch the post
And once for saying how many f**king steps
One of those moved 30yards
No advantage when straight through on goal
Spiddal abused the life out of ref in second half and not one free brought forward
Line ball leading to the goal kicked on the pitch
15 Headford men marking their men as same line ball being kicked and as sub runs on and he finishes to the net when there is 16 on the field.
Advertisement
10-10-2018, 10:56   #70
fearruanua

Quote:
Better team lost
Dissent was for picking up the ball to hand it to their keeper who was wasting time
Spiddal abused the life out of ref in second half and not one free brought forward
15 Headford men marking their men as same line ball being kicked and as sub runs on and he finishes to the net when there is 16 on the field.
ye were hard done by if all that is true.
rule re shouting at free taker is a rule though. rarely see it enforced.
10-10-2018, 13:26   #71
MfMan

Quote:
Better team lost
If it's the one I think it is from An Fhairche, I definitely have sympathy. Really infuriating individual.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2018, 14:50   #72
CloughCasey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfMan View Post
If it's the one I think it is from An Fhairche, I definitely have sympathy. Really infuriating individual.
I could think of a few more choice words for him.
10-10-2018, 20:20   #73
MattressRick

Martin Breheny: Logic calls for Galway venue rethink - why spend big on Sportsgrounds when you have Pearse Stadium?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...-37402981.html

Pretty annoying to see a Galway man write such drivel. Hes poor enough writing about gaa so it's no surprise he knows nothing about Connacht rugby and their whole aim being to stay close to the city centre for the walk-up crowd, access to pubs etc in town immediately after.
Not to mind the fact that pearse stadium is so backwards with no floodlights due to objections by local residents so not only could Connacht not play these so called big games in salthill after dark, but Galway hurlers as all Ireland champions couldn't play any home league games after dark unlike so many other counties, due to this lack of lighting.
If breheny wasn't aware of that then he really needs to give up the day job because he's obviously clueless.
10-10-2018, 23:56   #74

Duggan Park has floodlights installed since 2014 why don’t they play there ?
11-10-2018, 20:26   #75
MattressRick

Why don't they move to castlebar while we're at it?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion