Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-08-2020, 19:48   #1
Upforthematch

Best weather app & device for me

Hi folks,

I'm looking for two things that I'm hoping you be able to help me find.

First - a weather app with a long range forecast that alerts you if there are 3 sunny/dry days in a row forecast for Ireland. Don't laugh but this is a feature I would really appreciate! Don't want any other alerts.

Second - is there any new type of weather station out there that shows a weather radar. Imagine a screen showing a map of Ireland you could hang on your wall connected to wifi showing the latest weather radars etc...

I haven't been able to find anything like these but I would use them if they exist!!
Cheers!
Advertisement
23-08-2020, 20:06   #2
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upforthematch
Second - is there any new type of weather station out there that shows a weather radar. Imagine a screen showing a map of Ireland you could hang on your wall connected to wifi showing the latest weather radars etc...

You could get a tablet and load radar apps onto it, I'm slowly collecting monitors and tvs for such projects
24-08-2020, 14:10   #3
Oneiric 3

Dosen't 'alert' you if there are 3 fine day on the way but this is one of the best weather apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ue.droid&hl=en

Ton of features inc sat, hourly forecast, maps etc.
Thanks from:
24-08-2020, 23:16   #4
Upforthematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Dosen't 'alert' you if there are 3 fine day on the way but this is one of the best weather apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ue.droid&hl=en

Ton of features inc sat, hourly forecast, maps etc.
Thanks for that - I like the 'find the sunniest weather' feature!
Thanks from:
24-08-2020, 23:18   #5
Upforthematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
You could get a tablet and load radar apps onto it, I'm slowly collecting monitors and tvs for such projects
That's true - you'd need a tablet plugged into the wall permanently, screen on permanently and a way to autorefresh the page. Could be done!

Do people even use weather stations anymore? All the ones I was looking at still look like something from the 80's.
Advertisement
24-08-2020, 23:37   #6
Snake Plisken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upforthematch View Post
That's true - you'd need a tablet plugged into the wall permanently, screen on permanently and a way to autorefresh the page. Could be done!

Do people even use weather stations anymore? All the ones I was looking at still look like something from the 80's.
I might pick up one of these from AliExpress ships from EU warehouse
US $22.67 33%OFF | Digital Thermometer Hygrometer Wireless Weather Station Alarm Clock Night Light Indoor Outdoor LCD Display Temperature Meter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNEN9XH
25-08-2020, 09:07   #7
Wanderer78

Quote:
Yup, it's doable alright, I had planned on mounting another screen for similar activities, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, I was considering connecting it to a computer, so I could do many things with it, and connect the keyboard and mouse via Bluetooth

Quote:
Speaking of which, all the batteries in mine are dead a long time, so I'm receiving no data back to the control panel, must sort that as well
26-08-2020, 10:17   #8
iancairns

Jumping in on this thread also. Long time follower, love reading up on peoples detailed posts on the weather.

Would love to know what all the avid weather watchers do and how they track. What websites to they go to for all the detailed forecasts and graphs comparing multiple charts, things like that and same as original poster, would love to get my own home station to track weather at home.

Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion