Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Met Éireann Website (beta)

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá


    Heighway61 wrote: »
    met.ie seem to report the same as Net Weather, who use ADT.

    vidur.is were reporting strikes at that time, with a few more. Not sure if they use ADT, so if both were reporting strikes at the time they might not have been spurious.
    520682.jpg

    I don't think there was any thunderstorm activity reported over Galway, Shannon Airport or Dublin or the east coast this morning (mostly clear and sunny) so I'd be pretty certain these sferics were spurious.

    I didn't however, check the Netweather site to see if they showed up there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3


    Comhra wrote: »
    I don't think there was any thunderstorm activity reported over Galway, Shannon Airport or Dublin or the east coast this morning (mostly clear and sunny) so I'd be pretty certain these sferics were spurious.

    I didn't however, check the Netweather site to see if they showed up there.

    No thunder here today for sure. Yet, after what was an aggressive overnight lightning storm last month and that same sferic map showed just a handful of strikes spanned over about a 30 mile region, it was confirmed to me that those sferics indicators are just rubbish and totally misleading. I recall that the poster Arklow noted the same problem around that time in his SE region.

    New Moon



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider


    For the 2nd time in as many weeks, the ME website says it's not raining in Cork....except it is. A slow, heavy and unrelenting drizzle.

    Why is this not picked up?


  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH


    blindsider wrote: »
    For the 2nd time in as many weeks, the ME website says it's not raining in Cork....except it is. A slow, heavy and unrelenting drizzle.

    Why is this not picked up?

    Most likely because Shannon radar if offline.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider


    Thanks D - I wondered about that - except it happened last week too - and Shannon was operational then....


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    blindsider wrote:
    Thanks D - I wondered about that - except it happened last week too - and Shannon was operational then....


    Radar has limitations, fine mist and drizzle is regularly not picked up by it due to this resolution limit


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh


    So the radar map on the ME doesn't seem to auto update at all?
    That's quite poor.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh


    Can ME ever, please, fix their Android app, which keeps on switching the location back to Dublin.

    I use the app and widget a lot, and it always defaults back to Dublin after setting my location. So annoying, and has been consistently broken since the site update.



  • Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi


    My default location is Dublin, and it keeps switching it to Donegal on me!

    In fairness, Donegal is the other location that I would use, so it's not completely random, but it won't stay on whatever is specified as your default location.



Advertisement