Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-06-2017, 23:21   #16
Powerhouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slattsy View Post
I'd nearly appeal it for the craic, imagine all the faux outrage here and on Twitter when he gets off.





What makes you think the outrage would be "faux"? Maybe people would be genuinely pissed off?
Powerhouse is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2017, 00:11   #17
BonnieSituation
Registered User
 
BonnieSituation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,447
I feel our thread title is deserving more oomph.

That being said our population has clearly been the reason that has gotten us to a second thread before the "others from down there".
BonnieSituation is online now  
07-06-2017, 01:15   #18
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
They use Snapchat more. Asynchronous chat forums don't capture the winks and nods properly.
Stoner is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-06-2017, 10:01   #19
MayoAreMagic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,179
Do Connolly's black cards still stand after any potential ban? Like could there potentially be a situation where he comes back for AI semi, gets a black card and is banned for the final?
MayoAreMagic is offline  
Thanks from:
07-06-2017, 10:56   #20
Major Dubfire
Registered User
 
Major Dubfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
I've heard the county board have said this morning that if he wants to appeal he can do so on his own. Has anyone else heard this or have a link to same?
Major Dubfire is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2017, 11:07   #21
Major Dubfire
Registered User
 
Major Dubfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
For some reason I can't quote anyone in this thread.

Anyway Shane Supple plays in goal for Bohemians in the League of Ireland the last two years. As far as I know they allow him play for his club St. Brigid's from time to time.
Major Dubfire is offline  
Thanks from:
07-06-2017, 11:09   #22
Gael85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoAreMagic View Post
Do Connolly's black cards still stand after any potential ban? Like could there potentially be a situation where he comes back for AI semi, gets a black card and is banned for the final?
Correct if black carded in a potential semi final would miss final
Gael85 is offline  
07-06-2017, 11:21   #23
Bass Reeves
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,855
Connolly is not just banned from playing I also think( and I may be wrong) that he is unable to train with the County Squad or with his Club for the duration of the ban. If this is the case it is hard to see him being in any sort of match fitness for the semi-final as ban wouid only end night before semi-final. It is hard to even see him being capable of playing in final. AFAIK Paul Galvin ban was similar and he was unable to train with either club or county
Bass Reeves is online now  
Thanks from:
07-06-2017, 11:24   #24
PARlance
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
I feel our thread title is deserving more oomph.

That being said our population has clearly been the reason that has gotten us to a second thread before the "others from down there".
Dublin Thread 2 - The beginning of the end.

???

(And yes, name the Mayo one, The never ending story)
PARlance is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2017, 11:25   #25
BonnieSituation
Registered User
 
BonnieSituation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Reeves View Post
Connolly is not just banned from playing I also think( and I may be wrong) that he is unable to train with the County Squad or with his Club for the duration of the ban. If this is the case it is hard to see him being in any sort of match fitness for the semi-final as ban wouid only end night before semi-final. It is hard to even see him being capable of playing in final. AFAIK Paul Galvin ban was similar and he was unable to train with either club or county
Correct. But I'm sure he's more than capable of sorting himself out re fitness.

I would really hope that should we get to a SF that we're not relying on him anyway.
BonnieSituation is online now  
07-06-2017, 11:54   #26
ProudDUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
I feel our thread title is deserving more oomph.

That being said our population has clearly been the reason that has gotten us to a second thread before the "others from down there".
How about Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - The Empire Strikes Back.


(Can I be Princess Leia?)
ProudDUB is offline  
07-06-2017, 11:55   #27
Bass Reeves
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
Correct. But I'm sure he's more than capable of sorting himself out re fitness.

I would really hope that should we get to a SF that we're not relying on him anyway.
It is easy to sort fitness and that would be no issue, match fitness is another issue and general ball work would be a huge issue.
Bass Reeves is online now  
07-06-2017, 11:59   #28
DoctaDee
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,536
Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARlance View Post
Dublin Thread 2 - The beginning of the end.

???

(And yes, name the Mayo one, The never ending story)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudDUB View Post
How about Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - The Empire Strikes Back.


(Can I be Princess Leia?)
Thread title changed .. we'll have a weekly competition to update it depending on the next circus that comes around
DoctaDee is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-06-2017, 12:08   #29
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,823
Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly doesn't get banned after appealing and we go onto win, that we will never here the end of it, that we shouldn't have won?
TallGlass is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-06-2017, 12:21   #30
Bass Reeves
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGlass View Post
Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly doesn't get banned after appealing and we go onto win, that we will never here the end of it, that we shouldn't have won?
Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly get banned after appealing and Dublin go onto lose, that we will never here the end of it, that Dublin should have won and the rest of GAA conspired against a hard done by Dublin player

Last edited by Bass Reeves; 07-06-2017 at 12:32.
Bass Reeves is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet