Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-04-2012, 15:53   #61

2 players sent off....lack of player discipline...lack of managerial skill.....this is going to be an awful championship by the looks of things in the league.
Advertisement
08-04-2012, 16:27   #62
Hammer Archer

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Absolutely disgraceful. Apologies for the language but fcuk this manager and this team. No heart and absolutely no pride.
I've seen Meath lose to the likes of Cavan, Fermanagh, Limerick, Wexford but I have never seen any Meath team play so pathetically. I am actually embarrassed to say that I'm a Meath fan. Never thought I'd see the day when Louth played out the last 10 minutes in Navan getting 'Olés' from the away crowd.

And on a related note: piss off Banty.
(4) thanks from:
08-04-2012, 16:29   #63
doncarlos

There's your replay lads!
08-04-2012, 17:44   #64

What an embarrassment. Not one of those players wanted to out there today. Its quite clear to everyone that all is not well in Meath football, and maybe the players aren't happy with Banty at the helm. But to go out and disgrace the county like that is not something I for one will easily forget about this group of players. Now I've seen many poor performances by Meath teams over the years and as we all know teams have off days when nothing clicks but this was not one of them. This was a team who never had any intention of winning this match.They lacked any sort of fight. The worst part may have been that they didn't even look annoyed by the fact they were getting walked over.

Banty has to go and alot of the panel need to take a good look in the mirror because whatever your personal felings you never bring shame on the county jersey by not trying.
08-04-2012, 18:30   #65
macadam

We owed yis that, time for for a few beers now to celebrate, some revenge for 2010.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-04-2012, 18:35   #66
Royal Seahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncarlos View Post
There's your replay lads!
So what was last year's game?

Bad day today but hardly unsurprising. It was in the post. If you keep on playing with fire you're going to get burnt eventually. And boy did we get burnt today.

I still don't blame Banty for all this team's woes. It's not his fault that lads can't handpass a ball into a teammate's chest from 5 yards or that our main free taker is inconsistent at best or that there is nothing even resembling a midfielder in the county.

It's going to be a very short summer and Division Three football next year could kill off Meath football for a very long time.
08-04-2012, 19:01   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadam View Post
We owed yis that, time for for a few beers now to celebrate, some revenge for 2010.
Jesus wept!!!!
Ye need to get over 2010 ffs. There were a load of aul lads talking like that in the stands today. Makes you sound pathetic. Why not just celebrate a good performance by your side today and the fact you beat relegation.
(4) thanks from:
08-04-2012, 19:03   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Seahawk View Post
So what was last year's game?

Bad day today but hardly unsurprising. It was in the post. If you keep on playing with fire you're going to get burnt eventually. And boy did we get burnt today.

I still don't blame Banty for all this team's woes. It's not his fault that lads can't handpass a ball into a teammate's chest from 5 yards or that our main free taker is inconsistent at best or that there is nothing even resembling a midfielder in the county.

It's going to be a very short summer and Division Three football next year could kill off Meath football for a very long time.
I think Banty has "lost the dressing room" as they say.

Fair enough the quality isn't there at the moment but I don't think thats a Div 3 team, they just didn't try today and that's the worst thing a team can do
08-04-2012, 19:10   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flancrest View Post
Jesus wept!!!!
Ye need to get over 2010 ffs. There were a load of aul lads talking like that in the stands today. Makes you sound pathetic. Why not just celebrate a good performance by your side today and the fact you beat relegation.
Completely agree, get over it, 2 years ffs!
Advertisement
08-04-2012, 19:12   #70
Long Term Louth

Quote:
Jesus wept!!!!
And today he rose from the dead!
(2) thanks from:
08-04-2012, 19:20   #71
macadam

Quote:
Jesus wept!!!!
I intend to celebrate, revenge is sweet no matter when it comes, its not just the winning but the relegation adds to it tenfold.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend .
08-04-2012, 19:32   #72

well done Louth for winning today....but to say it was revenge for Meath beating you in 2010 is laughable as we hammered you in the championship last year.
Thanks from:
08-04-2012, 20:49   #73
ebbsy

Why did ye get rid of EOB chaps ? Always thought that was a bad move.
08-04-2012, 21:22   #74
Royal Legend

The problems with our football go way deeper than Banty, although as I have said before I dont think we should have an outside manager.
If Banty walks tonight, who takes over? Geraghty?

Why did Boylan resign his post during the week also?

To be honest we need someone like Boylan to sort out this mess, get a bit of pride back in the jersey. when you hear the experts stating on rte that we have gone soft !!

Its 1983/84 since I last saw a player wear the Meath Jersey and not put in an effort, show a lack of pride or lack balls, its a sad state of affairs that its happened.

As for Louth, well done on staying up, but seriously, the way you reacted to the result today, explains exactly why it will be another 50 years before you contest another Leinster final. That the height of your ambition is to win a relegation playoff says it all
08-04-2012, 21:33   #75
klong

Would Harnan take over? Anyone read the piece in the Sunday Indo today?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion