Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-03-2012, 02:46   #46
MickySticks
Banned

Kildare team to face Louth on Sunday.

Shane Connolly, St. Laurences
Peter Kelly, Two Mile House
Michael Foley, Athy
Ollie Lyons, Celbridge
Emmet Bolton, Eadestown
Morgan O’Flaherty, Carbury
Hugh McGrillen, Celbridge
Daryl Flynn, Moorefield
John Doyle, Allenwood
James Kavanagh, Ballymore
Mikey Conway, Nurney
Padraig O’Neill, St. Laurences
Eamonn Callaghan, Naas
Tomás O’Connor, Clane
Eoghan O’Flaherty, Carbury

Looking at that isn't it amazing there's only one player from the two biggest clubs in Kildare, Moorefield and Sarsfields.
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 03:48   #47

Earley's comeback reception will be remembered for a very long time in the hearts of lillywhites. True gent, well deserved and very fitting that the big man got the last point courtesy of another kildare legend in JD. Special day in St.Conleths Park.

My view on Seanie Johnston coming?? Well first of all I have to say I dont mind either way whether he comes or not because I feel we are going to do something special this year and quite right as you put it, the lads getting what they deserve after all the hard work, and knocking on the door the past few seasons. We mean business this year lads!

What I will say though is that I do admire Seanie and his persistence. He has had alot of obstacles been thrown at him and still seems determined and committed to his transfer. It is going to the DRA now as mcgeeney said it would and now he will have to fit the DRA bill. The DRA are an independent body it is the rule book that will be looked at and If he complies and satisfies the rules In my honest opinion there is no reason for it to be turned down. Will just have to wait and see.

On non transfer news. I see the same team has been selected that overcame Derry for sunday. A must win game to keep promotion hopes alive. It will be a tough one kildare dont have to be reminded of it. Kavanagh did well the last day and was great to see A smith get the goal so hopefully forwards shown a bit of confidence. TOC doing well upfront and would love to have JD there for him to offload to. Midfield cleaned out the last day so the pairing with flynn is a slight concern as are the backs at the minute but no doubt after Derry things will tighten up in that area. Thought P kelly had a super game. Not sure how far/off is Lynch but would love to see him get a few mins. To sum up hope we put in another good performance and fingers crossed its another 2 points on the board sunday.
17-03-2012, 11:26   #48
roy rodgers

Dermot Early played 30 min with his club team Sarsfields last night and played well in the centre of the field so hopfully we will see him back in midfield for kildare soon because we need him there for sure..

Cant see kildare losing tommorrow and by right they shouldn't. we should win easily and I reakon the score will be kildare 1-16 to louths 0-12
17-03-2012, 13:17   #49
blackbelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy rodgers View Post
Cant see kildare losing tommorrow and by right they shouldn't. we should win easily and I reakon the score will be kildare 1-16 to louths 0-12
By right? They have to earn the right to win by making sure they play better than Louth or in other ways playing less worse than Louth.Louth have taken Kildare on occasion when Kildare were heavy favourites.They may beat Louth easily, then again Louth may pip them.

I went for Louth in the pools as there is always a surprise each week and this one has the potential along with the Galway- Tyrone game.

Earley is a huge boost.
17-03-2012, 17:35   #50
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt View Post
By right? They have to earn the right to win by making sure they play better than Louth or in other ways playing less worse than Louth.Louth have taken Kildare on occasion when Kildare were heavy favourites.They may beat Louth easily, then again Louth may pip them.

I went for Louth in the pools as there is always a surprise each week and this one has the potential along with the Galway- Tyrone game.

Earley is a huge boost.
Didn't agree with Roy's comment very disrespectful to Louth IMO!!! Bad form!!!

On another note dermot is a MASSIVE boost for us please god he can escape another injury
Advertisement
18-03-2012, 18:28   #51
DARK-KNIGHT

Great win for the lilies today!! Louth are certainly not a brush aside team as suggested earlier good solid display from us away from home!!!

Well done lads

CILL DARA ABÚ
18-03-2012, 19:41   #52
MickySticks
Banned

Louth 0-17 2-15 Kildare

Decent performance today, it's hard to believe promotion now in our own hands. Thought we played with real purpose going forward but at the back we seem far too open. Playing Foley out around CB / Midfield seems to rob the full back line of some of its solidity and Ollie found his man a real handful also. The two fade- outs in the second and fourth quarters were concerning but on the positive side I thought the forwards showed good form despite some more bad wides. JD was brilliant again and Mikey Conway improved. Good stuff from O'Connor also and Kavanagh in patches. It's great to see us knocking in another two goals today. I like McGrillen in the wing back role. Leper was everywhere too. 2 more wins and we're back playing Tyrone in Croker, which would be the perfect dry run for the championship, particularly given we are very late out in the Championship this year.

Division 2. P W D L F A P
Tyrone.........5 5 0 0 9-64 0-55....10
Kildare.........5 3 0 2 4-70 6-64.....6
Galway........5 2 1 2 3-61 3-61.....5
Meath..........5 2 0 3 4-63 2-57.....4
Monaghan...5 2 0 3 5-69 3-75.....4
Derry...........5 2 0 3 3-55 5-60.....4
Westmeath..5 2 0 3 2-52 4-64.....4
Louth...........5 1 1 3 1-68 8-66.....3
18-03-2012, 23:39   #53
full_irish

Good result today but a few things...

did we kick the usual amount of wides as we always do?

it seems worrying the amount of score-able free kicks we gave away. Can't afford this against better opposition.

Did Earley get a run out today at all?
19-03-2012, 11:39   #54
roy rodgers

No sign of Earley yesterday I suppose we have to bring him back slowly he did play 30min on friday night..
Easy enough win yesterday I had the confidance in our team we were 10 pionts clear with 15 mins to go and 5 points ahead after 15 mins but we let our guard down and let them back into it.
I never taught that kildare wouldnt be a place for promotion as i have them in the pools to go up with tyrone.
Flynn didnt play well in the center again, thats his fourth game in a row playing bad he must need a holiday!!
I liked smithy coming into the game he did make the first goal.but what I liked about him was that he came running out from the forwards to meet the attack which TOC or JK were not doing.
All in all great result and bring on westmeath
Advertisement
19-03-2012, 17:12   #55
full_irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy rodgers View Post
All in all great result and bring on westmeath
I concur. I feel its gonna come down to getting a result in Galway... which will be difficult enough BUT the sort of games we need to be winning if we're to be challenging for any silverware this year.
19-03-2012, 18:41   #56
roy rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_irish View Post
I concur. I feel its gonna come down to getting a result in Galway... which will be difficult enough BUT the sort of games we need to be winning if we're to be challenging for any silverware this year.
Totally agree with you we need to win the next two games if we are going to get any sliverware this year.
It would be nice to play Tyrone again in the league final.
19-03-2012, 19:01   #57
MickySticks
Banned

Couldn't care less about a league final TBH. Once we finish in the top 2 and playing Div.1 football next year is all that matters. We should beat Westmeath next weekend and then its winner takes all in Galway.

In terms of the championship a Leinster title would be nice though what ever about an All Ireland.
19-03-2012, 19:17   #58
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickySticks View Post
Couldn't care less about a league final TBH. Once we finish in the top 2 and playing Div.1 football next year is all that matters. We should beat Westmeath next weekend and then its winner takes all in Galway.

In terms of the championship a Leinster title would be nice though what ever about an All Ireland.
Why don't you care about league final??
19-03-2012, 19:55   #59
MickySticks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
Why don't you care about league final??
It's pretty meaningless. Promotion is more important.
19-03-2012, 20:44   #60
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickySticks View Post
It's pretty meaningless. Promotion is more important.
Defeats the purpose of competition then?? Ffs lol

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion