Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Kevin Cassidy is next on the list.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well lads this time next week I hope kildare fans will be celebrating in Galway and god forbid not drowning the sorrows. Im really looking forward to the match. Its going to be a tough match. Winner takes all and I hope Kildares hunger will get us over the line and please god an occasion for us Lillies to remember. The atmosphere should be hopping and think us Lillies will be out in force counting the weekend thats in it. Come on Kildare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Well lads this time next week I hope kildare fans will be celebrating in Galway and god forbid not drowning the sorrows. Im really looking forward to the match. Its going to be a tough match. Winner takes all and I hope Kildares hunger will get us over the line and please god an occasion for us Lillies to remember. The atmosphere should be hopping and think us Lillies will be out in force counting the weekend thats in it. Come on Kildare!

I just hope things go our way for a change its long over due.

we should do it I have great confidence in the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I just hope things go our way for a change its long over due.

we should do it I have great confidence in the lads.

This is our year I just have a really good feeling " fingers crossed "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Hopefully we beat Galway. Read somewhere that we haven't beaten Galway since 85/86. A real bogie team for us. Think we have the defence to deal with the likes of Joyce etc now though

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Galway put a dent in our plans before, wonder would that spur them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

The Seanie saga ends tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

largepants wrote: »

I thought it takes 10 days from when the request is lodged which was only a couple of days ago?

To Alcohol wrote: »
    I thought it takes 10 days from when the request is lodged which was only a couple of days ago?

Sorry I have my weeks mixed up. Thought it was gone in since yesterday week. My bad. Another week of it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

largepants wrote: »

I thought this had been fully dealt with? Is there a final appeal or something?

As a Galwayman I'm looking forward to the game Sunday. Hopefully be a fine day and there should be a decent crowd. It's true that we have a good record against Kildare but I don't know if that will count for much next Sunday. Kildare are 8/13 favs which is about right I'd say, Kildare being a bit ahead of us in their development and in big-match experience. There will be a championship feel to this game and it could be a cracker.

• Advertisement

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I thought this had been fully dealt with? Is there a final appeal or something?

As a Galwayman I'm looking forward to the game Sunday. Hopefully be a fine day and there should be a decent crowd. It's true that we have a good record against Kildare but I don't know if that will count for much next Sunday. Kildare are 8/13 favs which is about right I'd say, Kildare being a bit ahead of us in their development and in big-match experience. There will be a championship feel to this game and it could be a cracker.

A new transfer has gone in.

Yea it should be a cracker ok. Kildare seem to have improved as the league has gone one and I suppose the bookies are mindful of that. However the 'fear nothing' attitude with the youthful Galway side might make this a lot closer than the bookies realise. If its half the game the '98 final was it'll be some game. Hoping for a different result of course.:P

I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

This is on the telly, TG4, after the Dublin match

ColHol wrote: »
    This is on the telly, TG4, after the Dublin match

But there is nothing like been down there in galway for the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

actually my reading of it is that it seems to be 10 days from when Croke park or provincial council notifies the county board of the pending tranfer request, and not when the new club sends the form nor when croker receives the form.

So depending on how quick the post gets to Dublin, and how quick croke park reacts on that in notifying the county board, you could get a few additional days on top of the 10.

this is the flow of events :
    player/ new club/ new county sign transfer form -> form posted to croker -> croker receives the transfer and processes it --> old county is notified -> 10 days wait -> if no objection from county then transfer is approved, otherwise goes to a committe for decision on residence or other issues
    In the case of an Inter-County Transfer, an application shall be granted if there is no objection from the County the player is leaving within ten days of the forwarding of the application to the County by the Central Council or Provincial Council, as appropriate.
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/official_guides/Official_Guide_2011_Part_1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

So if all goes well, we could see Seanie pulling on the jersey against Tyrone for his first game in Croker and scoring about 2-11 all by himself.... a man can dream!

Gutted, i'm not able to get across to Galway for the game. First time in a year I'm in the country when the lilies are playing and still can't make it.

Full irish, if cavan gaels give the green light again and the Cavan county board do this time. Then it goes through automatically after the 10 days I think? See Bolton is backing him so assume the rest of camp would welcome him also.

Anyone know when and if the team will be named?
    Ill go with the same team that started against westmeath. Although the team were excellent the last day. You never know where Geezer may make a change depending on Injuries etc. Hopefully JD and TOC are ok? I hope we can bring the level of intensity and hunger that we have had over the past few games to the west and go out and give it everything. Promotion to Division 1 is at stake so no better motivation. Who would of thought it after the first two games just goes to show the steady improvements we have been making week by week.
    Sunday cant come quick enough at this stage. Be over the moon if we get the win. Would be Ideal to get another run out in Croker at the league final before the championship starts. A real confidence booster so I hope to god we do it and give the travelling lillies something to remember this bank hoilday. Come on KILDARE!:D

Jaysus you wouldn't be well after watching that :D

Great day :D

Wich of you said the draw wouldn't come into play?? See I am über knowledgable!!!

CILL DARA ABÚ

SO PROUD TODAY LADS GREAT FIGHTBACK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Wich of you said the draw wouldn't come into play?? See I am über knowledgable!!!

CILL DARA ABÚ

SO PROUD TODAY LADS GREAT FIGHTBACK

Well done on the promotion Dark Knight. I think Kildare will be a bigger force in this years championship than they were last year.That game yesterday was played as close to championship pace as you can get.

Salthill is a difficult place to get a result and you have to credit Kildare for not giving in but one has to wonder if they should have been in the position having played so well throughout the game.

cant believe what happened in galway yesterday.. on the 37 min we rose again!! It will be great to see how good we are againist tyrone as I think they are the best team in the country at the moment and if we play like we did in the second half yesterday we will be hammered.

I done a bet yesterday I picked 14 teams and the odds where 10700/1 I even picked the draw game with kerry and mayo but kildare let me down!!!! but at the same time there is nothing like division1 football

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote: »
    Well done on the promotion Dark Knight. I think Kildare will be a bigger force in this years championship than they were last year.That game yesterday was played as close to championship pace as you can get.

Salthill is a difficult place to get a result and you have to credit Kildare for not giving in but one has to wonder if they should have been in the position having played so well throughout the game.

Your 100 % correct mate they should have closed the game out tbh bad slip of form mid game gave Galway a chance, but wow Joyce for Galway I would do anything to have a kicker with his accuracy tbh!!

But have to say they have done something that in past few years they haven't shown grit and determination and a real belief in themselves to come back at Galway and win. Which is a real step forward for the team.

The steely confidence of Doyle to take that burden on his shoulders says it all what a magnificent player for us.

Just to add I think mayo might have their hands full with that Galway side they are a very good clinical side and it could very well have been them in div1 only for a great finish by Kildare!!

Feel so bad for Meath fans though that has to be heartbreaking for them.

I'm still very wary of the dubs though poor league from them but even still they are so dangerous on the big days..

Looking forward to div1 next year mate we will see you there..

Parnell park here I come :D

Don't know what game you were watching but Kildare were very poor in the second half, we didn't not come out of the dressing rooms after half time. Galway deserved to win that game TBH. We were very lucky to get a result yesterday. Fair play to the referee for giving the penalty, it was a stonewall penalty but a lot of referees would have bottled it.

Tyrone are flying and as DK says they are probably the best team in the country ATM so this will be a huge test for Kildare, we aren't out in the championship until June 17th so a good tough game in Croker in 3 weeks will be a great help to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

A league opener against the Dubs under lights in Croker and a trip to the Kingdom would do very nicely in next years league.

A league opener against the Dubs under lights in Croker and a trip to the Kingdom would do very nicely in next years league.
    If we are drawn at home to the Dubs the game should be in Newbridge, end of!

There will be a lot of traveling next year with Mayo, Cork, Kerry, Tyrone and Down in our division.

God all almighty the ticker after that. Great to get the result yesterday. Delighted for the team and management. They never gave in and showed some serious determination to get the result. Our heart and character has really come to the fore in this years league.The lads really deserve it after all their hard work and im delighted for the lillywhite fans. Great support there yesterday. The roar when JD rattled the net my god. What a feeling. Special moment for the team and fans on the pitch at the end.
    Fair play to the referee (Kinsella) even though it was a clear penalty. It was a big call and he had the b***s to give it. Honestly after us being at the wrong side of decisions over the past few years I couldnt be more happy for the Kildare team and fans. The rub of green has come at last.:D
    Well done to all and really looking forward to having another crack at Tyrone in the league final. Up the Lilywhites!:D

Forget talking bout wrong decisions etc that's in the past this team can win the big games but can they string them together to be one of the big 2 or 3 in the country!! No such thing as needing luck the lads need to win without luck being a factor!!

Btw bet Johnston was watching smith kick some great scores and thinking twice considering all talk is around Johnston taking smiths place in panel!!!

Smithy you proved your worth yesterday boy well done

Dark Knight thought Alan Smith did very well yesterday particularly in the first half. Not only is he getting crucial scores himself but hes making the right decisions not been selfish and creating and setting up others in better positions. Hes in form and has got his confidence. Im delighted for him. Kildare need him to be firing at all cylinders for this years championship.

No such thing as needing luck the lads need to win without luck being a factor!!

Ah come on now, even the Kerrys,Dublins,Tyrones and Corks need luck at some stage.I know you are excited to be in Division 1 next year but come don't be so naive. :D

Your 100 % correct mate they should have closed the game out tbh bad slip of form mid game gave Galway a chance, but wow Joyce for Galway I would do anything to have a kicker with his accuracy tbh!!

We could have done with Joyce yesterday ourselves.He had an amazing game and was glad to see him come on as I rate him.

Feel so bad for Meath fans though that has to be heartbreaking for them.

I'm still very wary of the dubs though poor league from them but even still they are so dangerous on the big days..

Looking forward to div1 next year mate we will see you there..

Parnell park here I come :D

Dublin will be a different animal in the championship though.Too many players injured and not firing on all cylinders.They have shown grit and determination to come back from all sort of defeats and bad campaigns though.Meath will have their work cut out for them. I really think it will be a short summer for them.

Dublin and Kildare will be in Croke Park or Newbridge I would imagine.If we do not have a repeat of last years final this year, I would love to go down to Killarney for our league meeting with Kerry.Had one of the best weekends on the road down there in 2010.Castlebar/Westport is good craic too.All the other places are either journeys up the motorway (Down) or too far away (Donegal).

Get your itinary sorted out by November. :D

• Advertisement

Ah come on now, even the Kerrys,Dublins,Tyrones and Corks need luck at some stage.I know you are excited to be in Division 1 next year but come don't be so naive. :D

Just don't like to hear kildare fans going on bout bad luck I mean yes we have had our fair bit but let's get on with it and hope we won't need it in big decisions I know it's needed but lets not dwell on it.

Actually who was relegated from div 1 I imagine Laois anyways but who else???

Advertisement