Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Afraid too get this on pc as I've been burnt a few times with titles in the last while, very bad frame rates, setting all turned down, just cause 4 for example was almost unplayable, gtx 770, 5-4670, 8 gigs of ram.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Afraid too get this on pc as I've been burnt a few times with titles in the last while, very bad frame rates, setting all turned down, just cause 4 for example was almost unplayable, gtx 770, 5-4670, 8 gigs of ram.

How did dark souls 3 run. Meant to be similar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How did dark souls 3 run. Meant to be similar

I never got it on pc :pac:

It's totally single player? Wait for optimisation patches etc and don't put money down for a sub par experience in that instance regardless of platform.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nah FromSoft games are among the few games that are best played at launch. Discovering their secrets and nuances along with the rest of the world is one of the unique joys of this studio’s games.

And they always nerf some of the really fun stuff after a few weeks ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

She's out on PC. **** work tomorrow.

Just played a little past the tutorial area. Fantastic stuff so far. Also running butter smooth on a 1070. Flawless 60 fps.

One crash though when I first got the sword which was weird.

Haven't figured out how to do more damage or get extra health yet. Extra skills aren't cutting it so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Running great on PC, smooth 60 FPS on a 970 so definitely the way to go if you have the option.

Super challenging so far even by From standards. It's Bloodborne on steroids. Almost certainly the best looking game they've met, some truly stunning environments and art direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

This game and idea are beautiful. It’s just impossible to expect another great studio from this one, I think it is already a masterpiece. Today I will install it and test it in action, I was very much waiting for it to be released :)

Playing on PC. Started earlier before work. Those smooth buttery framerates.

So the upgrades are simply tied to the the bosses, and the difficulty is even worse than the previous games. That seems to be the feeling in the reviews.

Loved Bloodbourne, but at least you could grind somewhat if you were struggling until you got powerful enough

Laugh at the notion too that the souls games are not hard games lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ this is balls hard. I love it.

Need to get my stop panicking and get my deflection timing down. They were 100% right when they tell you to get out of the Dark Souls mindset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So the upgrades are simply tied to the the bosses, and the difficulty is even worse than the previous games.

Loved Bloodbourne, but at least you could grind somewhat if you were struggling until you got powerful enough

Laugh at the notion too that the soils games are not hard games lol

There not that hard at all. They punish idiots who charge right in or those that persist with tactics that simply don't work. If you approach it right it's challenging but not difficult.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There not that hard at all. They punish idiots who charge right in or those that persist with tactics that simply don't work. If you approach it right it's challenging but not difficult.

Again the notion that these games are not difficult is ridiculous imo but each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Damn work, downloaded and ready to play this evening!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've to get to a Smyth's at some point to pick this up today.
    Can't wait!
    In fairness, it'll probably be my son that'll complete it first!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've to get to a Smyth's at some point to pick this up today.
    Can't wait!
    In fairness, it'll probably be my son that'll complete it first!

59.99 in Smyths

Same in Argos. Was hoping for it to me cheaper

DMC 5 was 49.99!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

59.99 in Smyths

Same in Argos. Was hoping for it to me cheaper

DMC 5 was 49.99!!

I'm picking it up from Smyths at lunch. I got it for €55

I'm picking it up from Smyths at lunch. I got it for €55

How?!

• Advertisement

The tactic of killing one and flying away until they've stopped being aggro is working if a little tedious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

How?!

Think it was a pre-order store collection special actually.
    Looking at the website, it's back at 60 euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hadn't really planned on picking it up, but i have €30 credit on Steam, so figured why not. Reviews make it look excellent.

Anyone try with kb/mouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It looks amazing but I think the clip I saw was from a PC and my console trained eyes were probably baffled. I'll probably pick it up at some stage. I get what Retro is saying about how the difficulty is presented because I was put off on Bloodborne for years but once I played it, it quickly became one of my favourite games ever.
    I found BB a lot more accessible than the Souls games, think the setting just clicked for me.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It looks amazing but I think the clip I saw was from a PC and my console trained eyes were probably baffled. I'll probably pick it up at some stage. I get what Retro is saying about how the difficulty is presented because I was put off on Bloodborne for years but once I played it, it quickly became one of my favourite games ever.
    I found BB a lot more accessible than the Souls games, think the setting just clicked for me.

I look forward to your post this evening saying you bought it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I look forward to your post this evening saying you bought it :pac:

Think I'm safe enough at the moment, totally consumed by the Division. So much so as I was coming into work today I was thinking I don't have enough time in my life for Battlefield V and my job and one of them probably has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

60 in Argos aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Got a reservation in Argos here. Will pick it up if amazon have not delivered by the time I finish work. I have all evenings free this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Think I'm safe enough at the moment, totally consumed by the Division. So much so as I was coming into work today I was thinking I don't have enough time in my life for Battlefield V and my job and one of them probably has to go.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

You should probably quit the job :pac:

Like others, it's hard to justify buying it with the other games i'm playing at the moment.

Still bought it though :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    Like others, it's hard to justify buying it with the other games i'm playing at the moment.

Still bought it though :pac:

It's better than anything you are playing at the moment.

The hype has you lads

Can't wait for the posts later :D

This Shinobi Hunter can eat a bag of dicks

Vicxas wrote: »

It begins! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Tempted to get this for €30 via the Gamestop trade in deal.

Finally beat him.

Take half his health by being a sneaky snake. Then die anyway.

Wait. The boss after the Shinobi Hunter. He can eat ALL of the dicks in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Wait. The boss after the Shinobi Hunter. He can eat ALL of the dicks in Ireland.

The
    drunk guy
    ? I've put it down there for the day. Pain in the arse killing all the normal guys first every time.

Looks like some people are going to give up on this early. :pac:

Looks like some people are going to give up on this early. :pac:

Yeah, but 'apparently' it's not difficult :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

"Not difficult" =/= "not as difficult as some people make out"

(Haven't played Sekiro yet mind, maybe it's a big step up in difficulty on the other souls games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is not a Dark Souls game :pac:

My deaths so far is me just trying to get to grips with the combat and testing what works and what doesn't. The circle sidestep is not as effective as the Dark Souls and Bloodborne dodges, the i-frames seem really low on it. Found jumping to be a better GTFO tool.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I know they've ditched the co-op but is there no PvP in this either?

• Advertisement

The
    drunk guy
    ? I've put it down there for the day. Pain in the arse killing all the normal guys first every time.

This chap was giving me quite a bit of trouble (
    even with the NPC help - seems they couldn't entirely ditch the helping hands
    :pac:), so went back to the initial path and took down the ogre easily. Hopefully the
    extra gourd and healing power
    will make it a touch more manageable.

Finding it pretty demanding so far. It's very Souls-like in terms of items, design etc... but it's also definitely a departure too. Which is welcome. I honestly felt From needed to revitalise itself as Dark Souls 3 felt a bit like a 'greatest hits'. This shares DNA for sure but the pace and combat is a pretty major departure so feel like it's a definite change for the better.

Its frustrating that you can't just farm souls if you're stuck. Although you can run past enemies almost guilt free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I ordered this yesterday at 2pm from smiths hoping it will arrive today I really didn’t know about this game before yesterday I don’t know how though lol

I platinumed Bloodborne and loved that game so will give this a chance reviews were very strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I cant play THIS and the division 2 also can i??? at the same time..

and apex

:pac:

Finding it pretty demanding so far. It's very Souls-like in terms of items, design etc... but it's also definitely a departure too. Which is welcome. I honestly felt From needed to revitalise itself as Dark Souls 3 felt a bit like a 'greatest hits'. This shares DNA for sure but the pace and combat is a pretty major departure so feel like it's a definite change for the better.

I'm only at the start of the game but I find it's missing the weirdness of the Dark Souls games in terms of mechanics. Stuff like the interesting things it does with the online elements. Is there anything like that so far or is it a straight up action game?

• Advertisement
Advertisement