Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Burty330 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Money. Pearl jam don't come cheap, promoters want X amount but given the venues they'd only make Y so they say no.

Not at all. . PJ decide themselves where they want to play.

They could play the INEC in killarney if they wanted. Vedder being a wankstain is the issue , not any promoters.

Yes, they do. But if promoters aren't getting the money for it there won't be a show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Rome looks like a nice option! Pizza, wine, and Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,884 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

England playing Tunisa in the world cup on the 18th June so pubs will be packed pre London gig

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Hi. I'm thinking London or Barcelona, would love to go to Barcelona, lovely wee couple of days in the sun with the added bonus of PJ. Been to the city a few times for football matches but not for a gig, anyone been? Is it any good?
    London is the other choice, would love to go somewhere else but my husband works in London and would quite often just go up to the door and buy a cheap ticket a few minutes after a gig has started ( went to queens of the Stone Age last week) however me being the bigger PJ fan of the two of us I would honestly divorce him if he went without me!!! lol.... actually there would be no lol about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

Rome looks like a nice option! Pizza, wine, and Pearl Jam.

The Iberian festivals look appealing for the same reason - Making a weekend of seeing the likes Pearl Jam, QOTSA, etc, but not much more expensive than seeing them in Dublin.

• Advertisement

cityjet looking like the best flight option for London as they fly into London City Airport. not booking flight til I have tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

The Iberian festivals look appealing for the same reason - Making a weekend of seeing the likes Pearl Jam, QOTSA, etc, but not much more expensive than seeing them in Dublin.
    Spain in July? I'd prefer to be in drizzly Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Considered the Madrid one but it's in a fairly remote area so you'd have to make sure you're on top of the transport. 2 or 3 days standing in a hot, dusty, industrial area may not be the most fun... the Rome venue isn't too far from the Vatican and then you make a trip out of it.

will London on the 18th June sell out Friday morning ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will London on the 18th June sell out Friday morning ??

Does a bear **** in the woods.
    Will sell out in minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I think London will sell out really fast. I'd imagine that most Scottish and Irish fans that can afford to travel will try to go to London. Has anyone heard any talk of an Irish gig? I was hoping I'd get to go to 2. One in Ireland and one away somewhere.

Jgordo wrote: »
    I think London will sell out really fast. I'd imagine that most Scottish and Irish fans that can afford to travel will try to go to London. Has anyone heard any talk of an Irish gig? I was hoping I'd get to go to 2. One in Ireland and one away somewhere.

I imagine all the gigs will sell quickly bar maybe the festival ones.

Unlikely to be an Irish show, unless you want to pay any heed to Joe.ie

well hoping to pick 1 seated ticket for London on the 18th June, hotel is booked (free cancellation) and heading too Manchester the next day for the Foo Fighters in the Etihad stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

will tickets for pearl jam at NOS be handy enough to get?

well hoping to pick 1 seated ticket for London on the 18th June, hotel is booked (free cancellation) and heading too Manchester the next day for the Foo Fighters in the Etihad stadium.

I imagine you'll be ok for that, get in on time on Friday then enjoy the show!

zweton wrote: »

Day ticket or 3 day. It'll likely sell out alright, wouldn't dwell on it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

not sure yet, 3 day ticket 150 thats pretty good though.

not sure yet, 3 day ticket 150 thats pretty good though.

It's great value. It's a good festival, still have a headliner to announce too. It's worth the trip.

I'm just hoping Berlin doesn't sell out too fast, will be on mobile trying for them

Mushy wrote: »
    It's great value. It's a good festival, still have a headliner to announce too. It's worth the trip.

I'm just hoping Berlin doesn't sell out too fast, will be on mobile trying for them

app is way better but had it's issues. no bolexe like clicking pictures of trees etc either

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Didn't take the risk .Jumped on it last week !!

• Advertisement

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266775/2018-tour-rumour-thread/p93

'Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show'

June 16th or end of May ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266775/2018-tour-rumour-thread/p93

'Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show'

June 16th or end of May ???

Part of me wants to get excited but im afraid of getting let down ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Part of me wants to get excited but im afraid of getting let down ha

Yeah same.
    Hope to get the Berlin tickets today. If they announce Slane at some stage, it's an added bonus.
    Camped at Slane for Foos and GnR, best way to do it and makes the whole thing much more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

exilec wrote: »
    Didn't take the risk .Jumped on it last week !!

Same here. Better safe than sorry.

Slane Castle is a light at the end of the tunnel. A really long one.

Got my Berlin tickets, wooooo

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Got my Berlin tickets, wooooo

Not jealous at all. Should really have signed up for that 10 club.

198 euro, not cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

198 euro, not cheap

For how many?

For the pair, sorry.

It's a GA ticket. So I'm assuming it's the standing area in the Waldbuhne. The standing area looks small enough so could be a great ticket? Anyone know?

The venue itself looks amazing
    435302.jpg

• Advertisement

For the pair, sorry.

It's a GA ticket. So I'm assuming it's the standing area in the Waldbuhne. The standing area looks small enough so could be a great ticket? Anyone know?

The venue itself looks amazing
    435302.jpg

I think it's a fully GA venue anyway. Looks unreal, it's why I chose it

Advertisement