Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Vedder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It would help if they told you which areas each of the price tiers can give you, especially when you can't choose a location.

I got a 60 euro ticket but it was right over at the side so decided to search again and then they were gone.

General sale it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I hope the 10C tickets are on the flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

No luck. Ticketmaster at its best

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Ticketmaster is a ****ing joke :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I'm kinda ok with ticket price inflation these days - reckon I owe Eddie a few quid at this stage, think the last album of his I bought was No Code..

Last album of his worth buying tbh... (well maybe yield after that but..)

I'm away for this but I think if I was here I'd definitely be getting a ticket, prices are a ripoff though. I'd grumble about paying that price for a full PJ concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

We got presale tickets. I was happy to see that it was limited to 2 per order.
    It is a pity that ticketmaster removed the option to select your block a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Got Block G with my code after numerous attempts but decided against as they're not the best. No joy again, but girlfriend tried a new code and got Block C....Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Crazy money though, for 2 hours of ukelele. Oh here comes Glen Hansard to sing a song... great.

2 hours of AMAZING ukelele with Eddie Vedder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crazy money though, for 2 hours of ukelele. Oh here comes Glen Hansard to sing a song... great.

but its top class ukelele and an oscar winning artist

I just hope i dont get mugged on the way back to bus aras

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    top class ukelele

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jenno86 wrote: »
    These 3 presales are a joke. I have never got sorted in them.

They are usually good for getting tickets, as general sale for popular acts is a lottery. General sale could be a mess seeing as the presale sold out so quickly.
    There seems to be big demand even at 100 euro for a ticket, which is extortion.

I find it a bit rich that Pearl Jam have avoided Ireland the last few tours, yet Vedder is doing a solo gig in the 3Arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Only two per person and I needed 3. Of course.

Should be interesting in the morning if the presales sold out that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭villa2008

Just got a ticket now in the 3 presale. Keep trying.

Crazy price "99 Euro" but hey its Eddie Vedder. Should be a great gig.

I was all on for going to this until I realised that he'd be SOLO, not solo with a band. Not sure it warrants the money, and the venue is all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Ok. After million attepts i managed to score 2 tickets. Block G.

Better that than nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Still tickets available on 3 presale, just got offered F row 18

Anyone know the password for the Cork presale?
    Standing tickets are 93 euro, seats 103 bar a few at the back.

Happy days got block b row 15 seat 31

€99.35

I was all on for going to this until I realised that he'd be SOLO, not solo with a band. Not sure it warrants the money, and the venue is all wrong.

So it's a one man show?

• Advertisement

woohoo decided to check back in and got two block A tickets, delighted!!
    :D

So it's a one man show?

Its a one man and one Glen Hansard show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just managed to get Block E row 14 so pretty chuffed! Did anyone get the flat seating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know the password for the Cork presale?
    Standing tickets are 93 euro, seats 103 bar a few at the back.

Only ten club presale for Cork, no other normal one. Dreading 9am tomorrow!

Its a one man and one Glen Hansard show.

That's disappointing, I presumed he would have some sort of a band.

A one man show in the 3Arena is ridiculous, he should be playing a smaller venue but there is nothing indoors between 2k and 10k capacity in Dublin.
    I wonder will the 3Arena be reduced capacity, ie back section curtained off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

That's disappointing, I presumed he would have some sort of a band.

A one man show in the 3Arena is ridiculous, he should be playing a smaller venue but there is nothing indoors between 2k and 10k capacity in Dublin.

Grand canal theater is about 3000.
    Personally hoped it would be iveagh gardens (5000) or the Olympia. Or even those new gigs in trinity on the pav

Mushy wrote: »
    Only ten club presale for Cork, no other normal one. Dreading 9am tomorrow!

Yeah I know but the password is generic so can be shared.

3Arena looking like it will be curtained off as only lower section seats in the presale.

Just managed to get Block E row 14 so pretty chuffed! Did anyone get the flat seating?

Block e is flat seating isn't it?
    I got block a, delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Biscuit80

Managed to get sorted with Three presale for tickets on the Flat Section - Row F.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Sorry, I'm dying sick, there isnt a 3 presale for the marquee...Am i correct?

Tickets already on seatwave for €350 a pair.

How are Ticketmaster allowed get away with this?

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm dying sick, there isnt a 3 presale for the marquee...Am i correct?

Not a public one. There is for Ten Club members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does anyone know when they sellout of Pre-sale tickets ? Is there anyway to tell from the website ?
    I've been offered a number of tickets at various stages in the morning but tried to get different seats as they were all off to the sides.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Not a public one. There is for Ten Club members

http://m.ticketmaster.ie/event/18005251AA129D7B?did=elaserp

Just need the password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Would it be better to see him in cork rather than Dublin?

• Advertisement

Tilikum wrote: »
    Would it be better to see him in cork rather than Dublin?

Marquee is a much much smaller venue. Sound can be bad in it though apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Surely it's reasonable to assome that the 10c tickets for Dublin will be the flat seating ones? I've only ever gotten GA tix through 10c so never mattered before. It's also a bit crap that 10c members won't know where they're actually seated till we pick up our tickets on the day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'm not the biggest PJ fan, do like them though, but I'd never listened to the Uke album, and only heard the Into the Wild stuff while watching the film...

Listened to both last night.
    Very underwhelmed with the Uke album, don't think there was a single memorable track.
    The soundtrack was much better...

Still hoping to get tickets tomorrow.
    Big Frames / Hansard fan, and looking forward to the collaborations, and to the odd PJ acoustic version from Eddie.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest PJ fan, do like them though, but I'd never listened to the Uke album, and only heard the Into the Wild stuff while watching the film...

Listened to both last night.
    Very underwhelmed with the Uke album, don't think there was a single memorable track.
    The soundtrack was much better...

Still hoping to get tickets tomorrow.
    Big Frames / Hansard fan, and looking forward to the collaborations, and to the odd PJ acoustic version from Eddie.

Sleepless nights with glen on the uke album is probably the best thing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Did anyone get the flat seating?

Yes, I got two in the sixth row.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Block e is flat seating isn't it?
    I got block a, delighted :D
    No, block E is block E, lower tier

I wonder will the 3Arena be reduced capacity, ie back section curtained off.
    I doubt it, he can easily sell the whole venue out. They release specific sections for 3 presale, but plenty of other sections in the gen sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Block C, Row 14 delighted.
    Anyone unsure of going due to the ukelele album etc don't worry. If you look at some of his previous solo set lists there's plenty of variety in there.

It will be a super night relaxing with Ed :)

Weird that in 1991 when Glen Hansard was playing Outspan in the commitments pearl jam released the amazing album TEN and years later himself and Eddie Vedder are best of friends

Hopefully Pearl Jam will tour here next time but enjoy Eddies solo stuff since I started listening to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

How much are tickets for the marquee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Managed to get presale code for marquee. Wanted seated tickets (old age!) Not the happiest with the seats I got but I re-searched a few times and wasn't getting any better... Sher, at least I've no mad panic in the morning. 205 for two tickets, very expensive, but at least it's local this time.

lindtee wrote: »
    Managed to get presale code for marquee. Wanted seated tickets (old age!) Not the happiest with the seats I got but I re-searched a few times and wasn't getting any better... Sher, at least I've no mad panic in the morning. 205 for two tickets, very expensive, but at least it's local this time.

Is it possible to use the code more than once? I doubt it, but if one is going spare I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Do you think presale gets the best seats or could there be better available tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭villa2008

villa2008 wrote: »

Thank you very much, 2 tickets bagged now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement