Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

seannash wrote: »
    Saw that, still cheaper on .de with the conversion. But a great deal whichever you choose

I wonder,must you sent it back to Germany if any warranty claims or 30 days return policy.
    ps.i wouldn't care for the European plug really, as power cord is fully detachable from the base unit, it is standard cord widely used with kitchen appliances, sky boxes, PlayStation etc.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Figure-Power-Cable-Smart-Black/dp/B003OSNWPU/ref=asc_df_B003OSNWPU/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218715807545&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4591915872984370422&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20483&hvtargid=pla-717596734281&psc=1

Surely everyone has some old appliance to borrow it from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

alec76 wrote: »
    I wonder,must you sent it back to Germany if any warranty claims or 30 days return policy.

Its fulfilled by amazon so the returns process is the same,print out label and slap it on a box

Has anyone got the xiaomi voimi?
    Its apparently a pretty decent vacumn but it mops in the y method most robomops use for a better mopping result.

Roborock was a sub division of Xiaomi so it should be similar to roborock in terms of vacumn performance. Ive just heard very littlw about it

Roborock works under Xiaomi umbrella, that’s all . They making vacuums under their own brand or for Xiaomi.
    Xiaomi targeting Chinese market at the moment while Roborock focus on Global.
    As for the hardware ,it is all the same, regardless what they advertising, I wouldn’t trust 1800Pa vs 2000Pa vs 2500 Pa numbers , all those robots sharing exactly same fan for suction,
    applying higher voltage you’ll be able to increase suction power but at cost of reducing lifespan of a robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Got the eufy 15c Max the other day, great bit of kit, house looks great
    Question about controlling it with Google home.

Have added it to Google home but when I ask google home device to use it, it says it can't be used due to language or country.
    Anyone have that issue before???

Edit: never mind, it's working today. Think it was manually going into settings in app and setting language to english

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Just about to pull the trigger on the Roborock S5 Max for 360euro. It looks a like a great deal and decent all rounder. Has anyone any experience of the device or would you guys recommend something different? Hoping to keep to a 400euro budget..

TIA

seannash wrote:
    Anyone purchased from them

Yep, ended up purchasing from them(eglobal) on Saturday evening. I've used them about 20 times at this stage, sometimes there's a delay but always happy in the end. Anyway, they were shipped this morning, I'll update you on progress/delays.

Very excited about this Roborock!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

tedpan wrote: »
    Just about to pull the trigger on the Roborock S5 Max for 360euro. It looks a like a great deal and decent all rounder. Has anyone any experience of the device or would you guys recommend something different? Hoping to keep to a 400euro budget..

TIA

Bought this model a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it. Has mapped both floors and I just move it upstairs when needed. It's my 1st robotic vacuum but the level of cleaning has exceeded my expectations. Still haven't got around to using the mopping function yet so can't comment on that.

caddy16 wrote: »
    Bought this model a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it. Has mapped both floors and I just move it upstairs when needed. It's my 1st robotic vacuum but the level of cleaning has exceeded my expectations. Still haven't got around to using the mopping function yet so can't comment on that.

Do you have to move the dock upstairs also?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nope, dock is just for charging really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

No I just move the vacuum up. It cleans the whole floor and then when it can't find the charging station I get a notification to say it's finished and I just bring it back downstairs.

tedpan wrote:
    Yep, ended up purchasing from them(eglobal) on Saturday evening. I've used them about 20 times at this stage, sometimes there's a delay but always happy in the end. Anyway, they were shipped this morning, I'll update you on progress/delays.

Quick update,

Order placed Saturday night
    Order shipped Sunday morning
    Arrived in DPD Belgium on Monday
    Last night in DPD Oldbury UK

I'm thinking it might be here by Friday. So far it's been less than 3 working days. That has to be some sort of eglobal record!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Quick update,

Order placed Saturday night
    Order shipped Sunday morning
    Arrived in DPD Belgium on Monday
    Last night in DPD Oldbury UK

I'm thinking it might be here by Friday. So far it's been less than 3 working days. That has to be some sort of eglobal record!

Thats Oldbury, Shenzhen, China... should be with you by September

Bluefoam wrote:
    Thats Oldbury, Shenzhen, China... should be with you by September

:D

Just got an email from DPD to say it will be delivered between 8-9pm tonight 

4 days! It feels like Christmas!

02.07.202018:18Drogheda (IE)

Out for delivery.

01.07.202019:06ATHLONE (IE)

In transit.

30.06.202017:07Oldbury (GB)

In transit.

29.06.202018:23Mechelen (BE)

In transit.

29.06.202006:07DPD data centre

Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

EDIT. This thing is class, buy one, my life has changed already!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,

How do you find the roborock, is it good on tiled floors.
    Can you send on the link where you got it on egobal pls

Regards

Liam

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,

How do you find the roborock, is it good on tiled floors.
    Can you send on the link where you got it on egobal pls

Regards

Liam

Hey Liam, it's very impressive, two hours of testing and I'm extremely pleased, you could say 'in love' with it! Automatically adjusts suction on carpets vs tile and does a surprisingly good job getting into every corner on both surfaces. I haven't tested the mop function yet. This is the one I purchased..

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/rirfmpnmuvupcoyg72jd2asrn6vjsyy1m.html

Black version
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ri7vxxbjkhndrfaljx4fstvr5ngrdfx1m.html
    It is really poor website by Eglobal ... search for Roborock return 0 items.

alec76 wrote:
    It is really poor website by Eglobal ... search for Roborock return 0 items.

Totally agree. Their site is useless, you have to search on Google to find most of the products.

FYI on the black version, not good if you have animals. It highlights every hair and bit of dust, best with the white version in my opinion :)

I have 2 white roborocks robots...They not really white anymore, especially one i've bought 2.5-3 years ago .

• Advertisement

A colleague ordered hers from eglobal(s5 max) on Tuesday last week, it was just delivered. They must have some EU stock. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

A colleague ordered hers from eglobal(s5 max) on Tuesday last week, it was just delivered. They must have some EU stock. Happy days!

Ordered one yesterday, hope it's good. Wife thought I was crazy when I told her how much it cost 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Have s5 about 6months now and love it but looking for a recommendation for a stick / 2-in-1 vacuum for shaggy rugs, couch crevice, car etc. Looking for something like Dyson v7 but for around €100 or less. Has anyone got something similar that they recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Have s5 about 6months now and love it but looking for a recommendation for a stick / 2-in-1 vacuum for shaggy rugs, couch crevice, car etc. Looking for something like Dyson v7 but for around €100 or less. Has anyone got something similar that they recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

I was looking for something similar to just do the stairs and places that my eufy robovac couldnt do and ended up going for this Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum Cleaner on amazon.

It has very good reviews and does the job nicely for me and didnt cost a whole lot. One thing is the battery doesnt last very long but as this is just to top up on what the robots are doing i wasnt too worried about the battery life

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mrs. Clareman picked up a Vax handheld in Tesco, it was ~€20 at the time but it's very handy for the stairs or picking up small bits, we also still have the Miele for the carpets once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

Hi guys my s5 max came with a eu plug, what did ye do with yours? Get an adapter or cut the eu plug off and wire an new plug top.

EletricMan wrote: »
    Hi guys my s5 max came with a eu plug, what did ye do with yours? Get an adapter or cut the eu plug off and wire an new plug top.

It uses a figure of 8 cable which is really common on radios and home audio. You probably have a few around the house, if not you can buy one really cheap on ebay

This could also be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Xiaomi app hasn't worked for me in a long time. Just says the device is offline, no maps or records of what has been cleaned, maintenance, etc.

Advertisement