Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are pubs/nightclubs the only way to pull?

Options
  • 31-05-2021 9:56am
    Site Banned Posts: 15

I'm in my mid-20s and have a non-existent social circle which makes meeting women through other friends impossible. Dating apps also don't work unless you're in the 7/10+ category.

I haven't been to a pub/nightclub before but I hear that it's easy to get laid when people are wasted. How true is that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

alexdlinz wrote: »
    I'm in my mid-20s and have a non-existent social circle which makes meeting women through other friends impossible. Dating apps also don't work unless you're in the 7/10+ category.

I haven't been to a pub/nightclub before but I hear that it's easy to get laid when people are wasted. How true is that?
    I suppose its largely true, but maybe not the best strategy for everyone. If I was you I'd at least try the dating apps route to see whats out there rather than going into an environment you have no experience of and trying to bag a drunky (recipe for disaster imo).

I'd disagree with you on the dating apps, they can work for you if you're clever about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Yeah its gonna be easier in the clubs but there is a big difference between out getting wasted and ending up with someone vs out sober looking for someone wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

I'm in my mid-20s and have a non-existent social circle

This is a big turn off for the girls you're hoping to pull, so one way or another, you need to look at improving this aspect of your life.

No. I've taken part in activities such as amateur theatre, playing music, hiking, climbing, board games, etc and I've dated tonnes of girls through those channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Were you very sheltered as a child/teen?? Seems strange that you have never been into a nightclub

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 15 alexdlinz

Were you very sheltered as a child/teen?? Seems strange that you have never been into a nightclub

Yes. My parents were from the U.S. and though not religious, quite strict and forbade me from ever even going out with my classmates in school if there was alcohol being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

When you say pull what are you looking for ? A girlfriend or a casual hook up. Nightclubs aren’t the best place for either.

People who are wasted, can't give consent.

Tread carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Ah jaysis. Is this real if it is. Try meet a friend or 2 and go out for a drink with them. Do not go out alone cruising for women in bars. Youll end up in bother.

People who are wasted, can't give consent.

Tread carefully.

Is it still considered unconsensual if the woman gropes you, kisses you, and then asks for you to get intimate with her?

I think that's quite different from a man approaching a woman who's had so much that she can't stand up vs one who is making moves on her.

• Advertisement

LMHC wrote: »
    Ah jaysis. Is this real if it is. Try meet a friend or 2 and go out for a drink with them. Do not go out alone cruising for women in bars. Youll end up in bother.

Lol, what is bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

2/10 for effort.

There's no women to be found under bridges.

endacl wrote: »
    2/10 for effort.

There's no women to be found under bridges.
    What about jeff bridges?

Is it still considered unconsensual if the woman gropes you, kisses you, and then asks for you to get intimate with her?

I think that's quite different from a man approaching a woman who's had so much that she can't stand up vs one who is making moves on her.

That hasn't happened. If it had, you would have done it already.

Inform yourself, before you do land yourself in trouble.

Ask Consent Campaign

Sex without consent, is rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

OP just go to Coppers and life will make sense

Are you still living at home OP?

Are you still living at home OP?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

More people meet away from pubs and clubs now.
    Thats said should we ever get coppers back, its the best hope for the no hoper...
    Mind you it is not very woke friendly so it will be interesting to see hows its viewed after this break..

Either way get ready for some epic rejection and you'll be grand. Just need to find something that works for you on the chat up front. Just entering a nightclub won't means the ladies will be lining up for you.

Yep
    Well pubs/clubs are out for another few months at least. Why don't you try a dating app for a week and let us know your findings?

Grey Fox wrote: »
    Well pubs/clubs are out for another few months at least. Why don't you try a dating app for a week and let us know your findings?

Be better to be able to meet someone in the pub - no harm a bit of chatting online.

Missed the whole dating app scene but can imagine it would be perfect for all my awful 1 liners.... :D:D:D:D - or maybe it would be my fall, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

And Mr. Feg returns yet again.

What's that, 4 accounts this month alone? You must really miss Boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There is a runner around the place somewhere that is waiting on someone to make a move on her

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Notmything

Is that you Mr fegelein?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Ok don't put a death warrant on me but what is coppers??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

It's a place for culchies to meet like minded culchies. Brown belts and shoes with shirts tucked in. Horrendous ****e hole avoided by anyone with class or sense. RTE staff seem to love the place, which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

There really is no hope when people asking questions on the internet don't even google first.

The first listing I found putting 'coppers' into google was :

http://copperfacejacks.ie/

That's what it is. :)

Ger Roe wrote: »
    There really is no hope when people asking questions on the internet don't even google first.

The first listing I found putting 'coppers' into google was :

http://copperfacejacks.ie/

That's what it is. :)

I've heard Coppers is quite **** compared to other pubs/nightclubs. What about Diceys?

I've heard Coppers is quite **** compared to other pubs/nightclubs. What about Diceys?

Coppers is not comparible to other nightclubs and pubs, thats the first mistake.

It is usually overcrowded, over priced and the music is pants (Backstreet boys still a house favorite) but its the place people go when they are sh1tfaced and having fun.
    Also many go with the mindset of getting off with someone, rather than just lads annoying girls in a bar - which is what it works well for. Woke gets lost on the stairs down..

You'll always find a few poor souls that hate it because their mates told them they should. There is nothing for these peeps, maybe they really just dislike the country folk.

But most people enjoy the craic in there, the laid back approach and the idiocy of the whole place to boot. It's and end of the night dive, usually entered just before balance is lost.

As for other places, most of the spots in dublin are both great and sh1te in their own overpriced way. It's more about the people you go out with rather than the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I honestly thought everyone over the age of 18 in this country had at the very least heard of coppers.

It’s the most famous pub/nite club in the country, and has been since it opened in the 90’s

• Advertisement

Presumably this is mr_fegelien's new alter ego?

Advertisement