Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Skripal Salisbury Spooks

Options
  • 18-04-2021 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

They are now suspected of blowing up a Czech installation 4 years before they nipped into England undetected and got wasted on dope and then smeared Novichok onto a door handle.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Have you any kind of news source of this.

Blowing something up doesnt go un-noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SantaClaw

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56790053

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They are now suspected of blowing up a Czech installation 4 years before they nipped into England undetected and got wasted on dope and then smeared Novichok onto a door handle.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

They are key suspects in the Skripal poisoning with a lot of evidence pointing to them. And now the Czechs have linked them to blast in the Czech Republic in 2014.

The assassination attempt on Skripal is an actual credible conspiracy theory. A state attempting to take out an ex-spy for revealing info and secrets to another country (and leaving a calling card)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They are key suspects in the Skripal poisoning with a lot of evidence pointing to them. And now the Czechs have linked them to blast in the Czech Republic in 2014.

The assassination attempt on Skripal is an actual credible conspiracy theory. A state attempting to take out an ex-spy for revealing info and secrets to another country (and leaving a calling card)

:pac::pac:

Poor Navalny is now losing weight too and his treatment is "appalling". He must be saved.

I thought that if you exposed governmental malfeasance then you were fair game to be banged up and tortured.

Leaving a calling card :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It’s an old method of letting people know that it was you without coming out and saying it. Many murderers did it in the past. Maybe you’ll understand it from Home Alone where the burglars left the taps running in every house they broke into.

I thought that if you exposed governmental malfeasance then you were fair game to be banged up and tortured.

Torture is not acceptable to most people these days. It says a lot about someone who thinks it’s ok!

Yup, using Polonium 210 or Novichok leaves no one with any doubts - it also sends a clear message

:pac::pac:

Poor Navalny is now losing weight too and his treatment is "appalling". He must be saved.

Navalny is an opposition politician in Russia, it's a highly dangerous job

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Blowing something up doesnt go un-noticed.

You're so right Ted.

The Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six will back you up on that one.

• Advertisement

Navalny is an opposition politician in Russia, it's a highly dangerous job

But don't you think that if you are classified as an enemy of the state then you should be tortured and possibly killed?

But don't you think that if you are classified as an enemy of the state then you should be tortured and possibly killed?

No. Normal people don’t think like that.

Yup, using Polonium 210 or Novichok leaves no one with any doubts - it also sends a clear message

And what message is that, exactly?

I've asked you some questions.

The first:

(a) if somebody threatens the status quo or the State, is it wrong for them to be detained, and tortured and possibly killed?

(a, ii)

If it is not wrong then who decides?

(b) If it is acceptable to torture and kill a person who threatens the government of country A then does country B have a moral obligation to express disapproval and furthermore take retaliatory action even if the victim is not a citizen of country B?

So plase tell me...it is always wrong to persecute someone who speaks out against a government, am I correct?

In conclusion, ought Russia have demanded that Skripal be returned to Moscow to face a trial for whatever crimes he may have committed?

And what message is that, exactly?

That they were assassinated by the GRU.
    (a) if somebody threatens the status quo or the State, is it wrong for them to be detained, and tortured and possibly killed?

Need to provide the context. Navalny was targeted purely because he was an opposition politician.
    In conclusion, ought Russia have demanded that Skripal be returned to Moscow to face a trial for whatever crimes he may have committed?

Possibly, but a fair trial, which he wouldn't have received.

100% this is a pretext to a rant about Guantanamo. No one should be tortured.

You're always asking for proof, evidence yet look at the stories you hang your faith on. And FAITH being the operative word.

It's always a case of "linked to" or "strong evidence" or as Theresa May came out and said "most likely", yet the one thing that is always missing is PROOF.

So you see, all this talk is just that..talk but it works, because idiots, when they hear the words "overwhelming suspicion" or "highly possible" or "almost undeniable" then they just take that as a tacit underpinning of fact.

It's funny but in a sense it's also a little bit sad.

I could say anything about you and use these nonsensical terms and all it would be would be propaganda but nothing that I have said would give you grounds to challenge my assertions because I haven't made any.

I could come out and say "Experts now believe with near 99% certainty that Dohjnoe is half man, half mermaid and our experts believe that he almost certainly killed Jesus, but there are detractors who vehemently deny Dohnjoe's involvement in the sinking of the Titanic despite strong evidence to the contrary"

Nothing therein is a lie. Nothing. It's allusion and ILLUSION.

So it is no more believable than 2 Russians are thought to have poisoned a retired spook a few years after they are "suspected" of blowing up a Czech warehouse.

But I understand. You want, dearly to believe this crap and will do anything to try and make it make sense. Except a child wouldn't fall for this charade. But I suppose if an adult can refuse to believe that he was conned into looking at an invisible cloak whereas a child wasn't then I understand your reluctance to admit your gullibility.

You're always asking for proof, evidence yet look at the stories you hang your faith on. And FAITH being the operative word.

It's always a case of "linked to" or "strong evidence" or as Theresa May came out and said "most likely", yet the one thing that is always missing is PROOF.

So you see, all this talk is just that..talk but it works, because idiots, when they hear the words "overwhelming suspicion" or "highly possible" or "almost undeniable" then they just take that as a tacit underpinning of fact.

I could say anything about you and use these nonsensical terms and all it would be would be propaganda but nothing that I have said would give you grounds to challenge my assertions because I haven't made any.

I could come out and say "Experts now believe with near 99% certainty that Dohjnoe is half man, half mermaid and our experts believe that he almost certainly killed Jesus, but there are detractors who vehemently deny Dohnjoe's involvement in the sinking of the Titanic despite strong evidence to the contrary"

So it is no more believable than 2 Russians are thought to have poisoned a retired spook a few years after they are "suspected" of blowing up a Czech warehouse.

But I understand. You want, dearly to believe this crap and will do anything to try and make it make sense. Except a child wouldn't fall for this charade. But I suppose if an adult can refuse to believe that he was conned into looking at an invisible cloak whereas a child wasn't then I understand your reluctance to admit your gullibility.

Incomprehensible babble.

Back to the subject, I believe the Kremlin conspired to poison Skripal with Novichok, as in a real conspiracy theory. If you have any (coherent) questions on it, feel free to ask.

Incomprehensible babble.

Back to the subject, I believe the Kremlin conspired to poison Skripal with Novichok, as in a real conspiracy theory. If you have any (coherent) questions on it, feel free to ask.

More incoherent babble too. You see two can play at that game.

You are now attempting to differentiate between "real" conspiracy theories as opposed to "unreal" conspiracy theories? In many posts you lambaste anyone as a conspiracy theorist yet you are now talking of "real" conspiracy theories?. Tripping over yourself, just a little, wouldn't you say?

And I believe that the Kremlin didn't conspire. You believe they did. I believe that evidence should be brought to light whereas you are of the opinion that it should be destroyed and then let doubt reign.

How deadly is this mythical Novichok? How potent is it supposed to be?

And I believe that the Kremlin didn't conspire.

Okay, what happened to Sergei and Yulia then? and Dawn Sturgess?

I strongly suspect you know next to nothing about the incident but have made your mind up to be contrarian about it due to some axe you have to grind here, but hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the 10th time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You'd need to start by providing details from your mermaid/ man experts and how they came to their conclusions, details on how the death of Jesus happened and of them being in the vicinity at the time, details in the age of them seeing as the Jesus character is thought to have lived 2000 odd years ago and details on their ability to control icebergs and the strong evidence around the ice berg having been behaving oddly at the time.

Saying you've got experts and strong evidence isn't the same as either actually existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

There is no debate with these lads. One will say everything is incoherent babble other one will try to tell you you said something what he think you said and try to bait you with whatever silly ideas come from his mind. Like he literally say he think you meant this and then he start claiming you did say it... And when you point that you never said what actually came from his mind he usually ends up with "Why do you not answer my question?" followed with more nonsense.

• Advertisement

patnor1011 wrote: »
    There is no debate with these lads. One will say everything is incoherent babble other one will try to tell you you said something what he think you said and try to bait you with whatever silly ideas come from his mind. Like he literally say he think you meant this and then he start claiming you did say it... And when you point that you never said what actually came from his mind he usually ends up with "Why do you not answer my question?" followed with more nonsense.

There's no proper debate with irrational views.

You'll see the same trend repeat in almost every thread, whether it's about chemtrails, 911, "the space program is fake", Covid conspiracies, whatever

Back to the subject, no one has offered any plausible alternative explanation. Ironically, this is a conspiracy I support.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When all the evidence points towards a state involved in a conspiracy to murder the conspiracy theorists end up being the ones rejecting the conspiracy!?!?

There is all the spy's with top secret chemicals, crazy alibis about cathedral spires and tourist trips, and anything else you'd normally see linked to other conspiracy theories, but this time with actual evidence, and yet they don't want to know so try to invent something else.

It seems like a lot of conspiracy are terrified of communism being implemented via a great reset, yet they are pro-Russia who’s leader is rolling back on freedoms. Very odd altogether.

I’d be on board with this conspiracy too. The evidence is pointing at Russia.

Torture is not acceptable to most people these days. It says a lot about someone who thinks it’s ok!

So how do you feel about Bradley Manning being tortured? Exposed war crimes and was then subjected to incarceration and torture.

If it's bad for a Russian to be tortured for resisting or speaking out, is it also bad for an American to do the same?

Assange has committed no crimes but is being tortured. Snowden had to flee to Russia to escape torture. They even had fighterjets force down a plane over France to try and get him and probably stick him in a dungeon somewhere until he died.

So my question is this......if you speak out against the STATE should you or should you not be captured, tortured and killed?

I strongly suspect you know next to nothing about the incident but have made your mind up to be contrarian about it due to some axe you have to grind here, but hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the 10th time.

And I strongly suspect you know even less than I do about the incident.

Our two Russian ethereal bogey-men are now once again gone. Not a shred of evidence about their involvement in anything. Nothing.

Kind of begs the question. Do you really believe this fairytale or do you just want to try and sell it.? Because it gets more laughable by the day.

robinph wrote: »
    You'd need to start by providing details from your mermaid/ man experts and how they came to their conclusions, details on how the death of Jesus happened and of them being in the vicinity at the time, details in the age of them seeing as the Jesus character is thought to have lived 2000 odd years ago and details on their ability to control icebergs and the strong evidence around the ice berg having been behaving oddly at the time.

Saying you've got experts and strong evidence isn't the same as either actually existing.

I didn't make any of your aforementioned claims. I simply stated that I could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And I strongly suspect you know even less than I do about the incident.

Our two Russian ethereal bogey-men are now once again gone. Not a shred of evidence about their involvement in anything. Nothing.

Kind of begs the question. Do you really believe this fairytale or do you just want to try and sell it.? Because it gets more laughable by the day.
    And yet again, a direct question is dodged because you can't answer it.

You're trying to deflect.

Or paint me into a corner. And you'll trot out the "incredulity" argument again. You'll say that just because "I DON'T BELIEVE IT" doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Well, just because YOU believe it doesn't mean it DID happen. A laughable fairytale about two Russians who smoked a load of weed and left the most deadly (apparently) remnants in their hotel room, then went to Salisbury and smeared this crap on a door handle. It was then determined to be the most highly proofed poison EVER yet it was still exposed to bacteria and the elements. So toxic that they had to demolish the house but all other neighbours' houses were grand. The two victims of this assassination were found by the chief medical officer of the British Army, The victims have NEVER been spoken to.....Oh and the two clumsy perpetrators who could have just put a bullet in Skripla's head if that was the endgame, are now also part and parcel of an explosion in Tschecia.

Stay real, dude.:pac:

I didn't make any of your aforementioned claims. I simply stated that I could have.

In case you'd forgotten, although it was quoted in the post you were responding to so not sure how you missed it... You proposed the following...

I just set out what evidence you'd need to provide in the event of you mermaid claims actually being made. Never said anything about if you'd actually made those claims, just giving you some pointers in how you'd need to support your potential theories.

• Advertisement

The two suspects filmed on CCTV in Salisbury that day, who Putin claimed were just "civilians", turned out to be GRU agents, can you explain what happened there?

If you claim it's a "fairytale", then what happened to Sergei, Yulia, the policeman and Dawn Sturgess?

Advertisement