Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    We'll worry about that when it happens. So form online is automatically sorted by the live update?

It is indeed! So you should pick Huddersfield or Watford I think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Koolhanger wrote: »
    A man after my own heart, az1234 :)

I only really play Online Divisions but I won't use the top teams.

I still use good teams like Dortmund, Liverpool, Napoli etc but it's way more interesting. I had one spell where I couldn't be beaten with Southampton! But then I was :(

Yeah and the further up the divisions you go the more you can't use the top sides anyway, forces a bit of experimentation which is good.

Plus 1 for the worst placed teams this time getting the 1st pick next time. Fair is fair like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Koolhanger wrote: »
    A man after my own heart, az1234 :)

I only really play Online Divisions but I won't use the top teams.

I still use good teams like Dortmund, Liverpool, Napoli etc but it's way more interesting. I had one spell where I couldn't be beaten with Southampton! But then I was :(

I'm a bit like that as well. I still remember the good old days of PES6 where I used to love playing online with Fulham. I'm not even a fan or anything but I ws just so solid with them. I'm sure I beat Inter a few times with them. Steed Malbranque, Claus Jenson, and of course the beast that was Papa Boupa Diop who I had sitting in front of the back four. Boa Morte on the wing, with Radzinski up front.

Ah, what a team! :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm a bit like that as well. I still remember the good old days of PES6 where I used to love playing online with Fulham. I'm not even a fan or anything but I ws just so solid with them. I'm sure I beat Inter a few times with them. Steed Malbranque, Claus Jenson, and of course the beast that was Papa Boupa Diop who I had sitting in front of the back four. Boa Morte on the wing, with Radzinski up front.

Ah, what a team! :)

No Louis Saha or was that before his time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    No Louis Saha or was that before his time?

After his time. He moved to Utd in 2004. :)

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    After his time. He moved to Utd in 2004. :)

13 years ago...... I feel old now, and I'm not even 30 yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I like picking the lower star teams but it was a nightmare last year that no matter who you picked you'd come up against a Madrid or a Barcelona. I even had the joy of playing PSG with a 1.5 star team. Sometimes it was fun to play against the big teams with the likes or crystal palace and so on but not all the time. I might be wrong here but I'm fairly sure there was no restrictive settings in the online divisions.

I like picking the lower star teams but it was a nightmare last year that no matter who you picked you'd come up against a Madrid or a Barcelona. I even had the joy of playing PSG with a 1.5 star team. Sometimes it was fun to play against the big teams with the likes or crystal palace and so on but not all the time. I might be wrong here but I'm fairly sure there was no restrictive settings in the online divisions.

Ya i love picking smaller teams but as you said, you never come up against similar teams. They were supposed to put in restrictions for the types of teams you play but I can't see it in matchmaking settings anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, seeing Barca and Madrid constantly makes you lose all interest online. That's another reason this league should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Outside of the league, feel free to add me for any friendly games. Good to see some people opt for non-superstar teams. Am always up for some star restricted games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Get better games with lower stars I think also!

Look forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Colemania, can you stick me down for RB Leipzig for the league?

az1234 wrote: »
    Colemania, can you stick me down for RB Leipzig for the league?

No......

I was going to pick them!!!! :( :pac:

They're very good in this game so good pick.....you b*stard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Colemania wrote: »
    No......

I was going to pick them!!!! :( :pac:

They're very good in this game so good pick.....you b*stard :D
    Sorry I thought I was picking someone a bit obscure that no-one would go for! I can switch if you want them though, I don't mind?

Boards League

Pick | Boards | PSN | Team
    1. | az1234 | az1234 | RB Leipzig
    2. | Cienciano | meath77 |
    3. | IncognitoMan | DuffyTJ |
    4. | Exclamation Marc | ManufacturedHero |
    5. | brianregan09 | brianregan09 |
    6. | Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91 |
    7. | Wilberto | Wilberto99 |
    8. | Walter.White | DamoK21 |
    9. | Luckycharms_74 | nslattery |
    10. | Colemania | Colemaniser |
    11. | Koolhanger | Bijilf |
    12. | harpstilidie | danharps |
    13. | KennyG192 | KENNETH192 |
    14. | Ivefoundgod | Ivefoundgod87 |
    15. | ziggyman17 | BAZ171075 |
    16. | Das89 | Das89z |

Sorry I thought I was picking someone a bit obscure that no-one would go for! I can switch if you want them though, I don't mind?

Haha don't worry about it, that's the joys of the random draw! I'll have to go a bit more obscure now and worst case scenario, I'll end up picking a decent 4.5 star team

No rush with your picks by the way lads. The picks won't officially start until Monday but if the next few lads in line are 100% certain on their pick, let me know and I'll update the list

Are we doing Clubs and national teams or just Clubs?

Are we doing Clubs and national teams or just Clubs?

Just clubs for now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

I'm happy with random team mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I had them as my pick as well! :P:P

****, back to the drawing board for me.

RB Leipzig? Am I missing something here?

Ok, sorry United fans, I'm picking Man Red. Was 50 50 with them and psg, think uniteds bench suits me better.

I'll happily go with PSG so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

So after trying to get a game of co op going with a few boardsies without success it turns out that PES online is region locked making my US PSN copy completely useless for online as I can only play against Americans. So I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to play the league. I'm fairly pissed off as you can imagine as FIFA and Battlefield and nearly every other game I've bought off US PSN as been trouble free, if I'd known it was region locked I'd have just bought EU version. Anyway best of luck with the league, if I see PES going cheap nearer Christmas might pick it up and join ye then.

That is poxy, just did a search on it and supposedly pes is always regional locked because of licences in different regions.

I just got my ass handed to me playing as psg by some playing as PAOK!

Unfortunately Ivefoundgod has had to pull out due to Konami bullsh*t so his place has been taken by AidoEirE

Boards League

Pick | Boards | PSN | Team
    1. | az1234 | az1234 | RB Leipzig
    2. | Cienciano | meath77 | Manchester United
    3. | IncognitoMan | DuffyTJ | PSG
    4. | Exclamation Marc | ManufacturedHero |
    5. | brianregan09 | brianregan09 |
    6. | Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91 |
    7. | Wilberto | Wilberto99 |
    8. | Walter.White | DamoK21 |
    9. | Luckycharms_74 | nslattery |
    10. | Colemania | Colemaniser |
    11. | Koolhanger | Bijilf |
    12. | harpstilidie | danharps |
    13. | KennyG192 | KENNETH192 |
    14. | ziggyman17 | BAZ171075 |
    15. | Das89 | Das89z |
    16. | AidoEirE | Aidz-Eire- |

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Cienciano wrote: »
    That is poxy, just did a search on it and supposedly pes is always regional locked because of licences in different regions.

I just got my ass handed to me playing as psg by some playing as PAOK!

Yeah couldn't figure it out for ages and then just googled PES region locked and there it was. Can't understand how FIFA isn't considering all the licenses they have but PES (which has feck all licensed teams) does. I bought PES 2017 on Irish PSN store so never realised it was a potential problem. Anyway good league with the league lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So after trying to get a game of co op going with a few boardsies without success it turns out that PES online is region locked making my US PSN copy completely useless for online as I can only play against Americans. So I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to play the league. I'm fairly pissed off as you can imagine as FIFA and Battlefield and nearly every other game I've bought off US PSN as been trouble free, if I'd known it was region locked I'd have just bought EU version. Anyway best of luck with the league, if I see PES going cheap nearer Christmas might pick it up and join ye then.

I'll try and do you proud man, not the way i would of liked to get in on the league but hopefully get the job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'll take Man City

Advertisement