Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Injuries having a massive effect on the playoffs. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This game is slipping from Brooklyn fast. If they don’t cop on quickly it’ll be 2-2 and who knows when/if Kyrie is back in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

"KD can't win with these cats"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The injuries are unfortunate, but if KD is the guy so many commentators proclaim he is, then he has to find a way.

Those who get put in the GOAT discussion have to at some point.

Kevin Durant will only ever be the best man.

He doesn't have it upstairs to be the groom.

• Advertisement

Mark Jackson parodying himself there talking about how if we was the the Bucks crowd he would give the starters a standing ovation as they check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Injuries leveling the playing field to a certain extent, KD and the Nets should still have enough to produce wins with or with out Harden and Kyrie.

It’s a cliche but injuries happen, Warriors we’re on their way to 3 in a row before injuries, it happens and it’s part are parcel of the game.

SlickRic wrote: »
    The injuries are unfortunate, but if KD is the guy so many commentators proclaim he is, then he has to find a way.

Those who get put in the GOAT discussion have to at some point.

Meh, no Harden / Irving. A team doesn't function in that scenario. LeBron did it in 2018 but that was way beyond expectations. The Nets losing from here doesn't change my opinions of KD.

Amazing to see the Suns reach the conference finals after their struggles through the years, well deserved, some great fans there.
    Love him or hate him, CP3 is unbelievable, he has turned this team into genuine contenders, to play at that level in his position at his age is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

so the Bucks are not wrote off yet ?

• Advertisement

Brook Lopez was a joy to watch on D last night. His movement and positioning was immaculate.

That Jokic ejection was one of the softest I’ve ever seen. And in an elimination game? Terrible call. Let me put it this way, I don’t think LeBron would have been ejected for that play in the same circumstances.

Fair play to Phoenix though, they got the job done with minimal effort.

Just watched Tim Legler do the post game on the Denver Suns game. It never ceases to amaze me that you have an articulate, intelligent ex-player who breaks down the game right brilliantly doing minimal main schedule work and then muppets like Perkins and Jackson seemingly never off the tv.

I wonder what Van Gundy really thinks of Jackson?

Watched Legler again post-game this morning, he was excellent. It really is a disgrace that for whatever trying to be woke and inclusive reasons that exist we have muppets like Perkins and Jackson involved in game analysis. And please don’t even go there accusing me of some sort of racism - please don’t. It’s nothing to do with that. The Barkley, Smith, Shaq, and EJ combo is 75% African American but it works brilliantly because each of the players are very sharp analysts even allowing for the fun and games.

Mark Jackson is an embarrassment. Perkins is the worst ex-player analyst of NBA basketball I’ve ever seen.

Fair play to the Suns, a very easy path given the injuries the Lakers and Denver were dealing with but you can only beat what's put infront of you.

Only injury I update I can find on Kyrie is there’s no break. That was a very bad roll though. Assuming it’s just strained ligaments or a bad sprain he could be back for game 6. If he plays in game 5 he won’t be near 100% and likely to reinjure. Worst case is he’s done for this series.

I’m not saying it was dirty or deliberate by Giannis, but I would ask what he was going moving into Kyrie’s landing space so late like that? He wasn’t contesting the shot. I believe it was clumsy, but I also believe it could have and should have been avoided.

It looked like natural motion from Giannis, he arrived too late to contest but it was all fair. A little reckless perhaps but not dirty for me. Saw someone liken to it to Zaza and Kawhi but that's way off. Lads like Giannis and KD have canoes for feet, must be hard enough not to be clumsy moving around. Just unfortunate.

It's the sort of injury that will take a long enough while to heal fully if it is as bad as it looked.

Speaking of injuries, Chris Paul has been at a different level since he got over the shoulder tweak. He'll never get a better chance at a ring than now.

Not surprisingly Kyrie is definitely out of Game 5.

I see a bit of noise about Giannis undercutting him but (as I said previously) while I think it was avoidable I don’t think it was deliberate.

Trae Young with 25 points and 18 assists.

I've given up on my 76ers bet to win the championship. They just don't have it.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Atlanta knock them out.

Young has been incredible
    Bogdanovic having a quietly impressive series too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Three of the four tied at 2-2 now. Couldn't call who'll make the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

eagle eye wrote: »
    Three of the four tied at 2-2 now. Couldn't call who'll make the next round.

First time in 10 years we won't have LeBron or Curry in the Finals and it's a breath of fresh air, IMO.

Really enjoying it.

Just catching up on last night's games, man that Kawhi dunk was something else, such a clean poster. His post game interview was fantastic too.

Nets playing like sh*t. They’re in serious trouble here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

KD performance for the ages, unbelievable.

Bucks head coach position needs serious consideration.

KD, wow, I think I said on here he still had it in him to do this but to be honest I was still a little skeptical because of the injury, legit performance
    Bucks can still win this if they don’t panic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sensational performance from KD, any other night you'd be raving about how well Giannis played.

Green had a huge night too making up for Harden going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Didn't think KD had that in him. How wrong I was. Absolutely sensational.

At the same time, the Bucks should be ashamed.

Nets playing like sh*t. They’re in serious trouble here.

When I left the game midway through the 3rd, the Nets were down 16.
    That’s some turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

went to sleep at half time, they were down something similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Avoided the result and watched at all back this morning. Insane performance from KD. One of, if not the best playoff game I've seen in the last 10 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement