Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I heard a rumour that if we all want it and ask really nicely, Necro might give us the next round reveal tonight too...

giphy.gif

EDIT: Damn he beat me to it... I had heard the rumour from Necro, obvs... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm game :)

Will take the doggo out for a quick walkies but expect good things when I return :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Necro wrote: »
    Lookit I'm free this evening and if there is appetite I have Round 2 ready to go?

Up to you folks though.
    tenor.gif?itemid=9584505

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Let's do this sh1t then.

2 Round Premiere Show as was mentioned to me... I like the sound of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This category was all about the air guitar and rocking with your co… erm sorry this is a family show. Anyways here are a few ditties I was thinking about in particular for this round:

So let’s get cracking shall we? Same format as before – 19th to 4th and keep the top/bottom 6 in some suspense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Might be a few looking for a bit TLC Necro, not Palace fans obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tenor.gif?itemid=9104858

Kolido wrote: »
    Might be a few looking for a bit TLC Necro, not Palace fans obviously :D
    No need for that :pac:

So... the last round I said I loved every song, which was pretty much true.

Once again the quality here was off the chain. There were a few I couldn’t really get into even remotely though if I’m honest.

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47mtl8gw8vd4981ikcyvyiaihohtlzmf03n0vv4yff&rid=200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Need something to cheer me up after watching that dreadful football match, as do a few others I imagine. This should be a great round with some good old rock tunes

• Advertisement

In 19th place with 4 points…
    Sawduck

Foreigner - Jukebox Hero

Yeah this just wasn’t my cup of tea unfortunately. I’m familiar with I Wanna Know What Love Is, which is grand on occasion but I’ve never been blown away by Foreigner tbh. Sorry
    Sawduck.

Sawduck wrote: »
    Need something to cheer me up after watching that dreadful football match, as do a few others I imagine. This should be a great round with some good old rock tunes

The timing of that post

:o

In 18th place – with 5 points….

The purple tin
    Dead Kennedys: California Uber Alles

I didn’t dislike this song, it just never clicked with me. On paper it’s a great choice. The chorus gets on my nerves something fierce though.

In 17th place with 6 points…
    Green&Red

Kings of Leon - Taper Jean Girl

I’ve a love/hate relationship with Kings of Leon. Their more popular stuff while I enjoy it is overplayed to infinity. Though Use Somebody would have done really well here. This unfortunately just didn’t fit what I was looking for in terms of the category.

In 16th Place with 7 points:
    JP Liz V1

Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues

Hahaha, I do like this one but again it just doesn’t fit what I was thinking of for this category. Yep, I am a cruel mistress this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

The timing of that post

:o

I'm gonna go have a little cry now

In 15th place, with 8 points:
    S1ippy

Mansun - Rock And Roll Loser

The opening to this is very Cigarettes & Alcohol-esque. Definitely what I had in mind, the singer’s voice though. Whiny doesn’t even quite aptly describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

13 points!

Don't mind if I do.

I have no confidence in this walrus tbh ahahha

In 14th Place with 9 points:
    Kolido
    Firehouse - All She Wrote

Another song that started up near the top but on relistens started sliding downwards. I think here is about right for it, very good choice.

In 13th place with 10 points…
    Tusk

The Eagles - Victim of Love

I’m sensing a trend in these entries that I can’t put my finger on yet :P This is a really good song, I enjoy it a lot. But the competition in the upper echelon is rather fierce and so we end up here with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'll take it...

In 12th place with 11 points
    fixXxer

80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Celebrate Your Mother

This is daycent, really grimy feel to it which I like. Good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In 18th place – with 5 points….

The purple tin
    Dead Kennedys: California Uber Alles

I didn’t dislike this song, it just never clicked with me. On paper it’s a great choice. The chorus gets on my nerves something fierce though.

Love the song, great pick. Should have picked Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon for the country round!

In 11th place with 12 points:
    ShaneU
    Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town

Man I was sure this was going to be near the top of the pile as it’s a song I absolutely love. But I think I’m just so familiar with it that it slid down into the middle of the pack. Still a great pick.

In 10th place with 13 points:

Gru
    Bon Jovi - Livin' on a prayer

Another ‘cheat code’ song for this round really. You cannot go wrong with Livin’ On A Prayer, I’ll always stop what I’m doing and jump on my coffee table for that chorus. Over-familiarity costs it a few places though – this actually won a category in the previous Walrus I hosted.

In 9th Place with 14 points:
    JohnGreenFan

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Ah here, stop the lights lads – the quality tunes are coming from everywhere now! It’s another belter and perfect for this category. A romper stomper of a song and one I’ve absolutely rocked out to on many occasions. But, like Livin On A Prayer before it, over familiarity cost it a few places in the end for new shiny things :P

Last three songs should be top three

I demand a recount! :pac:

In 8th Place with 15 points:
    Clarabel

Little Monster - Royal Blood

Hmmm… Monster, Little Monster – did someone’s Spotify get stuck on a playlist :pac: Anyways it makes no difference – the chorus of this is epic and that bass line…. Oh yeah my air guitar fingers are twitching already.

In 7th Place with 16 Points:
    Rikand

Eddie Money : Two Tickets to Paradise

Haha, an oldie and a classic. Top top choice
    Rikand.
    I’ve spent the last few days belting out the chorus at random intervals so for that alone it’s worth it’s slot here.

• Advertisement

In 6th Place with 17 points:
    Reberetta
    Girl Trouble - My Hometown

This is classic rock and roll and it’s just brilliant fun. Very enjoyable and a great entry.

Advertisement