Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Here's one,

The guy is a programmer, lifes in a block apartment, works out of his home, and gets empty packages delivered to him from time to time, most of the movie is filmed in the building.

Should be around 1997-2000s

Paranoia 1.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

OutlawPete wrote: »

Yes Sir! Thank You! :)

Kinda funny, when I was looking(searching by years and genre) for it, in toptenreviews.com, I actually opened a tab with that movie but didn't recognize the title or the picture, so closed it... duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just thought of one as reading this thread.

Some woman, think a famous enough access, lives with her husband. I think she might take care of somebody disabled or deaf or something. Then someone dies so she heads off in the car with someone else and learns that there is a Springfield in every state in America so decides to visit all of them. The person she is with dies so she dumps him out of the car along the way....

budgemook wrote: »
    Just thought of one as reading this thread.

Some woman, think a famous enough access, lives with her husband. I think she might take care of somebody disabled or deaf or something. Then someone dies so she heads off in the car with someone else and learns that there is a Springfield in every state in America so decides to visit all of them. The person she is with dies so she dumps him out of the car along the way....

In Reckless, Mia Farrow decides to visit every Springfield in the USA.

http://www.videodetective.com/movie_trailer/RECKLESS/movie_clip/P00006185.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

In Reckless, Mia Farrow decides to visit every Springfield in the USA.

http://www.videodetective.com/movie_trailer/RECKLESS/movie_clip/P00006185.htm

that's the one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clivan

Looking for an old film here, one with one of the regular tough guys, stallone or vandamme. It started where he was alone living in some mountain region, a retired military man or cop, who gets a visit from someone looking for him to do one more job. Any ideas ? -the scene area looked like the Rockies, he had a small cabin and was splitting logs with an axe...someone must remember it too....

clivan wrote: »
    Looking for an old film here, one with one of the regular tough guys, stallone or vandamme. It started where he was alone living in some mountain region, a retired military man or cop, who gets a visit from someone looking for him to do one more job. Any ideas ? -the scene area looked like the Rockies, he had a small cabin and was splitting logs with an axe...someone must remember it too....

Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sounds like Commando. Brimfull with classic Arnie one-liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

don't they all start that way :pac:

Feu wrote: »
    don't they all start that way :pac:

You could have a point :p

Midnight Run was one of the best.

Others:

http://www.movieretriever.com/videohound_lists/91075/One-Last-Job

http://movies.amctv.com/movie-guide/top-ten-one-last-job-flicks.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sounds like Commando, but could also be this old flick?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119660/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Sounds like Cliffhanger to me....

In Cliffhanger, Sylvester Stallone plays Gabe Walker, a member of a mountain-climbing rescue team.
    Gabe is haunted by an incident from his past when he couldn't save the girlfriend of his best friend, Hal Tucker (Michael Rooker), from falling to her death. As the story begins, Gabe has left mountain-climbing rescue work and has set up business in Denver. He returns to the mountain rescue office to persuade his lover, Jessie (Janine Turner), to quit and come back to Denver with him. While he is begging Jessie to head out to Denver, things are happening in the skies overhead. A gang of professional crooks headed by psychotic Eric Qualen (John Lithgow) has hijacked a U.S. Treasury plane carrying millions of dollars. But the plane crashes, and the bad guys find themselves stranded on top of a mountain with the money (put into three cases) scattered around the wreckage and with no way to get down off the pinnacle to retrieve the cases. They put in a phony distress call that is received by the mountain rescue team. Gabe agrees to take part in one last rescue attempt, and they head up to help rescue the thieves. But Qualen has plans for the rescuers -- to force them to climb through the dangerous snow-covered peaks to find the three suitcases of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Lads, come on! I saw this in my email and didn't bother answering cause I thought it was way too easy and someone would get in before me, but I'm seeing all sorts of wrong answers, admittedly I didn't ask the question but it can only be Commando!

Here's the intro you're probably thinking of (correction, you are thinking of ;))

Check out the zoom in on his bicep, the ice cream to his face (it looks like she's taking care of her down syndrome dad a little bit), and the feeding of the deer! God he's so damn sensitive and one helluva father!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7lOjECPlQ

"I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clivan

Yes yee are right once again, Commando it was. I had remembered it slightly different, i.e. him living alone and in a bit "rougher" environment...but I had a look at the youtube intro to Commando and it brings back the memories. Cheers to all... off to watch Arnie De Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hope somebody can help me!

I seen an advert for a foreign film bout 3-4 years but i never caught the name! damn,

Anyway in the advert there was a group of men in a room each had guns pointed at each others heads, i'm not sure if it was some sort of russian roulette type game, but the lights in the room the go out and theres either loads of shots fired, or theres loads of triggers pulled but only one shot fired, sorry i cant particularly remember,

so can anyway help me out? please and thanks!

No, i'm pretty sure it was a foreign movie, and there was more 15-20 guys in a small room.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Could probably be City on Fire

Which Tarintino ripped off.

Horgan wrote: »
    No, i'm pretty sure it was a foreign movie, and there was more 15-20 guys in a small room.

City on Fire?

No :(

it would of been produced post 2005 as i seen it advertised on a dvd a couple of years back,

that looks good thou

I think the room was kind of Dark red, if that helps at all

• Advertisement

Sounds a little like the superb Johnnie To film Exiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Reminds me of a scene from Juan Carlos Fersnadillo's Intacto

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220580/

Goldstein wrote: »
    Reminds me of a scene from Juan Carlos Fersnadillo's Intacto

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220580/

That was the first film which crossed my mind but the poster said it was made after 2005.

no and no! :(

but looking at that ad for "intacto" the guys might of had blindfolds on them in the room too!

Thats it!

how did you find it!?

my description was a little off!,

thank you lots and lots

Thats it!

how did you find it!?

my description was a little off!,

thank you lots and lots

I was just going through my DVDs looking for something to watch and when I saw it on the shelf I remembered the scene in question.

So is it worth a watch?

So is it worth a watch?

It's an excellent film, well worth your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bricktopper

American film, crashed US bomber in desert, all crew are dead and are ghosts around the crashed plane. Rescue \ investigation team comes to excavate, as each body is found ghost disappears until there is only one left. I remember a scene where the ghosts saw a helicoptor for the first time.

Advertisement