Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Share your photos or videos!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

jack01986 wrote: »
    Cheers Paul, hopefully will have some better ones for after Christmas. Serious amount of snow forecast for the next week in the French Alps.

What camera did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

Rew wrote: »
    What camera did you use?

I used a GoPro HD hero on a chesty mount. Have to find some other ways of mounting it, thinking of some overhead shots.

I used a GoPro HD hero on a chesty mount. Have to find some other ways of mounting it, thinking of some overhead shots.

Is it damaged? Seems to be something on the left of both videos.

Have a look at my youtube channel might give you some ideas. I tried a few diff mounts last ski trip. Head facing forward, head facing back at my face, ski boot facing forward, ski pole out in front looking back and ski pole over shoulder looking forward.

Have a look at my youtube channel might give you some ideas. I tried a few diff mounts last ski trip. Head facing forward, head facing back at my face, ski boot facing forward, ski pole out in front looking back and ski pole over shoulder looking forward.

Cheers man I'll have a look at your channel. Its not broken there is a replacement lens on it thats flat which can show the surround of the frame (the flat lens is better underwater). I couldnt find the round lens before I went away. I found it so should be a clearer picture after xmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I thought it was a fisheye'ish lens that you had on there. I do like the backwards facing video you got, that is good.

Ahh right, there releasing a new casing in Feb with a flat underwater lens. I stuck one in my brothers fish tank the other day and was completely blurred and unusable, flat def a must. Have you you any under water stuff up on youtube, must take a look.

There is a few videos up there on my channel of some trout fishing, nothing to special its difficult enough with a rod in one hand and playing a fish while filming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

That chest mount works really well Jack. I have a HD2 coming in the next few days and had discounted getting a chest mount as I thought it would end up pointed at the ground when skiing. I really like the backward facing movie, but my only problem is I'm normally at the back of our ski group:o

Can you adjust the height of the camera on your chest?

That chest mount works really well Jack. I have a HD2 coming in the next few days and had discounted getting a chest mount as I thought it would end up pointed at the ground when skiing. I really like the backward facing movie, but my only problem is I'm normally at the back of our ski group:o

Its probably one of the better mounts for Skiing with as it doesn't move around as much like it would on your he.ad. Its not to adjustable but you can move the angle of the camera. If you tighten the harness it will lift it a bit higher on your chest

• Advertisement

Its like a bra for lack of a better description. Its adjustable on the shoulders and the bit that goes around your chest. so you can change the hight a bit but not alot. Reason it works well for sking is you get the skis and poles into the shot with the head mount you dont get any of that.

We were playing around with the idea of wearing the head mount as a g-string (I know sounds bizarre) to get waist level shots front and back. Its not much use for anything else anyway.

We were playing around with the idea of wearing the head mount as a g-string (I know sounds bizarre) to get waist level shots front and back. Its not much use for anything else anyway.

That could be painful if you take an awkward fall!:D

Back in the trees again, slowly building up a collection of videos for a longer video. Crazy amounts of snow here at the moment as well as more on the way tomorrow up to 80cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

This is one from a friend of mine, a good reminder to buy a helmet or rent one:

EEP! Gives me the heebie-jeebies. Poor fella - is he ok now?

olaola wrote: »
    This is one from a friend of mine, a good reminder to buy a helmet or rent one:

EEP! Gives me the heebie-jeebies. Poor fella - is he ok now?

Yeah he's grand he went skiing with me in France 2 weeks later and we are off to Austria in 2 weeks. My fiancée is a bit worried he's gonna get me killed though but we are within nine healing time of the wedding :-D

Yeah he's grand he went skiing with me in France 2 weeks later and we are off to Austria in 2 weeks. My fiancée is a bit worried he's gonna get me killed though but we are within nine healing time of the wedding :-D

Was he on blades?

• Advertisement

olaola wrote: »
    Was he on blades?

No carvers, piste was very quiet and he decided to pick up a bit of speed, there was no piste marker so he kept going straight instead of around to the right. He realised the mistake straight away and tried to turn and break but he went airborne on the ungroomed snow and wiped out. Grip of his pole hit im in the face/goggles. The inner lens of the goggles was cracked in the impact his nose got a fair whack hence the blood and a bit scraped and burst a blood vessel in his eye. He went down and got checked out and then got on with the rest of the trip.

No carvers, piste was very quiet and he decided to pick up a bit of speed, there was no piste marker so he kept going straight instead of around to the right. He realised the mistake straight away and tried to turn and break but he went airborne on the ungroomed snow and wiped out. Grip of his pole hit im in the face/goggles. The inner lens of the goggles was cracked in the impact his nose got a fair whack hence the blood and a bit scraped and burst a blood vessel in his eye. He went down and got checked out and then got on with the rest of the trip.

Yowza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

OUCH!!:eek: but could ave been alot worse. Last time i was in austria snowborder in front of me did jump nd wiped out broke his leg n had 2 b airlifted of slope

Anyone know wat d snow conditions r like in zell am zee austria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

LK KID wrote: »
    Anyone know wat d snow conditions r like in zell am zee austria.

Check their website or www.skiinfo.com

• Advertisement

Not my picture, but this is supposedly the road into St Anton this morning

Snow 11th Jan.jpg

Snow 11th Jan.jpg

I've seen that pic before its not recent

I've seen that pic before its not recent

Quick google search and I found this, so its the daily mails fault!

http://www.parker-joseph.com/pjcjournal/2012/01/11/theres-no-business-like-snow-business/

Snow 11th Jan.jpg

I think that's from Japan.

A small edit from my trip earlier this month. Excuse the crappy editing skills.

i cant wait to go skiing. zell am zee austria in febuary.

A beautiful little resort in Norway called Vrådal.

vraadal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

A few phone shots from our week in Andorra.. Week started well with 20cm dropping on the first day then sunny skies for the rest of the week!! Except for Tuesday when resort was shut down early due to serious winds!!!

Myself over looking Pas de la Casa:
    428273_10150561778607713_735362712_8929399_752825492_n.jpg

Sunny skies and happy faces:
    395371_10150551870572713_735362712_8905262_1909655273_n.jpg

The best of the 'Off Piste'!!
    407805_10150554704257713_735362712_8910804_36219835_n.jpg

Another great day:
    407113_357322187625209_100000422917244_1213666_219112397_n.jpg

Working some shots from my SLR at the moment and will add them up soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

• Advertisement

Fattes wrote: »

That run down into the valley from about 8 minutes on looks like so much fun!

Northern Monkey; its actually two different runs, first one from the Tet DU Balme in Le Tour chamonix down to Switzerland and the second is down the other side to get the train back to Chamonix.

Me going on my ass as well as one of my mates:

Unfortunately as this happened my brother was a few hundred meters back up the slope and he fell and broke his leg!!

One of the lads doing a Superman impression

[IMG][/img]9C6d8.jpg

[IMG][/img]oESAJ.jpg

[IMG][/img]Pt3PK.jpg

A few shots from Canada for you all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

That helmet looks like the master chiefs! Nice photos!

• Advertisement

Guess how I was skiing today :D

[IMG][/img]mVtet.jpg

I hate you Fattes :D

First video of the season. Plenty more to put together for a short edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

Took this last week...

8386628775_f67819ea51_z.jpg
    IMG_1124 by roderv, on Flickr

Me, falling over...

Me, falling over...

Nice fall, Its always a disaster loosing your goggles like that cant get them clear for ages.

• Advertisement

Nice fall, Its always a disaster loosing your goggles like that cant get them clear for ages.

LOL, Yeah I regretted not having them down coz I got an awful dose of snow in the face. It was the end of the day and visibility was going so didn't need them anyway.

Took a lesson in off piste skiing then did a couple of runs:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Nice video The Big Gig, love the song benediction...

• Advertisement
Advertisement