Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share your photos or videos!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

thanks robin i couldnt get it to work. just checked how you did it so wont happen again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

A little bit of what has been going on with the Freestyle Crew at the ski club of Ireland this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak81cpDtI_g

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Last run of the day before beer in Meribel at the begining of Feb '11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

evil_seed wrote: »
    Looks familiar.... Is that St. Anton?

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Looks familiar.... Is that St. Anton?

hit_nail_on_head_D09F6890-FA3D-476C-002B3D4C22F3A74A.jpg

and 1 more. That's me falling.... again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Verbier over the weekend following St Paddys day

Just a few clips put together from this years skiing.

This is one from a friend of mine, a good reminder to buy a helmet or rent one:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Some powder today in Tignes.

Another video skiing some powder in the trees,

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

^^^ quality vid there Jack. Short but very sweet

Cheers Paul, hopefully will have some better ones for after Christmas. Serious amount of snow forecast for the next week in the French Alps.

• Advertisement

jack01986 wrote: »
    Cheers Paul, hopefully will have some better ones for after Christmas. Serious amount of snow forecast for the next week in the French Alps.

What camera did you use?

Rew wrote: »
    What camera did you use?

I used a GoPro HD hero on a chesty mount. Have to find some other ways of mounting it, thinking of some overhead shots.

jack01986 wrote: »
    I used a GoPro HD hero on a chesty mount. Have to find some other ways of mounting it, thinking of some overhead shots.

Is it damaged? Seems to be something on the left of both videos.

Have a look at my youtube channel might give you some ideas. I tried a few diff mounts last ski trip. Head facing forward, head facing back at my face, ski boot facing forward, ski pole out in front looking back and ski pole over shoulder looking forward.

Have a look at my youtube channel might give you some ideas. I tried a few diff mounts last ski trip. Head facing forward, head facing back at my face, ski boot facing forward, ski pole out in front looking back and ski pole over shoulder looking forward.

Cheers man I'll have a look at your channel. Its not broken there is a replacement lens on it thats flat which can show the surround of the frame (the flat lens is better underwater). I couldnt find the round lens before I went away. I found it so should be a clearer picture after xmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I thought it was a fisheye'ish lens that you had on there. I do like the backwards facing video you got, that is good.

Ahh right, there releasing a new casing in Feb with a flat underwater lens. I stuck one in my brothers fish tank the other day and was completely blurred and unusable, flat def a must. Have you you any under water stuff up on youtube, must take a look.

There is a few videos up there on my channel of some trout fishing, nothing to special its difficult enough with a rod in one hand and playing a fish while filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

That chest mount works really well Jack. I have a HD2 coming in the next few days and had discounted getting a chest mount as I thought it would end up pointed at the ground when skiing. I really like the backward facing movie, but my only problem is I'm normally at the back of our ski group:o

Can you adjust the height of the camera on your chest?

That chest mount works really well Jack. I have a HD2 coming in the next few days and had discounted getting a chest mount as I thought it would end up pointed at the ground when skiing. I really like the backward facing movie, but my only problem is I'm normally at the back of our ski group:o

Its probably one of the better mounts for Skiing with as it doesn't move around as much like it would on your he.ad. Its not to adjustable but you can move the angle of the camera. If you tighten the harness it will lift it a bit higher on your chest

• Advertisement

Its like a bra for lack of a better description. Its adjustable on the shoulders and the bit that goes around your chest. so you can change the hight a bit but not alot. Reason it works well for sking is you get the skis and poles into the shot with the head mount you dont get any of that.

We were playing around with the idea of wearing the head mount as a g-string (I know sounds bizarre) to get waist level shots front and back. Its not much use for anything else anyway.

Advertisement