Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SURLAW REVEAL - The Homervision Fongcontest

2»

Comments

And so here is our final SURLAW table after all juries voted:

POSITION SONG POINTS
    1 Wo ist die Euphorie 67
    2 Come Alive 66
    3 Gone Gone Gone 64
    4 Jeune et Con 62
    5 Back Home 55
    6 Reincarnation 51
    7 How We Be 47
    8 Sakura No Sono 46
    9 Owl 38
    10 Eleven Wives 37
    11 Mulatu's Mood 35
    12 Pain Killer 34
    13 Heartbreaker 33
    14 Dressed For Space* 31
    15 Viltu vitrast 31
    16 To You 30
    17 I Hope You Die 26
    18 Que No Salga La Luna 24
    19 Music Is My Hot Hot Sex 23
    20 Seis 12

*Dressed For Space finishes above Viltu vitrast as it received more 12-point scores (1 vs 0)

Victory by a single point for the Germans over their Antipodean rivals, and they will take the Surlaw crown back to their home city of Hamburg. Ireland’s representatives Young Wonder had a strong start but ultimately finish in 16th. A late flurry of points is not enough to help Mick Pedaja avoid bringing the wooden spoon home to Estonia.

Thanks to everyone who entered, was great fun scoring this and seeing how different peoples’ opinions were. Also cheers to anyone who may have listened to the playlists but didn’t get a chance to enter, and to those who might just be lurking here – I hope you’ve discovered some new music you like as a result. :)

Kolido is up next on the Surlaw list, but in the meantime Irish Aris has a Walrus game open for signups so be sure to check that out for your next fill of Forum Games music.

In the meantime, it’s auf wiedersehen from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ah, I was really rooting for Ladyhawke. . .

But in any case, that was a great reveal Homer, thank you for organising this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh Ja! We sind wunderbar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ah, so close!
    I did like Trummer too though

And my Ladyhawke guess wasn't too bad after all!

Nice one Homer - cracking selection and a great reveal... until the cruel final twist :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great game Homer and a very exciting reveal.

Very happy with the winning song.

PS. Will have my game up soon. On holliers atm, have my playlist almost sorted, just need to find time to post an op.

Advertisement