Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership Rugby 2020-2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

jesus. less than half a dozen Sale produced players i think. rough.

that Du Preez lad is one of the worst 10s i’ve ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Something a bit different. Live rugby. Terrestrial TV.
    Exeter v Leicester on Channel 5.

first game over early on with a stupid red card. second game started out decent with Leicester putting on a decent show but now Exeter are slowly mulching them as they do.

about to try the Bath-LI game now, hopefully it’s more of a contest.

Bath up 17-0 after 20 minutes, not looking too promising

• Advertisement

Bath easy winners in the end. Sarries and Bristol seem more evenly matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Do BT seem to be supporting Saracens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Sarries looking strong. That smothering game that killed Leinster last year still in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bristol beat Saracens. Neither side played their best as it's basically a pre-season game, but a very interesting game nonetheless. Saracens got a grip of Bristol up front but couldn't convert to points. Bristol ride their luck a bit, but when it came time to score they converted from a lineout

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Do BT seem to be supporting Saracens?

co-com seemed devastated at the final whistle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    Bristol beat Saracens. Neither side played their best as it's basically a pre-season game, but a very interesting game nonetheless. Saracens got a grip of Bristol up front but couldn't convert to points. Bristol ride their luck a bit, but when it came time to score they converted from a lineout

I only watched bits of the game today but is that the team Saracens will be fielding in the Championship?

bilston wrote: »
    I only watched bits of the game today but is that the team Saracens will be fielding in the Championship?

Alex Goode is going to Japan once the season finally ends. Other than that I think the rest will be in the Championship.

Ben Earl was playing against them today. He's on loan to Bristol until the end of next season.

Sale haven't done well since the restart. Two losses from two games. The latest one is against Exeter so that's not the end of the world. But what's most problematic from their pov is the amount of penalties they've conceded. Sixteen in their game against Harlequins and twenty three tonight. Conceded five more than Harlequins and nine more than Exeter in their respective games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I honestly thought that was going to be a lot uglier for Gloucester than it turns out to be.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,094 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very similar scores so far in the four games that have finished

We've had
    32-22
    32-17
    33-24
    38-24

And I can imagine the two remaining games to have similar outcomes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

My God London Irish are baad!
    Is this their strongest team?
    I know SOB is not playing (injured again?) but he fin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

CMcsporty wrote: »
    My God London Irish are baad!
    Is this their strongest team?
    I know SOB is not playing (injured again?) but he fin anyway.

Something like 9 changes in the starting 15 from last week against Bath, 6 of them in the pack incl a whole new front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Something like 9 changes in the starting 15 from last week against Bath, 6 of them in the pack incl a whole new front row.

Ok. Thanks. That goes some way to explain it.
    Disjointed and Clueless is been kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Exeter, Bristol, Bath and Wasps all in good nick. Should be interesting run in to playoffs. Sale, Leicester and London Irish look particularly rusty after long break.

blast from the past as phil dollman gets a start for exeter on tuesday night v bristol....

has only played 200 minutes in the last 20 months.

he will only have to deal with semi radradra running at him all night

• Advertisement

Sean o brien played 50mins of London Irish opening game, where he captained, but hadn't featured since and is not in the 23 for tomorrow night's game.

Anyone hear if its injury related?
    Or are they just minding him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sean o brien played 50mins of London Irish opening game, where he captained, but hadn't featured since and is not in the 23 for tomorrow night's game.

Anyone hear if its injury related?
    Or are they just minding him?

The last game they rotated 6 players out of their pack, but not sure about this one. Seen one RugbyPass say he was 'unavailable' so would assume that's possibly some knock he's recovering from but not sure.

blast from the past as phil dollman gets a start for exeter on tuesday night v bristol....

has only played 200 minutes in the last 20 months.

he will only have to deal with semi radradra running at him all night

Haha

Some man Phil dollman!!

Powers through off first phase scrum play for the opening try

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Brian Byrne starting for Bristol. Good move for him, he's gotten decent game time I think.

jeez bristol are poor tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

jeez bristol are poor tonight

Turned it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Turned it around.

Lost it at the end. Think they took off their SH before HT which was a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Nearly every score in that match seemed to include missed tackles and defenders falling over.
    Yet rugby Twitter seems to be creaming themselves over this fantastic match?

Nearly every score in that match seemed to include missed tackles and defenders falling over.
    Yet rugby Twitter seems to be creaming themselves over this fantastic match?

yeah i saw tweets to the same effect and was baffled. dull enough game marred by a lot of sloppy errors. weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Bath look a far better side since the break due to pandemic. Forwards look to have a harder edge.

Advertisement