Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Sure theres this media portrayal of one man alone planning great robberies and never touching drugs and always sober. Always keeps the youngfellas in check. Keeps them in school.

The truth is anything but.

Was it through Gerry himself that the whole Hutch name was ‘built’ upon or were any of his family members like Patsy, John etc in deep as well maybe just not as infamous and in the papers every day?

Or are the whole lot of them including all the nephews nieces etc just leaches and bullies who used the name to get where they got

Anyone ever here of the ballymount bloodbath? Just came across it, never heard of it before...good read, sounds fairly gruesome

https://theirishmob.com/the-ballymount-bloodbath/

I remember this happening as I lived nearby at the time........ On May 24, 2005, the criminal gang struck again, this time it was the man who had set up the Ballymount Bloodbath with the INLA members. A 36 year old man was shot twice in the head and body outside a house he had just moved into in Clondalkin, Dublin. He was lying in bed upstairs when the gunman called to the front door which was opened by one of his children. The gunman ran upstairs shot him where he lay and then left with three children, all under 11, screaming in the presence of their murdered father............ at the time it was thought to be local drugwars iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Augeo wrote: »
    I remember this happening as I lived nearby at the time........ On May 24, 2005, the criminal gang struck again, this time it was the man who had set up the Ballymount Bloodbath with the INLA members. A 36 year old man was shot twice in the head and body outside a house he had just moved into in Clondalkin, Dublin. He was lying in bed upstairs when the gunman called to the front door which was opened by one of his children. The gunman ran upstairs shot him where he lay and then left with three children, all under 11, screaming in the presence of their murdered father............ at the time it was thought to be local drugwars iirc.

Big Nick was shot in Dundalk by members of the INLA over what happened in Dublin and the heat it brought, their calling card was the bullet in each eye which the INLA were fond of.

He had also brought heat to the INLA in Dundalk over the shooting of Stephen Connolly who refused to pay protection money for his pub on Park St - he was gunned down just up the street from his pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Was it through Gerry himself that the whole Hutch name was ‘built’ upon or were any of his family members like Patsy, John etc in deep as well maybe just not as infamous and in the papers every day?

Or are the whole lot of them including all the nephews nieces etc just leaches and bullies who used the name to get where they got

Anybody with a nickname in the sunday world usually has at the very least a few close friends and family members. Thenprobably a pile of lads who can comw in and out depending on the job, shipment or how in need of money they are. Patsy Hutch would not have been heard of nationally until this feud kicked off, he would have been well known around the area though, and to the garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Why does both the media and Garda always emphasise that p hutch is a hardworking law abiding citizen with no involvement in crime?

Which is it goodie or baddie and if baddie why are the media and gards saying different ?

little thing called defamation - if the media/gardai claim he is involved in crime they would need to 100% be able to prove it or else they face having to make a payout.

if they can prove it - then he could/would be charged and brought before a court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Look at the environment they were raised in. It's also worth mentioning that society probably wouldn't give them a chance. I saw one of them in the papers once just because she was doing a bit of modelling. Of course the papers made it a big story and the monks face was plastered in. Good luck getting mod
    elling jobs after that. So maybe society has some culpability.

I grew up on a council estate. My parents taught me wrong from right, respect etc. No cash is no excuse.

Not of lack of opportunity, but lack of effort and willingness. All this is, is excuses and shifting the blame onto others. There are plenty of job opportunities for teenagers, but the fact is, they've been brought up by parents on benefits who have no life goals or aspirations, and funnily enough, that tends to rub off on your children (who would have guessed it). You could literally offer these kids jobs without them even having to look for them, and they would not take the jobs. Again, it's not lack of opportunity, they just can't be arsed, and when questioned, they blame everyone else. They can't be helped, they can only help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bigsuge1 wrote: »

Everyone except his own children it would seem. Privately educated and aworking decent jobs, by all accounts. Mad how that happened for his own kids but literally every other branch of the tree is rotten. Suppose moving them out of the NIC probably helped a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

theballz wrote: »
    I grew up on a council estate. My parents taught me wrong from right, respect etc. No cash is no excuse.

Not of lack of opportunity, but lack of effort and willingness. All this is, is excuses and shifting the blame onto others. There are plenty of job opportunities for teenagers, but the fact is, they've been brought up by parents on benefits who have no life goals or aspirations, and funnily enough, that tends to rub off on your children (who would have guessed it). You could literally offer these kids jobs without them even having to look for them, and they would not take the jobs. Again, it's not lack of opportunity, they just can't be arsed, and when questioned, they blame everyone else. They can't be helped, they can only help themselves.

The victim mentality at play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fergiesfav

The gangland archive account on Twitter is interesting. Derek Hutch snr gets a lot of mentions, he must have been a big player in the 90s.

A lot of stuff Paul Williams wrote back then, he has since contradicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭NorthCity

Look at the environment they were raised in. It's also worth mentioning that society probably wouldn't give them a chance. I saw one of them in the papers once just because she was doing a bit of modelling. Of course the papers made it a big story and the monks face was plastered in. Good luck getting modelling jobs after that. So maybe society has some culpability.

I lived among them i haven't got one conviction , Zero , Every member of their family and extended family have 40 - 50 previous convictions , Names that you wouldn't automatically connect with the Hutch family unless you lived in the area all low life scum , As for not getting work if connected to the Monk that's incorrect , The Monk was in huge demand with the D4 set when he that the humvee limo's He was also voted Ireland's sexiest man twice .

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

fergiesfav wrote: »
    The gangland archive account on Twitter is interesting. Derek Hutch snr gets a lot of mentions, he must have been a big player in the 90s.

A lot of stuff Paul Williams wrote back then, he has since contradicted.

He wrote a piece claiming the monk was a big heroin dealer. He makes it up as he goes along

He wrote a piece claiming the monk was a big heroin dealer. He makes it up as he goes along

You still think he is a Robin Hood type stealing securicor vans dont ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TheGeneral123

I thought he stole from the rich and gave it to the poor?

I thought he stole from the rich and gave it to the poor?

Yeah the rich being the hard working people who go to work each day. The poor being the lads who sit around all day thinking up excuses for why they forgot to sign on yesterday. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Yeah the rich being the hard working people who go to work each day. The poor being the lads who sit around all day thinking up excuses for why they forgot to sign on yesterday. ��

Well who actually cares, they are all the same, if Fat Freddie had not whispered sweet lies into DK,s ears, the bad blood would not have started, and Fat Freddie done the same with Gary, so the infighting started, simple as, so they are all the same, drug dealing rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Yeah the rich being the hard working people who go to work each day. The poor being the lads who sit around all day thinking up excuses for why they forgot to sign on yesterday. ��

A lot of those hard working people had much better parents and environment.

A lot of those hard working people had much better parents and environment.

If you make it into your 60s and havnt realised the suffering your orgnaised crime is causing you have to stop blaming your parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Big seizure headed for Mountjoy stopped this morning. There'll be a few pissed off heads
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40083782.html

• Advertisement

Monk is a criminal and everybody knows that. But if we are comparing him to DK then its pretty obvious why people prefer the Monk.

Also quite remarkable how he kept his own family and kids away from crime. It was his nephews that got him into this mess.

What was the story with the Mel Cox shooting?

More trouble in the pearse house flats

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What was the story with the Mel Cox shooting?

Cox was a hard man throwing his weight around the NIC but was himself an outsider from Roscommon, living in Blanch. He was with a girl from the area but was always a blow in as far as the community were concerned. Apparently broke Neddie Hutch’s jaw and refused to pay compensation or apologise and that was it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TheGeneral123

Well who actually cares, they are all the same, if Fat Freddie had not whispered sweet lies into DK,s ears, the bad blood would not have started, and Fat Freddie done the same with Gary, so the infighting started, simple as, so they are all the same, drug dealing rats.

Mate I think it’s less about whispers in his ears and more about 2 failed assassination attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

GBX wrote: »
    Big seizure headed for Mountjoy stopped this morning. There'll be a few pissed off heads
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40083782.html

Initials and nicknames marked on them:rolleyes:

that's why they are in prison

Omackeral wrote: »
    Cox was a hard man throwing his weight around the NIC but was himself an outsider from Roscommon, living in Blanch. He was with a girl from the area but was always a blow in as far as the community were concerned. Apparently broke Neddie Hutch’s jaw and refused to pay compensation or apologise and that was it for him

Paying compo is tricky. Apparently the hutches paid compo and it wasn't respected. I don't see why Cox would go looking for trouble, especially against the Hutches when he seems like he was a one man gang. I have to say it is a bit much to end up shooting him if he was just a one man gang. Quite ruthless. A good hiding would probably have been enough to cop him on. They must have been a bit scared of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

I thought cox broke monks jaw
    Must have got that mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Haladmirer wrote: »
    I thought cox broke monks jaw
    Must have got that mixed up

His brothers according to the book that Paul Williams wrote recently that was released all over WhatsApp.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

His brothers according to the book that Paul Williams wrote recently that was released all over WhatsApp.

Just finished reading the new Williams book. He doesn’t mention a name, just says a “close relative” got his jaw broken by Cox.

Interestingly, Williams claims that not only did Daniel Kinahan drive the getaway car for Eddie’s murder, but he was also captured on CCTV visiting Eddie’s home a couple weeks before the Regency event, trying to get a message to Gerry for peace overtures.

Williams portrays Eddie as heavily involved in armed robberies in Gerry’s early days in the 80s.

Advertisement