Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jupiter Ascending - Wachowski Siblings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Absolutely terrible acting, script and direction. The only redeeming quality was some of the visual effects and costume/creature design. I wouldn't even recommend this as a rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No, the main problem for me is Mila Kunis... she can't carry it all on her shoulders

The reason she cant carry it on her shoulders is that she looks like a stick insect
    Physically, it was the most challenging role I've ever had. You train for six months and work out all day, five days a week."
    She continued: "I've never been in better shape in my life and by the time we began shooting, I had zero body fat.

Zero per cent body fat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I went and seen this film today. Must say I really enjoyed it and would certainly watch it again. There is some really beautiful scenes in it.I loved all the space scenes and ships too.The story is simple enough but still good. Way better than what some of the reviews have said about it. I also thought the acting was quiet good too. Maybe there was the small little bit that could have been done better but otherwise it was a very good film. Funny in parts too.

Was there a teaser in the credits? I normally stay and watch the credits untill the lights come on but I had to go as soon as they stated this time as had a bus to catch. Will there be a 2nd film on this ?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Will do a more indepth post on my thoughts but really rather conflicted on Jupiter Ascending, on one hand it's amongst the most visually stunning pieces of cinema that I have ever seen but story is all over the place, some of the cast are just bad and there were more holes that I care to count but the set pieces did make up for it. And it looks so damn good, don't think anyone will make a film like it ever again, it's ambitious, bombastic and looking to be a loss maker which is sad as it's far more enjoyable than Transformers or most other blockbusters. Plus it has a rugged as hell Sean Bean sporting two very nice jackets. Tatum was great but Kunis is not a lead, she had no chemistry with Tatum and their flirting was just awkward and stilted beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

The problem with negative reviews is that they are often excessively emotional and heavy on the hyperbole with an all or nothing tone.

IMO, the Wachowskis make unique films that although are often tempered by the restrictions of blockbuster processes, still manage to have something unique and individual with enough redeeming qualities, which make their films interesting at least.

Why it wasn't as good as The Matrix/ Bound/ Cloud Atlas is more interesting than dismissing it out of hand, I think. Unlike Interstellar, its grasp exceeded its reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I went to see this last week having not really followed any of the build up. I like sci-fi, including the epic space opera type, and I like action, but I did not like this. It looked great and a lot of the alien tech was pretty imaginative, but the writing was pretty dreadful. So many cliches - the walking stereotype immigrant Russian family, the scheming sociopathic rich-kids (transplanted into an interstellar dynasty), the grizzled military veteran and his wayward loose-cannon protege...I could go on. I don't know what Eddie Redmayne was thinking with his performance. He could be up for a Razzie next time round it was that bad. As for the supposed attraction between the two leads...it just appears out of nowhere, as if the filmmakers remembered halfway through that these things always happen in films.

Having said all that, it didn't bore me, which puts it well ahead of most of Michael Bay's recent output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Walked into this after the painfully dull and empty American Sniper and this was the uplift that I needed. Completely ridiculous and camp as hell but I really had a good time with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I watched this movie last night... it made me want to punch myself.. it also made me come onto this thread to warn possible future watchers.... DON'T.... It is unmitigated sh!te.. absolute donkey balls...

The film makes a bad decision after bad decision... actually thats probably the most interesting aspect of this movie... How can they get everything completely wrong...

I am going to watch Fight Club later, to cheer me up.. and watch someone else punch themselves....

Advertisement