Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There's a rat in the kitchen what am I gonna do?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

farmchoice wrote: »
    i have some bad news for you you dont have one rat you have a lot of rats. one rat didn't eat your 4 trays of poison a good few did and then died and more are still there.

you should probably sort this out as rats do spread disease and you can get weil's disease off them easily enough.

it might be time to give rentokil a call.

One of my family in Canada; they had a serious rat infestation, as in a horde running u the stairs.. spent a small fortune on poison, then when the y got the experts in they were told that in fact by feeding the rats they were attracting them more and more. So the news was spreading; go there for food...

One house I rented, a mouse ran across my pillow one night! The landlord was very impressed that we sorted it, my pets and I. I finally rescued the mouse from the terrier who was tormenting it, and put it outside, telling it to spread the news that WE HAVE CATS AND A DOG!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

kill him with a green bucket its what i did

best thread ever :L

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

There was another rat i put poision down for it worked but he died in the walls and the stench of him for weeks was actually inhumane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Glenster wrote: »
    Your boyfriend and the rat are having an affair.

A love rat.

Don't kill it whatever you do..they're sacred in India..or is that pigs? ..or cows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Watch this documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382932/ and enjoy tasty meals everyday afterwards with your new personal chef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lauren3142 wrote: »
    There was another rat i put poision down for it worked but he died in the walls and the stench of him for weeks was actually inhumane

It's a smell that cannot be unsmelt.

I dont know why I keep reading this thread. Rats freak me out. Reading this thread is like personal immolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Recommendations for Cruel treatment are not allowed on this thread so understand carefully what I am saying.

Balance the rat on the head of a Golf Club and move him 300 yards away. Do you understand? You use the golf club to transport the rat a distance of about 300 yards from where you currently are.

Golf club, rat, 300 yards, problem gone. Is that understood? No cruel treatment here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Our neighbours farm used to and probably still does have plenty of rats, and we had plenty of cats. Dead rat on our doorstep was a regular occurrence.

Never use poison to kill a rat, not pleasant way to die and will more then likely die somewhere you can't get to and smell the place up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Well he is gone and so is the poison....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Witchie wrote: »
    Well he is gone and so is the poison....

Not only a rat but a thieving rat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Call Paulie Walnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Call him Pete Sampras....

Advertisement