Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,166 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The amount of barely covered up misogyny in a lot of threads over the last few days.

The racism and general bigotry doesn't surprise me but, for some reason, the misogyny does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Like the Xmas lights in Galway which have been up all year round. :)

Exactly.. Those scenes on churches and other buildings are particularly gaudy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Predictive text keeps turning my friend Daithi's name into "said hi".

"Ducking".

When I try to type "we're" it's "were" and vice versa.

Also unrelated.

People who say they have an "eclectic" taste in music.

People who do their make up on the bus.

Bus drivers absolutely lashing the heat up and the bus is wedged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bus roof windows that leak.

When the bus radio is playing songs you hate.

On hold to a state department for half an hour and counting and their on hold music could be better. Wasting my afternoon wondering if they actually answer the phones at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a lecturer at college.
    Apart from the time he threated to go out of his way to fail us for skipping a lecture.
    He told us to call him by his first name and then when you did he'd say my name is Mr O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mentioned it before but people who push their buggies onto the road while attempting to cross. Saw a lady doing it earlier while waiting for the green man. Doubt that they would stand on the road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Feeling confused & anxious about someones intentions towards me. I wish people were more up front, I hate mind games!
    Its just disappointment after disappointment lately :(

My new black jeans have a previously unnoticed glitter coating.
    When I step into the daylight It's like a Brats doll emerging from an explosion In a playschool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pharmacies with a lit green cross, when they are Closed ! . It should be lit to show you're open and not have me driving around town. Turn it off at closing time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Mentioned it before but people who push their buggies onto the road while attempting to cross. Saw a lady doing it earlier while waiting for the green man. Doubt that they would stand on the road...
    I see that alot. Focking drives me bananas. Putting the child out on the road to stop traffic?????

cjmc wrote: »
    I see that alot. Focking drives me bananas. Putting the child out on the road to stop traffic?????

No, this lady was sticking her buggy into a cycle lane on a busy street in Cork, while waiting for the green man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

SusieBlue wrote:
    Feeling confused & anxious about someones intentions towards me. I wish people were more up front, I hate mind games! Its just disappointment after disappointment lately

Hope things go on the up and up for you soon. May good things come your way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been working all day on a spreadsheet, formulas and the rest. Saved regularly. I go to save one last time before closing it, and the whole things stalls. Then it crashes. When it opens itself again, it's a blank spreadsheet. Nothing in the "Documents Recovery". The latest saved version is dated today before lunch. I want to crrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

My new black jeans have a previously unnoticed glitter coating.
    When I step into the daylight It's like a Brats doll emerging from an explosion In a playschool.

Quite the image!

cjmc wrote: »
    Pharmacies with a lit green cross, when they are Closed ! . It should be lit to show you're open and not have me driving around town. Turn it off at closing time.

I know some of these and they are near traffic lights and they can be confusing for both pedestrians and drivers.

Eleysian wrote: »
    Quite the image!

Yeah I was thinking somewhere there'd be lots of glitter, was thinking minor explosion in an empty playschool. I shouldve said a glitter factory

TA over thinking after I post and making it worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

New Home wrote:
    I've been working all day on a spreadsheet, formulas and the rest. Saved regularly. I go to save one last time before closing it, and the whole things stalls. Then it crashes. When it opens itself again, it's a blank spreadsheet. Nothing in the "Documents Recovery". The latest saved version is dated today before lunch. I want to crrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

I nearly recoiled in horror at the last bit and it didn't even happen to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Painting all finished and yep it looks like a whorehouse.All that is missing is the red light outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Scalded my arm from the steam of the kettle about a week ago, and the burn has settled into the darkest most hideous looking blistery yoke. Anyone know anything I can use to make it look normal again?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Scalded my arm from the steam of the kettle about a week ago, and the burn has settled into the darkest most hideous looking blistery yoke. Anyone know anything I can use to make it look normal again?

Time?

Or hydrocolloidal plasters (the ones specific for burns), but they will have to stay in place until they detach themselves - if you peel them off, your skin will go with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Lance it and keep it covered in Destin to dry it out.

Not recommended. If you do lance it, treat it like a wound the size of the blister - with broken skin, germ can get in much more easily and infect it, that's why in first aid courses they tell you not to.

(Mods, hope this doesn't qualify as medical advice)

Painting all finished and yep it looks like a whorehouse.All that is missing is the red light outside.

I wanted to ask about that the other day on the Wherers thread! Cause I always thought they used a red shade or bulb inside too as a wash of red light makes them look better or is erotic or whatever. My ceiling light is a reproduction Edwardian red glass one and as soon as it was fitted and first switched on the room had this red tint that reminded me of the red light of a brothel :D I'm used to it now.

On a separate note, I hate it when you borrow a DVD from the library, you come home to realise the cover said "2-disc set" because it's either a mini-series or it's a special edition with extras... but only one disc can be found in the box. And then you worry that the library will think it was you who stole the missing disk, but you report it anyway 'cause it's the right thing to do. Bloody thieves! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

When you record something on Sky and sit through the ads like an idiot cause you forgot you can fast forward..

Aloe Vera gel worked for me when I did something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »

That reminds me, I deleted a page off our intranet site last week but when I refreshed, the whole site was gone... just closed it thinking it will be fine when I check again, be grand, but forgot to check... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

After being let down by an artist.

He was brought into the workplace about a month ago to paint a couple of murals to add a bit of life to the downstairs area. He is really good at his craft and they are outstanding, although he is the sort of fella that would show up around lunch-time, would spend half the time chatting and end up not get much done by closing time. Ran a couple of weeks behind schedule as a result, but no biggie.

Anyway, he does a line in wedding portraits too, and my GF commissioned one as a novel present for her sister. We specified that we needed it completed by this week as we are flying over to London to stay with her and wanted to bring it over with us. He had a month to get it done.

Of course, I contacted him to see what the story is, and its only 80% complete and won't be done in time. Now, we have a back-up plan to get it over to the UK, but its still annoying nonetheless. We paid for a service (well only the deposit so far) that wasn't completed by the designated time.

He won't be getting any tip. God damn lazy artsy types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Such flakiness is sadly not unique in creative circles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

When you have something on your mind :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Basically every single night to my boyfriend,
    Me: Do ya want to say anything to me now before I put my ear plugs in, I won’t be able to hear you
    Him: No

Twenty seconds later: *tap on the shoulder*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah lookit he'll finish your portrait when the money from the first commission runs out innit

When people can't be straight with you. I'm a tad annoyed with somebody now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

On a separate note, I hate it when you borrow a DVD from the library, you come home to realise the cover said "2-disc set" because it's either a mini-series or it's a special edition with extras... but only one disc can be found in the box. And then you worry that the library will think it was you who stole the missing disk, but you report it anyway 'cause it's the right thing to do. Bloody thieves! :mad:

Is this post from 2006?

You mean from the year you were born? Probably. My time machine seems to be working, so.

When I'm on the long train commute to Dublin and a guy standing beside me is constantly doing long disgusting snotty sniffs , about 4 times a minute!!
    Use a fcuking hanky or ask your girlfriend beside you for one......... but STFU with this disgusting noise . I feel sick !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Big group of friends coming to visit Belfast this weekend. Been looking forward to it for ages. So OF COURSE my body decides to get sick 2 days before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

You mean from the year you were born? Probably. My time machine seems to be working, so.
    Haha! Fantastic stuff New Home :D
    I hope you did this after posting that.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Homelessness propaganda pieces like this.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/homeless-toddlers-are-unable-to-walk-crawl-or-chew-due-to-emergency-living-conditions-38730497.html

We will be reading a steady stream of them now coming into Xmas, to go with the ott adverts from Focus Ireland etc

So kids are not able to chew cos they are living in a hotel?

Get a grip ffs. What nonsense.

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    Haha! Fantastic stuff New Home :D
    I hope you did this after posting that.

https://media.giphy.com/media/n6KHppJdQNsbe/giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10857421

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

randomspud wrote: »
    Is this post from 2006?

Technology taunts like this.
    I have got them all my life.
    Scoffs about vinyl from the late 1980s onwards etc. Look how that turned out.
    Digs about buying / collecting physical media like DVD and BD - some of us don't want to stream and the selection is sh*t.

TA trying to gently explain anything to a negatively minded person.
    Everything is a stepping stone to another whinge.
    I do see the irony of where I'm posting...but whinging without constructive action is defeatist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I returned an item to a store last week, and was told the refund would be credited to my account within "2 days". it is a week tomorrow and still no sign of the money coming back. I feckin well knew the guy who dealt with it didn't know what he was doing, and now I have to actually go into the store and no doubt waste my time and fight with them over this since they have no online presence for some reason! There is a European head office but I doubt they want to hear about my woes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ghosteen wrote: »
    I nearly recoiled in horror at the last bit and it didn't even happen to me!

I was reading it with one eye closed, fearing the worst! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Tesco don't seem to be making my favourite breakfast cereal anymore:(
    190147.jpg

Probably just as well for my arteries though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tesco don't seem to be making my favourite breakfast cereal anymore:(
    190147.jpg

Probably just as well for my arteries though...

It's not quite the same, but Aldi do a salted caramel & popcorn cereal bar .....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

TA when using a loud hand dryer that someone talking to me gets annoyed because I can't hear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Trying to open my washing Tabs.Fort Knox would be easier to get in to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

CGI characters in adverts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement