Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Hi, I've been playing F1 2020 also asseto corsa ,grid pga tour 2k20 and wrc 8. As you can see I jump from game to game after about an hour or 2 on one game I just dont have the concentration levels anymore. I'm old now btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Started Mafia Definitive edition last night. Played about an hour of it.

Love the setting and time period.

Interesting main character and story from the off.

Looking forward to more of it later.

Started Mafia Definitive edition last night. Played about an hour of it.

Love the setting and time period.

Interesting main character and story from the off.

Looking forward to more of it later.

Played this last year after playing 2 and 3 a few years before - mainly out of curiosity because 2 in particular is one of my favourite games - I really enjoyed it and think you're in for a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I started World War Z on PS Now as it's one of the games that are up for a limited time frame. I gave up after 2 missions, it's really poor. Even if you play in offline mode, you can't pause the game. Also if you die you need to restart the entire mission again. The gameplay is fine but offers nothing new and doesn't do enough for me to forgive the other huge issues. I doubt I'll be going back to it.

Really enjoyed it. Very simple, almost old fashioned arcade style game. With zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Playing some older tony hawks games and some Mortal Kombat games on PS2 again, have the witcher in the PS4 but just cannot give time to it at all, cannot get into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Moss pretty much just before the announcement of the sequel. Now just need to get back to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Scarlet Nexus, played about 3 hours of it and was in combat for about 15 minutes of that. Its a very text/talking heavy game, and in typical anime fashion the really boring stuff is at the start. Not sure I'll play on.

Also started RDR2 again, but also hampered by my memories of the monotony. Plus it has no PS5 upgrades so I probably will stop playing that again soon.

Also playing plenty of Rocket League and Chivalry 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished God of War for a 2nd time. I forgot just how great that story is. What a game.

I started FFVII Remake. I have never been able to get into a FF game (I really dislike turn based games). So far I am enjoying this one, the fighting is fun and the story is OK. It does remind me why I am not a fan of JRPGs. The voice acting and the characters are just terrible. And some of the scenarios, I don't mind fighting a massive robot with my 6ft long sword, but a guy doing backflips with a motorcycle is just too far. And the doe eyed female characters are as shallow as a paddling pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

The order 1886!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Played Uncharted, latest tomb raider and Jedi fallen order from the ps plus- great service. Like that style of game.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

So I've been spending my time not playing a AAA game that's free on Now nor the new PS5 game I bought, I've gone back to Hollow Knight. And I'm enjoying it this time around, because I'm slightly cheating by following a suggested path. I'm not spoiling areas, just which way to go once I've picked up the latest ability/whatever. With a bit more direction, I'm already further than I was when I first played it, and I don't find it as annoying, as I'm not trying to kill things I'm not yet upgraded to kill! I think I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, and will hopefully be able to finish it, but I accidentally encountered Flukemarm and got utterly overcrowded and killed easily. Thankfully, it's optional so whew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Been in a bit of game funk but resident evil village is lots of fun and continues the blend of FPS and classic resi puzzle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Bought Far Cry 5 over the weekend on sale for a tenner. About 8 hours in and enjoying it well enough. IIRC it got alot of hate when it came out first but I've never played a FC game really so maybe that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

After a strong start it gets extremely repetitive, the first 30% of the game is by far the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

Been playing Everybodys golf, nothing on the ps5 is really catching me at the moment and its weird everybodys golf is not that fast in loading, I wonder if its always online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I bought and started playing it a few weeks ago, but had to give up. The gameplay itself is fine, but I hate the presentation of it. Having to hear about how the person you're challenging is also a wrestler and boy does he hate that we're not using the mega cups, then after we both fist pump and play the game, you have to go through about 6 screens of how many points you got etc where your character jumps in cheer at the end of each one. Plus in the free-roam, half the people you talk to just say things like "Hey did you know that hitting the ball harder makes it go further?"

It just felt so constant and annoying. I might go back to it when I'm in a better temperament. The loading times were okay when considered it's still mostly limited to its PS4 loading. Not sure how much playing on PS5 makes a difference. I think it is always online even playing in Single Player though.

Think I'm nearing the 'end' of Hollow Knight. I believe I only have 1 more mandatory boss to go, but I could be completely wrong. I'm collecting the 3 Dreamers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Would love to play this fresh again. I really enjoyed this. Got a bad reception on launch. But think it was much better than people gave it credit for. Still looks stunning today. Game is incredibly short but I don't think its a big deal. As games these days just drag on I find. So a short quality game can be welcome at times. Don't need every game to be a 40 hour epic.

I meant to reply to this comment last week , I have to agree . Maybe it's fact I only finished 2016 a few months ago and loved it but I felt story , guns and characters were better in 2016 game . I felt rift apart apart was over sold to me to a degree . Better game mechanically but u just came out and felt it was a 7/10 where as 2016 when I played it in April was a 8.5or 9 /10

• Advertisement

Bought this on sale on psn for like €9 last night on your recommendation . Looking for more of that time period in London after how much I loved the order 1886.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah but Rift Apart didn't have boss battles where you have to keep flying around meaning most of your weapons become completely useless and you run out of ammo of the ones that do work, so Rift Apart definitely wins for me.

I also do like that the buzz blades weren't as powerful, because it made me less reliant on them. Nearly all the weapons felt viable most of the time, something I never really found with 2016.

I wouldnt say there's a huge gulf in quality between the games regardless. A case can definitely be made for each one. Rift Apart does win out for me though. I had some frustrations with 2016 but almost none with RA (bar trying to get some of the collectibles).

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Started A Plague Tale a few days ago, its a "fail, try again, succeed, and then repeat at the next challenge" kind of game...

I'll carry on with it as I have nothing else to play on the PS5 at the moment

Rift apart was easier too

Those are the only 2 R&C games I have played, and I played them fairly close together on PS5. Rift Apart is by far the superior game IMO. The combat, side content, traversal and story were all far better, and don't get me started on the graphics. Ray tracing at 60 fps on a console still seems like voodoo to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

was thinking of giving this a go on ps plus, does it get a bit repetitive after a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Its a distraction if you have nothing else, but it is definitely a one off for me, I'll complete and not look at it again. The storyline stops it being too repetitive but the "puzzles" or challenges, are simply repeat and repeat until you have them done.

I picked up a G29 the weekend and been stuck to playing GRiD, GT Sport and The Crew 2. Completely different games with a wheel!

I found the opposite. I enjoyed the first playthrough, but I couldn't bring myself to go through it again but with annoying mini games, less combat and a slightly different side to the same things. I saw it on Now and thought I might give it a go, as I haven't played it since release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GT sport takes up 90% of my gaming time since I got the wheel back in November (and then had to get a seat, and extra screen), how're you getting on with your online races?

Haven't even tried online yet! I still can't get the braking down and always end up hopping off someone, so online that would annoy me if someone did it to me.

• Advertisement

Watch the driving school section of this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney his advice and instruction is at the top tier of the content community online and his teaching has got me pretty far up the online ranking

I actually think my problem is my setup. At the moment, the wheel is hooked up to a small folding table and the pedals are pushed up against the drawers the tv is on, so there's a good bit of movement, and I'm struggling to actually push the brake pedal the whole way (it's quite stiff!), so I'm not braking properly by the looks of it. I haven't played it enough to really get into it, so settings haven't even been looked at yet. I will say though, I am enjoying the arcadey feel of The Crew 2 more... you don't really have to brake in it!

Pm sent, rather than fill up the thread with setup info

Ff7 remake . Found chapter 8 and start 9 boring , full & repetitive and was starting to lose interest a bit . Then got to wall market , beautiful setting , story very funny & hell house 😵.

chivalry 2 . Such a fun game . Game modes limited enough but some Craic .

rust . Had my first real good run tonight . Lasted 90mins and Managed log out and leave myself in a healthy well stocked state to return to !

Hades is so damn good! I didn't want to let the hype potentially ruin it, but my god its good, and lives up to it. Everything about it has a feel of something well polished, the combat is fluid and satisfying, and really has that one-more-go feel nailed. Well worth the asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Assassin's creed Valhalla druid dlc, got to be in right mood for the game and now I am! Great seeing Ireland during the period.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I started Red Dead Redemption 2 a few nights ago as it's on PS Now but for a limited time. I must admit that I'm really struggling to get into it so far. There seems to be too many things to do and keep track of and movement is so slow. I'm not really a huge fan of overly complicated games so I might just try and plow through the main story but it just hasn't clicked with me yet!

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a common complaint. I loved the first one but couldn't get into the second one, it's basically a cowboy simulator. Far too much time spent travelling, and I just can't deal with Rockstar's combat system any more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Jumped back into Death Stranding, man that game could do with some better end game content. Its nice to just cruise about in the evening with the music and visuals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I had the exact same issue myself to a point where i gave up on it for a few months about a quarter of the way through. When i got back to playing it i solely focused 100% on main storyline and it made it alot more enjoyable.

• Advertisement

RDR2 is far too long. Beautiful looking game though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cowboy simulator seems a perfect description. I mean the fact that you have to watch your weight etc is just too much to be thinking about in this type of game. I think I'll do the main story missions and the possibly the stranger missions and skip the rest for now.

As an aside, is there anyway to see what you need to do to upgrade your cores or does it just come naturally through gameplay. It's all unnecessarily complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have to disagree with the RDR2 comments, it's a fantastic game. Once you get past the opening chapter it really opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

I'm playing GT Sport a good bit lately too, not many Irish players on it at all. Pm me your ID if you want to have a few races

The opening chapter is a pain, but the chapter where they go to Guarma and the Epilogue are torturously slow.

They should have streamlined the game more.

The epilogue of that game is the most self-indulgent thing I have ever seen in any game ever, I couldn't believe how long it went on for. They could have achieved all of that in about 1/5th of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

After playing it on and off for a couple years, finally got all trophies in Assassins Creed Odyssey. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though the 5th DLC in the Underworld was a bit painful at times (likely the total contrast of murky brown to an otherwise bright game) - next up, considering getting the Gold edition of Origins (never really played it) though I just missed it on sale so I may delve into the backlog for a bit first.

I spent roughly 110 hours getting the Plat on Odyssey, and even though I had the season pass, I never touched the DLC. Just had enough at that stage! Then played Immortals: Fenyx Rising and it reminded me that these types of games used to be fun, which completely ruined my attempt to play Valhalla then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

was plodding through death stranding but think I’m burnt out with climbing up snowy mountains at this stage. Such a slog at the moment

had ratchet and clank from that give away (at the start of the pandemic I think) so have switched to that and enjoying it a lot

I’m considering buying AC odyssey.. I see the deluxe version is currently 20e, which was my buy price before. However, have been stung by Origins so I’ve gone a bit lukewarm on it

Advertisement