Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon deliveries being dumped in garden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I can’t see a direct reference to my issue on the link you provided.

So you’d think it ok to go into a shop advertising something as in stock to be then told it has to come four different locations?

I never said I expect them to hold stock in one place, it just doesn’t make sense to me that they then have to pay four shipping costs and four packaging costs, surely it ends up costing them money?

its basic secondary school business studies class stuff, economies of scale; the costs amazon pays the carriers is low due to volume, and their fulfilment centres being in key locations to hold stock.

do you believe that Jeff and his planners have had some massive oversight and that they should overhaul their supply chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

BArra wrote: »
    its basic secondary school business studies class stuff, economies of scale; the costs amazon pays the carriers is low due to volume, and their fulfilment centres being in key locations to hold stock.

do you believe that Jeff and his planners have had some massive oversight and that they should overhaul their supply chain?
    The problem is transparency. A customer should know (or be given a choice) in advance, which courier will deliver, and whether their order will be split into several deliveries. They are just suiting themselves with this bullsh*t. The model is they make more in cost savings than they lose in custom from customers who give up on them. So, I get it......it's just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

BArra wrote: »

All I said was that to me it just seems daft to have an order of four identical air fresheners going from different distribution centres, the order was £12 with free delivery and they refunded me £12 for the addresspal, so they paid 4xpostage and packaging and gave me £12 which the customer service agent cleared with a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

monkeynuz wrote: »
    All I said was that to me it just seems daft to have an order of four identical air fresheners going from different distribution centres, the order was £12 with free delivery and they refunded me £12 for the addresspal, so they paid 4xpostage and packaging and gave me £12 which the customer service agent cleared with a supervisor.

Amazon Don't care , They just want you off the phone or webchat , I bought an Original Kindle on the US Store delviered to the US , 3 Years later when it was out of warranty I broke it , They actually put credit for the $200 I spent on the Amazon.com store on my Amazon.co.uk as they were not able to refund from .com to .co.uk , I went online and bought Samsung Galaxy Tab - They have great customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I've had nothing but horrible experiences with Fastway - They're the most unprofessional pack of ar$ehole$ ever to deal with the poor unsuspecting public.

Even if they paid you it wouldn't be worth the stress, worry and hassle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Well compared to an post. The fastway drivers usually own their Van's...ie have bought a route.. and pay for all running costs of van... to make it pay they probably don't want to spend their day driving up dirt roads to find every recipient of a parcel but try instead to drop at the nearest village.. I've got various stuff delivered over the last few years. And they actually handle large stuff that an post etc wouldn't carry..
    They delivered a second hand petrol cement mixer and stand from newry to my house in east cork for 20 euro.. jesus they made feck all out of that..
    So I don't think fastway are at all a bad courier service .. but certainly could be better for delivering Amazon stuff..
    I always use my work location for deliveries lately and I never get any problems..even my wife now uses my work address as it's way better than hoping and praying that some half decent courier guy will deliver to our house..and if they didn't deliver and we complained well there clearly not worried about private house deliveries. But if the fecked up delivering to my work address well that driver would be unemployed the next day...
    Comparing an post to fastway ain't good there really set up for deliveries of different products.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Turbohymac wrote: »
    They delivered a second hand petrol cement mixer and stand from newry to my house in east cork for 20 euro.

You must have had fun getting that out of the wheelie bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

do what i did

report it as lost and they refund you :)

i ordered 4 items totaling €145

reported it lost ( was left in my garden so no sig )

and refunded all the costs :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    do what i did

report it as lost and they refund you :)

i ordered 4 items totaling €145

reported it lost ( was left in my garden so no sig )

and refunded all the costs :D

Suggesting fraud is entirely unacceptable here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

piplip87 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until some of the pillars of the communities start following fsstway vans and lifting the lot. Maybe then they will cop on.

Ha that might force them to take action alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Well compared to an post. The fastway drivers usually own their Van's...ie have bought a route.. and pay for all running costs of van... to make it pay they probably don't want to spend their day driving up dirt roads to find every recipient of a parcel but try instead to drop at the nearest village.. I've got various stuff delivered over the last few years. And they actually handle large stuff that an post etc wouldn't carry..
    They delivered a second hand petrol cement mixer and stand from newry to my house in east cork for 20 euro.. jesus they made feck all out of that..
    So I don't think fastway are at all a bad courier service .. but certainly could be better for delivering Amazon stuff..
    I always use my work location for deliveries lately and I never get any problems..even my wife now uses my work address as it's way better than hoping and praying that some half decent courier guy will deliver to our house..and if they didn't deliver and we complained well there clearly not worried about private house deliveries. But if the fecked up delivering to my work address well that driver would be unemployed the next day...
    Comparing an post to fastway ain't good there really set up for deliveries of different products.

Just google Fastway Scam and see how many people have bought a route and then got screwed... Know a guy who lost a fortune after buying into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I had a package for a new CPU delivered to my parents as I knew they would be home. They left outside in the rain a few months back. It was shipped by fast way also. I got an email saying that I wasn't home and my package was left in my shed.
    My parents don't own a shed.. And were home all day that day. Water had penetrated the package by the time I found it (left around the side of my parents semi detached house) the cardboard box of the CPU itself was melting. It did seem pretty sealed in the plastic but I didn't want to risk putting it in and frying other components if it was wet.

I've heard so many bad stories from people regarding fast way. That was my first and hopefully my last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

One of the reasons I use Parcel Motel is because An Post kept leaving parcels with my neighbours. I do not want them bothering my neighbours. And sometimes the neighbours forget for days that they have the package and I've reported it missing in the same time. Very infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I don't mind An Post bringing stuff to the depot, if Fastway even did that much I'd be happy, once I knew it was safe. Dumping stuff in people's gardens is just not acceptable.
    I'd have no problem with taking a neighbours parcel, community spirit is hardly that dead is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

An Post didn't do the with neighbours thing without authorisation in the past. I've only noticed it recently, has only been light parcels that don't fit in the box (poster tubes mostly). Anything heavier has gone to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭andrewk08

I got the same message but there was no way of knowing when it would arrive.
    Stayed at home yesterday, but it never arrived.
    I presume that it is safe and will arrive to day but in fairness, what's the point in An Post having tracking, if they can't track it for you?

I had two deliveries from on Post due last week.
    The first, an Amazon Prime tracked one day delivery, was delivery after two days and left outside the door in Coolock.
    For the second delivery, I also got an SMS on Thursday, supposed delivery on Friday, never showed up.

How can amazon Prime guarantee 1 day delivery when using An Post: Answer, they can't.
    AMAZON, Please stop using AN POST, they are terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

andrewk08 wrote: »
    The first, an Amazon Prime tracked one day delivery, was delivery after two days and left outside the door in Coolock.
    For the second delivery, I also got an SMS on Thursday, supposed delivery on Friday, never showed up.

How can amazon Prime guarantee 1 day delivery when using An Post: Answer, they can't.

Amazon Prime don't promise one day delivery for Ireland its two days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=12615376031&ref=pmp_quicklink_desk_mar&ie=UTF8&ms3_c=07f700761cdd38734082de13c847712f
    Unlimited Two-Day Delivery to the Republic of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The reason I use Amazon is precisely because they use An Post, who are more dependable and quicker than any of the courier services in this area.

The reason I use Amazon is precisely because they use An Post, who are more dependable and quicker than any of the courier services in this area.

Exactly why I use Prime, but also because picking is much faster - no waiting for a week for the item to leave the warehouse and also because I don't have to deal with Fastway and iParcel.

• Advertisement

My first Amazon prime took 2 days (plus the day it was ordered),
    BUT THE SECOND ORDER TOOK 5 DAYS...

at least Amazon had the courtesy to write to me and say it was delayed. However, An Post had it on Day 2 and Day 3 without delivering it, and because of the weekend An Post finally delivered it on Day 5.

DBB wrote: »
    Amazon weren't helpful. Said it had been signed for.
    It didn't matter so much in this instance as I did eventually get the parcel, albeit a week late and only because I was tipped off (by our great DPD courier) to try the local garage shop.

Does not matter, it's on them to prove it was delivered (provide signature).
    Tell them that you will do a charge back on your credit card. They actually take that threat seriously

ExoPolitic wrote: »
    I was on amazon prime, they use the same delivery method.. They advertise 2 day delivery but this is NEVER the case. They use the same method as free delivery for non prime.

Amazon Prime is not a service which should be for sale in Ireland. It is completely GB focused.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I didn't know this!
    I dread An Post with Amazon deliveries, they never ever attempt delivery, all I get is a card and I have to go to the depot.

When I was living in an apartment complex in Dublin, this used to happen all the time.
    Actually caught the lad coming in with a handful of slips, to throw into the communal letterboxes.

From that point on I got a buzz from downstairs when parcels arrived

My first Amazon prime took 2 days (plus the day it was ordered),
    BUT THE SECOND ORDER TOOK 5 DAYS...

at least Amazon had the courtesy to write to me and say it was delayed. However, An Post had it on Day 2 and Day 3 without delivering it, and because of the weekend An Post finally delivered it on Day 5.

Good isn't it :D Every time they slip up like that get on to them ask them what you are paying for when items take 5 days and normally you'll get the next months prime free.

jimd2 wrote: »
    This is why I only use Amazon if there is either a price difference that makes the purchase worthwhile or the product is simply unavailable in either a local or Dublin store.

Going into the store in Dublin isnt possible for everyone of course but, when its an option, it is sometimes a better option. Tower Records often have Cd's and DVD's priced competitively especially when people use parcel motel as amazon often split orders leaving multiple parcel motel costs.

I'm more and more using local stores (unless massive price difference)
    Hassle free, have the item that day, and no issues with delivery or having to arrange returns.

Customer service levels have gone up in a lot of B&M stores lately too it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

I've worked with Fastway in the past and when it comes down to leaving parcels in bins sheds etc it depends on the origin and barcode of the package. Some items can be left in porches/bins/gardens with no problem. Just a letter or leaflet through the door saying where it was etc, 90% of parcels nowadays will have the recipients phone number attached so a text message is often used. Other parcels have to be signed for and any driver leaving them without permission can get in trouble. I remember ringing a lady to say I had a parcel from HP Nutrition that required a signature and she told me just leave it in her shed so I scanned it as left in owners shed with permission and within minutes I had the main office on the phone to me asking why it was left without a signature and even when I explained I was left it at the persons own direction I was instructed to go back and get the parcel so a lot of it does come down to the origin of the package. Another thing is drivers are under serious pressure, they are paid by parcel delivered and a lot of stuff comes now as priority delivery of 48-72hrs meaning Fastway and in turn drivers are liable for late fees etc. Also, around Christmas they take on a lot of seasonal staff who use there own vans etc, these guys are on the road with no scanners or anything, just a photocopy of names addresses etc and they need only a signature. I remember speaking with a DHL driver and he said he was jealous that Fastway had that system because on his DHL scanner it even takes the GPS of where it was signed etc.

Honestly not saying this to be a dick, just the truth.
    Another thing is drivers are under serious pressure, they are paid by parcel delivered and a lot of stuff comes now as priority delivery of 48-72hrs meaning Fastway and in turn drivers are liable for late fees etc.

Not my problem, don't leave my expensive item in the garden to be stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Honestly not saying this to be a dick, just the truth.

Not my problem, don't leave my expensive item in the garden to be stolen
    Shop local maybe.
    Anyway sounds like a 'you problem'.

• Advertisement

Shop local maybe.
    Anyway sounds like a 'you problem'.

So it's a "me" problem (not my problem? a problem with me) that courier companies are shafting the people who work for them and risking my property?

Advertisement