Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon deliveries being dumped in garden

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have never had a problem with An Post either, get the text to arrange delivery, and a "Sorry we missed you" thing as I'm not normally home when the post arrives. Go to the local depot, job done.
    An Post seem to care that their job is to deliver parcels/post to people, unlike Fastway who seem to think putting it on their property is job done.

You should not have to go to local depot, AMZ have a "prism" arrangement with An Post, An Post need to attempt delivery twice the first day and also once the following morning before you have to go to any depot.

iParcel and Fastway are both cowboys who have messed up untold amount of my AMZ deliveries but thankfully I've been all An Post for the last few months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

slave1 wrote: »
    You should not have to go to local depot, AMZ have a "prism" arrangement with An Post, An Post need to attempt delivery twice the first day and also once the following morning before you have to go to any depot.

iParcel and Fastway are both cowboys who have messed up untold amount of my AMZ deliveries but thankfully I've been all An Post for the last few months...
    This is true as I do the evening prism parcels that were not delivered during the day in my local area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

C3PO wrote: »
    As part of my role I am responsible for the Postroom in a Dublin based company with 320 employees. Believe me, in the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas, staff members personal incoming parcel deliveries were very much a problem! On some days there were 50-60 parcels arriving into the building with peoples Christmas shopping, ranging in size up to 2mts x 1mts x 1/2mts. Apart from the logistics of this there is also the question of liability in the event that something goes missing!
    While we have decided that it is a perk that we are happy to offer our staff it is not something that should be underestimated and will I believe become a bigger issue over time!

Aye, in fairness I could see how that might be a pain in the face for whoever was in charge of signing for/distributing deliveries in a workplace at times like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Aye, in fairness I could see how that might be a pain in the face for whoever was in charge of signing for/distributing deliveries in a workplace at times like that.

Yeah if I had a large workplace I'd be saying either meet the courier or deliver it elsewhere. Especially when "where's my parcel mrs receptionist" becomes the issue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jk23 wrote: »
    This is true as I do the evening prism parcels that were not delivered during the day in my local area

It's not country wide though,just city's,no rural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

slave1 wrote:

Didn't know that. I live in Dublin and always have to go to the depot. They only ever make one attempt after which the missed delivery slip is shoved in the door and I have to go collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Fast ways get the business because they undercut the competition on price. Then they find that it’s not feasible to deliver at the price they quoted so they take shortcuts and leave the products on doorsteps ir at the local shop.

People should insist get they are delivered to their address, it’s what you’ve paid for after all !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I think the main point for Amazon is that they develop alternatives to An Post, if only to keep An Post costs down. But, this model just doesn't work for me, and while I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, my Amazon purchases are a small fraction of what they used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I didn't know this!
    I dread An Post with Amazon deliveries, they never ever attempt delivery, all I get is a card and I have to go to the depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sir Oxman wrote: »

I didn't know this!
    I dread An Post with Amazon deliveries, they never ever attempt delivery, all I get is a card and I have to go to the depot.
    Does your postman cycle.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Does your postman cycle.
    :) nah
    They are brutal around here no delivery attempts at all (small packets or parcels)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Well a postman is hardly going to deliver a big amazon parcel on his bike.
    I'd rather it was safe in a depot than dumped in my garden. Regardless of who the courier is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

An post have an obligation to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

This is why I only use Amazon if there is either a price difference that makes the purchase worthwhile or the product is simply unavailable in either a local or Dublin store.

Going into the store in Dublin isnt possible for everyone of course but, when its an option, it is sometimes a better option. Tower Records often have Cd's and DVD's priced competitively especially when people use parcel motel as amazon often split orders leaving multiple parcel motel costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭beachhead

Amazon,please stop using Fastway.They do the same with commercial deliveries i.e. drop a box,envelope,parcel wherever it's convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

i see it all the time everyday.parcels left on the doorstep waiting to be robbed and the one name thats on all of them is FASTWAY.I would think the contents would be expensive enough,so much so they should definitely be signed for not just left there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭elperello

An post have an obligation to deliver.

They are obliged to attempt delivery.
    If you are not in you will have to collect at a post office or depot.
    The upside of this is they will not dump it in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

listermint wrote: »
    Very poor experience with fast way. Our guy keeps leaving packages 5k up the road on a local filling station despite us telling him everytime not to. And the filling station owner also tellint him not do.

He's a lazy prick basically

Is this in Cork by any chance? I was in a filling station locally where I'm not really known but by chance a member of staff approached me about a parcel that was left for me 2 weeks previous! Jesus that's scandalous behaviour....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

orders stuff on the 12. tracking told me it was delivered on wednessday the 23. noone rang and no sign of the pckage. i think its i parcel delivering.

Well a postman is hardly going to deliver a big amazon parcel on his bike.
    I'd rather it was safe in a depot than dumped in my garden. Regardless of who the courier is

Post people around here are in vans.
    EVERY single parcel I have ordered via MAzon that is passed to An Post has never had an attempted delivery despite text notifications that it's on a van (it's not)
    Packets the size or slightly larger than an envelope never make it either - go to depot (incurring time and cost for me, the customer)

• Advertisement

beachhead wrote: »
    Amazon,please stop using Fastway.They do the same with commercial deliveries i.e. drop a box,envelope,parcel wherever it's convenient.

Amazon, please stop using AnPost (or at least give me the choice)
    I have sent complaints to Amz and AP to no avail.

elperello wrote: »
    They are obliged to attempt delivery.
    If you are not in you will have to collect at a post office or depot.
    The upside of this is they will not dump it in the garden.

Attempt twice apparently (didn't know this till this thread)
    They never attempt delivery for me, I must be special or Fonthill is badly run.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Post people around here are in vans.
    EVERY single parcel I have ordered via MAzon that is passed to An Post has never had an attempted delivery despite text notifications that it's on a van (it's not)
    Packets the size or slightly larger than an envelope never make it either - go to depot (incurring time and cost for me, the customer)

I always get a text from An Post regarding intending delivery.

So if you are at work all day Monday-Friday, when do you expect An Post to deliver it to you? Do you think they should keep trying to deliver ad nauseum until through some chance you are at home? How long before the van becomes a lorry in that case, if they have to bring every undelivered package on their round every day?

If you are in a city, postmen are on bikes. It is simply unreasonable to expect them to bring bulky packages with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

If you are in a city, postmen are on bikes. It is simply unreasonable to expect them to bring bulky packages with them.
    An post are obligated to deliver all your post. It is not my problem if the postman is on a bike. I still want my packages brought to my door. I am not going to a delivery office every time I get something big because AP can't be arsed to deliver it.

I always get a text from An Post regarding intending delivery.

So if you are at work all day Monday-Friday, when do you expect An Post to deliver it to you? Do you think they should keep trying to deliver ad nauseum until through some chance you are at home? How long before the van becomes a lorry in that case, if they have to bring every undelivered package on their round every day?

Obviously I am posting my experience including the fact I am at home.
    It would be rather foolish to complain if I am in work or away from home now wouldn't it?

I am in Dublin, small packets the size and weight of an envelope containing a few pages are never attempted to be delivered.

Any large sized parcel is texted that is out for delivery that day yet never arrives (I am in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I am lucky. The postman comes along early on the bike with letters and small packages.

The bigger stuff seems to arrive in a later in tbe day. Thry should have kept the separate parcel section. Its name i foget but they killed it too early before the online shopping took off.

A few amazon lockers would be great. They have a deal with the post offices in the North wish they would do one with an post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

jimd2 wrote: »
    This is why I only use Amazon if there is either a price difference that makes the purchase worthwhile or the product is simply unavailable in either a local or Dublin store.

Going into the store in Dublin isnt possible for everyone of course but, when its an option, it is sometimes a better option. Tower Records often have Cd's and DVD's priced competitively especially when people use parcel motel as amazon often split orders leaving multiple parcel motel costs.

I had an order recently, 4 x air fresheners £3 each, and 2 other items, so 6 in total....amazon sent every single item including the 4 air fresheners separately!! I contacted amazon to be told they might all be from different fulfillment centers or some such nonsense, I told them they’d need to pay the extra addresspal charge for being so stupid so they credited me the extra!

You just need to rake the time to complain and the companies will eventually get the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

i see it all the time everyday.parcels left on the doorstep waiting to be robbed and the one name thats on all of them is FASTWAY.I would think the contents would be expensive enough,so much so they should definitely be signed for not just left there.

They do get signed for..... By the driver he does his best attempt at your signature.
    It has happened a few times to me and you try and raise your concerns with fastway as they don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I had an order recently, 4 x air fresheners £3 each, and 2 other items, so 6 in total....amazon sent every single item including the 4 air fresheners separately!! I contacted amazon to be told they might all be from different fulfillment centers or some such nonsense, I told them they’d need to pay the extra addresspal charge for being so stupid so they credited me the extra!

You just need to rake the time to complain and the companies will eventually get the message.

no they won't, amazon are unique and they simply don't care if they dispatch from multiple locations; they obviously have their costs nailed down for transport and their fulfilment centres placed accordingly, which due to their volumes means they pay less to send more, they will credit you for the smallest issue as its no big deal for them, I couldn't list one other company that would do that for you because they likely will consolidate before sending it, amazon are a unique beast entirely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

Obviously I am posting my experience including the fact I am at home.
    It would be rather foolish to complain if I am in work or away from home now wouldn't it?

I am in Dublin, small packets the size and weight of an envelope containing a few pages are never attempted to be delivered.

Any large sized parcel is texted that is out for delivery that day yet never arrives (I am in)
    So that's your normal postie and the van delivery both not delivering to you. Seems very odd.
    Have you spoken to them about it in the depot?

I had a new postie before xmas who thought the green bin and the letterbox were equivalent. Had a word in the depot and hasn't happened again.

• Advertisement

wench wrote: »
    So that's your normal postie and the van delivery both not delivering to you. Seems very odd.
    Have you spoken to them about it in the depot?

I had a new postie before xmas who thought the green bin and the letterbox were equivalent. Had a word in the depot and hasn't happened again.

Yep, letters no problem.
    Have made an enquiry/complaint but heard nothing back but acknowledgment of the enquiry/complaint.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Only a very foolish person thinkd everything amazon sells is stocked in the one fulfillment centre.

Amazon commonly ship items separately for this reason, it's not nonsense its the reality of things.

If you get multiply AddressPal charges that's your fault, not amazon's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

No, if Amazon state that your parcels are being delivered by An Post then that is who will deliver your parcels. There should be no change.
    How do you know that ? I have had Amazon Orders telling me DHL were delivering and then AnPost show up with it , How do you know AnPost don't have a similar deal with Fastway for some routes.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Only a very foolish person thinkd everything amazon sells is stocked in the one fulfillment centre.

Amazon commonly ship items separately for this reason, it's not nonsense its the reality of things.

I ordered an Item for the less than £10 and it was sent from Italy - It was not a 3rd Party Seller , Item was sold and shipped by Amazon.

Steady on!

I was merely saying I found it foolish that four identical items not much bigger than a match box were coining in four separate deliveries, with four separate postage charges and four separate sets of packaging and four times the addresspal charge for me.

Why is it my fault, I merely ordered and paid for the stuff.

Why so aggressive?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Steady on!

I was merely saying I found it foolish that four identical items not much bigger than a match box were coining in four separate deliveries, with four separate postage charges and four separate sets of packaging and four times the addresspal charge for me.

Why is it my fault, I merely ordered and paid for the stuff.

Why so aggressive?

Aggressive?
    You have a very thin skin.

It's your fault as you are expecting amazon to cover charges from your decision to contract a third party freight forwarding service. Amazon make it clear its your job to pay such charges on their help pages.

Have you even read their help pages?

Aggressive?
    You have a very thin skin.

It's your fault as you are expecting amazon to cover charges from your decision to contract a third party freight forwarding service. Amazon make it clear its your job to pay such charges on their help pages.

Have you even read their help pages?

So you only pick on one thing I said.

You haven’t even commented on the ridiculous wasteful practice of having identical small items in more than one place.

Funny then that amazon were more than willing to give me the cost of the addresspal in the form of a refund not even a gift certificate.

So you only pick on one thing I said.

You haven’t even commented on the ridiculous wasteful practice of having identical small items in more than one place.

Funny then that amazon were more than willing to give me the cost of the addresspal in the form of a refund not even a gift certificate.

So you've not read the help pages clearly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910550

If you were given anything it was in error and the agent likely got a talking to about it.

I see you are back to wanting amazon to stock everything they sell all in the one fulfilment centre again. I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain how flawed that is and how it simply cannot and won't happen.
    :rolleyes:

So you've not read the help pages clearly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910550

If you were given anything it was in error and the agent likely got a talking to about it.

I see you are back to wanting amazon to stock everything they sell all in the one fulfilment centre again. I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain how flawed that is and how it simply cannot and won't happen.
    :rolleyes:

I can’t see a direct reference to my issue on the link you provided.

So you’d think it ok to go into a shop advertising something as in stock to be then told it has to come four different locations?

I never said I expect them to hold stock in one place, it just doesn’t make sense to me that they then have to pay four shipping costs and four packaging costs, surely it ends up costing them money?

• Advertisement

TimHorton wrote: »
    How do you know that ? I have had Amazon Orders telling me DHL were delivering and then AnPost show up with it , How do you know AnPost don't have a similar deal with Fastway for some routes.

DHL have multiple arms/divisions, ie. DHL Paket will route through into An Post, whereas DHL Express is couriered direct to your door by the guys/gals in the yellow and red vans.

I can’t see a direct reference to my issue on the link you provided.

So you’d think it ok to go into a shop advertising something as in stock to be then told it has to come four different locations?

I never said I expect them to hold stock in one place, it just doesn’t make sense to me that they then have to pay four shipping costs and four packaging costs, surely it ends up costing them money?

its basic secondary school business studies class stuff, economies of scale; the costs amazon pays the carriers is low due to volume, and their fulfilment centres being in key locations to hold stock.

do you believe that Jeff and his planners have had some massive oversight and that they should overhaul their supply chain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

BArra wrote: »
    its basic secondary school business studies class stuff, economies of scale; the costs amazon pays the carriers is low due to volume, and their fulfilment centres being in key locations to hold stock.

do you believe that Jeff and his planners have had some massive oversight and that they should overhaul their supply chain?
    The problem is transparency. A customer should know (or be given a choice) in advance, which courier will deliver, and whether their order will be split into several deliveries. They are just suiting themselves with this bullsh*t. The model is they make more in cost savings than they lose in custom from customers who give up on them. So, I get it......it's just not for me.

BArra wrote: »

All I said was that to me it just seems daft to have an order of four identical air fresheners going from different distribution centres, the order was £12 with free delivery and they refunded me £12 for the addresspal, so they paid 4xpostage and packaging and gave me £12 which the customer service agent cleared with a supervisor.

All I said was that to me it just seems daft to have an order of four identical air fresheners going from different distribution centres, the order was £12 with free delivery and they refunded me £12 for the addresspal, so they paid 4xpostage and packaging and gave me £12 which the customer service agent cleared with a supervisor.

Amazon Don't care , They just want you off the phone or webchat , I bought an Original Kindle on the US Store delviered to the US , 3 Years later when it was out of warranty I broke it , They actually put credit for the $200 I spent on the Amazon.com store on my Amazon.co.uk as they were not able to refund from .com to .co.uk , I went online and bought Samsung Galaxy Tab - They have great customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I've had nothing but horrible experiences with Fastway - They're the most unprofessional pack of ar$ehole$ ever to deal with the poor unsuspecting public.

Even if they paid you it wouldn't be worth the stress, worry and hassle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Well compared to an post. The fastway drivers usually own their Van's...ie have bought a route.. and pay for all running costs of van... to make it pay they probably don't want to spend their day driving up dirt roads to find every recipient of a parcel but try instead to drop at the nearest village.. I've got various stuff delivered over the last few years. And they actually handle large stuff that an post etc wouldn't carry..
    They delivered a second hand petrol cement mixer and stand from newry to my house in east cork for 20 euro.. jesus they made feck all out of that..
    So I don't think fastway are at all a bad courier service .. but certainly could be better for delivering Amazon stuff..
    I always use my work location for deliveries lately and I never get any problems..even my wife now uses my work address as it's way better than hoping and praying that some half decent courier guy will deliver to our house..and if they didn't deliver and we complained well there clearly not worried about private house deliveries. But if the fecked up delivering to my work address well that driver would be unemployed the next day...
    Comparing an post to fastway ain't good there really set up for deliveries of different products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Turbohymac wrote: »
    They delivered a second hand petrol cement mixer and stand from newry to my house in east cork for 20 euro.

You must have had fun getting that out of the wheelie bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

do what i did

report it as lost and they refund you :)

i ordered 4 items totaling €145

reported it lost ( was left in my garden so no sig )

and refunded all the costs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    do what i did

report it as lost and they refund you :)

i ordered 4 items totaling €145

reported it lost ( was left in my garden so no sig )

and refunded all the costs :D

Suggesting fraud is entirely unacceptable here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

piplip87 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until some of the pillars of the communities start following fsstway vans and lifting the lot. Maybe then they will cop on.

Ha that might force them to take action alright!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement