Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ads 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Don’t like it. I feel too sad watching it.

It’s a fan made project not a real John Lewis thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s a fan made project not a real John Lewis thing.

It’s really excellent, isn’t it? I was in tears at work watching it! But I did think that I wouldn’t like it as a John Lewis ad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Throw back to 1985 here for this one. Hence the poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I hate the barry's ad on the radio, it's depressing as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Jude13 wrote: »
    I hate the barry's ad on the radio, it's depressing as hell.

Especially knowing that the voiceover artist Peter Caffrey has since passed away

• Advertisement

I feel Lidl have let themselves down here. Apparently they will have lots of little ones like this. Shame considering how lovely their ad was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,834 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree with you LoughC, their ad last year was one of my favourites tbh .

That one you posted is like a generic ad with a Christmas Tree thrown in to make it Christmassy..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Kevin the Carrot one is clever, hypes up Coke even more so they'll be delighted too.
    They stole John Lewis' thunder 2 years back too by getting the slot before them and doing nothing more than having Kevin get excited about the JL advert coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

According to this the John Lewis as is out tomorrow

https://www.fm104.ie/the-buzz/john-lewis-christmas-ad-release-date-confirmed/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

DvB wrote: »
    Anyone see this before? Its part of the 'backstory' to the John Lewis 2018 advert allegedly. Quite emotional IMO.
    https://youtu.be/QqAAqa7AAl4

Think I have something in my eye after watching that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I feel Lidl have let themselves down here. Apparently they will have lots of little ones like this. Shame considering how lovely their ad was last year.

How can you get it so right one year & so wrong the next?
    Lidl should have stuck with last years advert, it was an instant classic IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Anyone see this before? Its part of the 'backstory' to the John Lewis 2018 advert allegedly. Quite emotional IMO.
    https://youtu.be/QqAAqa7AAl4

Cripes, I'm bawling. Don't do this to me on a Monday morning!

PS Makes mental note, Focus Ireland, good charity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah come on...that's not something anyone needs to see in work on a monday morning :P

Extremely well done ad.

Hit me hard when I saw it first on youtube, but as LoughC said, it appears it has nowt to do with John Lewis & isnt a christmas advert. Even if the sentiment behind it is well intentioned & fitting for the time of year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

No sign of the actual John Lewis ad yet?

No sign of the actual John Lewis ad yet?

Nope, I was thinking that rumour came out of nowhere, remember last year they had an ad teasing the actual ad... so I reckon when it does drop it'll be to much bigger fanfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Found this morning.

I suppose Barbour was a natural for winter festivity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0E8BP3hoQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Day Lewin thanks for sharing the Barbour Ad I enjoyed that

The Debenham Christmas ads are live on their YouTube channel now and honestly they’re so bad I’m not even going to share them.

• Advertisement

The Debenham Christmas ads are live on their YouTube channel now and honestly they’re so bad I’m not even going to share them.

:D

I kind of liked the first one I watched, but then I watched them all and they're so repetitive.

Tesco on the other hand nailed their ad again this year.

Tesco on the other hand nailed their ad again this year.

I like that one!!

And whats with sprouts & the bad rap they get? I like sprouts!!!

I like that one!!

And whats with sprouts & the bad rap they get? I like sprouts!!!

I like them too. But I know plenty of people who haaate them.

I think people cook Sprouts badly so they don’t get the full delicious experience.

I think people cook Sprouts badly so they don’t get the full delicious experience.

THIS!!

This is spot on both my Mam and my Mother In Law cook their sprouts for way too long. When we told them how long we cook them for they were convinced ours would be undercooked.

They weren't tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think Tesco have done well there, it's a good ad.

And sprouts are horrible!!

Not too mushy, not too hard, juat a little bit of bite & bobs yer mothers brother!!

Btw, on the subject of christmas adverts, found this playlist on youtube the other day & really enjoyed it so thought I'd share.
    https://youtu.be/QcqMxBKN4Os

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Here they are so everyone can make up their own mind :D

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Here they are so everyone can make up their own mind :D

Boooooo :pac:

Advertisement