Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC & other rallying 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone following Rally Turkey? It has been a real rally of attrition so far. Lots of broken cars and a few offs.
    Breen can’t catch a bit of luck. Really felt sorry for the guy.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

h3000 wrote: »
    Anyone following Rally Turkey? It has been a real rally of attrition so far. Lots of broken cars and a few offs.
    Breen can’t catch a bit of luck. Really felt sorry for the guy.

Bad mistake by Ogier but he was obviously shattered after his efforts in changing wishbone earlier.

Really tough on Breen especially when decisions on next years drivers line up are being taken at the moment.

Tanak will be well back into championship fight if he keeps going tomorrow. Proper 3 way race then which will be good to watch

mjhickeyie wrote: »
    Bad mistake by Ogier but he was obviously shattered after his efforts in changing wishbone earlier.

Really tough on Breen especially when decisions on next years drivers line up are being taken at the moment.

Tanak will be well back into championship fight if he keeps going tomorrow. Proper 3 way race then which will be good to watch

I think they will need Neuville to have another DNF after Turkey to catch him. I really taught Ogier would take the 30 points after Neuville’s exit and his own wonder fix on the car. He said the off was the silliest mistake of his career. He didn’t listen to Julian properly
    https://twitter.com/SebOgier/status/1040978004380446721

I always taught that Tänak was a really down to earth decent guy. This pic confirms it. Ott had also used his extinguisher to try and put out the fire.
    https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/status/1040954374284038146

I always taught that Tänak was a really down to earth decent guy. This pic confirms it. Ott had also used his extinguisher to try and put out the fire.
    https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/status/1040954374284038146

Ya, touch of class from Tanak.

It’s looking like it could be Ogier, Breen & Lappi in Citroën next year. Fingers crossed he will have his drive.

• Advertisement

It’s looking like it could be Ogier, Breen & Lappi in Citroën next year. Fingers crossed he will have his drive.

I hope that’s a full season for Craig.

I hope that’s a full season for Craig.

Ogier if off to Citroen for next year and maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Ogier fell out of love with M-Sport a long time ago. Off topic slightly but Motorsport TV went from Freesat recently and its finishing up on Sky early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Ogier if off to Citroen for next year and maybe more.

This will kick off the driver market. Hopefully Meeke will be back. Love to see him in a Ford but apparently there is something up between the 2 of them( anyone know why?). With Oiger moving, would Jari-Matti move back to Ford, Lappi maybe moving to Citroen, Meeke to Toyota. I think Tommi might be the man to keep Meeke at bay. He's been there, done that, crashed a few times, won a good bit. Don't think Citroen had not much control on Meeke. And then were does Breen fit in. If Lappi joins Oiger, is Breen back to a number 3 driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Suninen confirmed for Msport for 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

liam7831 wrote: »
    Suninen confirmed for Msport for 2019

Lappi to Citroen, Meeke to Toyota

Is Meeke confirmed?

Great if true.

Was looking at Colin Clarks kitchen table today. From what he seems to think is that Meeke might be in talks with M-Sport. Reading between the lines, maybe even before the end of the year. Wingman for Oiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Meeke may be still under contract to Citroen.

jelutong wrote: »
    Meeke may be still under contract to Citroen.

He may be, but he is driving a Fiesta WRC at rally legend next week,so if he was still under contract with Citroen would he be allowed to drive it?

Anyone on their way to Wales? It should be a good rally I think.

Anyone on their way to Wales? It should be a good rally I think.

Unfortunately not this year.

Should be very good. I see Tanak already had a little off in shakedown.
    Looks as slippery as ever.

Unfortunately not this year.

Should be very good. I see Tanak already had a little off in shakedown.
    Looks as slippery as ever.

Nor me unfortunately. I seen Tanak’s off alright. Apparently it’s a very fast entry and a very tight corner. Lots of drivers taking different lines for it.

Autosport wrote:
    Craig Breen says he is close to securing a factory World Rally Championship drive for 2019, though he would not be drawn on whether he will remain at Citroen.
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/139146/breen-ill-have-a-works-wrc-seat-for-2019?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fingers crossed he will have a drive next year.

• Advertisement

Hopefully something into this. If my memory serves me right, did Evans get the nod over Breen a few years ago. Seen a tweet from Scott Martin about been disappointed and a few days later Evans was confirmed. Meeke, Brean at M-sport.

masit wrote: »
    Hopefully something into this. If my memory serves me right, did Evans get the nod over Breen a few years ago. Seen a tweet from Scott Martin about been disappointed and a few days later Evans was confirmed. Meeke, Brean at M-sport.

Yeah. I remember that too.

Tanak is out.

Tanak is out.

Bad luck for him after a run of great rally’s.

Breen less than 2 seconds off podium now

Tanak is out.

It’s such a shame. He was a class apart from everyone else.

Looked like Oiger was out of the championship hut yesterday evening. Goes to show, never give up. Hopefully Craig will be, as he says himself "flat to the square right" tomorrow and gets on the podium if not the win!!!!

Great last day of Wales Rally GB so far. The last stage will be a cracker. Breen post 20+ seconds with a spin on SS20 and has run out of tyres now. Unless there is a problem in front his podium chances are gone unfortunately. He really showed he can be right up there with the fastest guys this weekend. Let’s hope he can keep Neuville behind on the last stage who is 8.2 behind and on a push.

Could be all over. Last stage delayed or maybe even cancelled due to an incident in Llandudno. A motorbike crash. Looks like bike show for the crowds in between the stages. Pity if it's cancelled.

Ambulance has left the scene. Earliest start time is 1.30pm

• Advertisement

Advertisement