Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iherb Food Items - VAT charges + €10 DHL charge over orders €22+

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Just got stung for €38.42 on a €150 order. Big order in fairness, never got charged customs before though... should have split it up to avoid getting stung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Just got stung for €38.42 on a €150 order. Big order in fairness, never got charged customs before though... should have split it up to avoid getting stung.
    that was always going to raise a red flag

Keep mine generally 4 or less items and less than 50 in value and have only gotten charged once in many many orders as a result of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Anyone used the free local post option as opposed to DHL?
    Are An post as stringent?
    going to try with a $40 order first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I always use the local post option and never had a problem.

Most of my orders are in the $30-£50 range but I have had a few in the $70-$85 range and was never charged anything extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

dave13 wrote: »
    Anyone used the free local post option as opposed to DHL?
    Are An post as stringent?
    going to try with a $40 order first

Never had problems with the local post option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was recently caught for 17 euro by An Post on a $34 dollar order.
    17 euro in charges , absolute joke .
    I normally keep the order under 25 dollars to avoid the possibility of customs but said I'd chance a slightly higher order as the postage was reduced.
    I knew it would backfire on me .

I was recently caught for 17 euro by An Post on a $34 dollar order.
    17 euro in charges , absolute joke .
    I normally keep the order under 25 dollars to avoid the possibility of customs but said I'd chance a slightly higher order as the postage was reduced.
    I knew it would backfire on me .

I also got stung with a customs charge on my order this week. I chose the snail-mail with An Post option to avoid extra charges, but they've obviously cottoned on to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

Does anyone know what local operator does the final mile delivery for them? I've ordered with the cheapest option, the DHL GLobal tracking said it arrived in Athlone on August 21st but I haven't received anything yet. Not even a custom's post to pay taxes. An Post couldn't help and they mentioned it might be Nightline that would be the delivery company. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I generally order 2 bottles of fish oil from iherb (70e) and never an issue.

last order was 85 cos I threw in a box of protein bars...no issue.
    But I won't be going over that

• Advertisement

Iherbs delivery charges seem to have shot up .

They're really not making it is easy for us are they lol :rolleyes:, if I was paranoid I'd swear somebody is putting pressure on them. Maybe it's just economics........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

They have, but they also fluctuate a bit, I have a repeat order and have been charged different amounts for the same order at different times.

DM-BM wrote: »
    They have, but they also fluctuate a bit, I have a repeat order and have been charged different amounts for the same order at different times.

Yes,I had noticed that ,the price of the order was changing slightly ,could not understand why.
    Almost 2 euro cheaper today than a few days ago.
    Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

DM-BM wrote: »
    Yes,I had noticed that ,the price of the order was changing slightly ,could not understand why.
    Almost 2 euro cheaper today than a few days ago.
    Odd.
    Could the differences be down to changes in the exchange rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Got stung again. The order was €79, got stung for €21.69, only €7.19 is taxes, the rest is DHL's collection fee (€14.50)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

is it cheaper to get it posted it the uk? if so use a parcel motel account

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Got stung again. The order was €79, got stung for €21.69, only €7.19 is taxes, the rest is DHL's collection fee (€14.50)!

I have an order on the way, it's under €50, it wouldn't allow me to choose the regular post option, I had to choose the cheapest local post\DHL option. I never thought of ordering in EURO and shipping to parcel motel. There has to be some kind of a stitch-up or backroom deal going on here to capitalise on online orders.

Advertisement