Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Many from 2016 get an offer? ..
    I didn’t get anything again. Fairly deflated here now.

If there just waiting to sign of your vetting you would wonder why people after you have there file signed off and all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

June 2017 and I got an offer so delighted congrats to anyone who made it.

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to be too many of us on here who got offers this evening? Either that or no ones checked emails because they weren’t expecting one

When do you need to let them know by if your taking the offer?

June 2017 and I got an offer so delighted congrats to anyone who made it.

Can I ask your OOM?

paddyCPW wrote: »
    Can I ask your OOM?

Ahh god I can’t remember my exact number but I was in the 400s. My vetting has been cleared since October and my file was sent to be signed off since December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Good to see some familiar names getting offers. No offer for me, yet.
    Plenty more offers to go out next week so keep the heads up.
    My files in a queue waiting to be signed off from my last call. Will ring again Monday and ask.

250s, June 17 to save ya asking me, Paddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

Got my offer same time as u guys starting 8th of April. I'm from the teens 2017 campaign. Hope the rest of you get your offers

Offers have to be accepted by Tuesday so for anyone who didn’t get one there is still a chance you will if people defer.

Joda96 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna set up a whatsapp haha!?

Yes this would be a good idea :)

I’ll set up the WhatsApp group if anyone wants to PM me their numbers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Does this mean they probably have their first hundred already if offers are out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Does this mean they probably have their first hundred already if offers are out?

They’ve probably given around 100 offers. Not everyone will accept. There’ll be more offers the middle of next week after the Tuesday deadline passes. Then from end of next week or week after they’ll offer the next 100 the second induction week which will be the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

mid 600's

Dumbo123 wrote: »
    mid 600's

Have you rang HRM recently? Is your file awaiting sign off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

Haven't rang since December.All was complete back then. just waiting for sign off.Hopefully will get an offer for April soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Will there be many of the 100 not accepting I wonder.
    I’m praying to god I get an offer this week. I’m desperate at this stage.
    I’m “awaiting decision” as of the last month or so. What are my chances

I'm hoping the same, should be more offers Friday hopefully :)

Have you rang HRM?

I;m still awaiting sign off since December also

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Welcome to the waiting room . please take a ticket and we will be with you at some stage between now and 2025 .
    That’s exactly how it feels for me anyway.
    You would wonder why it takes so long for a decision to be made , surely the vetting is done and dusted , and it’s either a yes or no before the commissioners office has to look at them .

Bigred88 wrote: »
    Welcome to the waiting room . please take a ticket and we will be with you at some stage between now and 2025 .
    That’s exactly how it feels for me anyway.
    You would wonder why it takes so long for a decision to be made , surely the vetting is done and dusted , and it’s either a yes or no before the commissioners office has to look at them .

I had to give additional info the start of last month. Surely it’s sorted. I’m waiting over a year now.
    2016 applicant.
    Head wrecked! ..
    I’m desperate to get in

• Advertisement

I had to give additional info the start of last month. Surely it’s sorted. I’m waiting over a year now.
    2016 applicant.
    Head wrecked! ..
    I’m desperate to get in

I’m jan 2016 too.i didn’t have to supply any additional info doh they done that themselves. Im in the same desperation boat as yourself .

I wonder has anyone called HRM today asking about more offers to go out?

paddyCPW wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone called HRM today asking about more offers to go out?

They usually do them on the same day the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123see41

I rang them she said my file is still awaiting sign off im from June 17. She said there will be more offers this week sometime but wasn't very optimistic about me getting one :(

123see41 wrote: »
    I rang them she said my file is still awaiting sign off im from June 17. She said there will be more offers this week sometime but wasn't very optimistic about me getting one :(

Keep hope. At least you’re not from 2016. I had everything completed bar the superintendents interview by the time you even applied for the gaurds and me along with others are still waiting which is almost criminal. The process is a disaster, everyone in limbo, nobody’s booking holidays or anything and it’s not fair. I hope we all get in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123see41

Keep hope. At least you’re not from 2016. I had everything completed bar the superintendents interview by the time you even applied for the gaurds and me along with others are still waiting which is almost criminal. The process is a disaster, everyone in limbo, nobody’s booking holidays or anything and it’s not fair. I hope we all get in soon

That's awful I applied in 2016 as well i passed interview stage and had to withdraw for family reasons and re applied in 2017. This waiting is a killer!!!!

• Advertisement

123see41 wrote: »
    That's awful I applied in 2016 as well i passed interview stage and had to withdraw for family reasons and re applied in 2017. This waiting is a killer!!!!

That’s unfortunate for you first time around. Fair bit of resilience to go again. I failed twice before, I’m trying since 2013 to get in. And I’m stuck at vetting here since last year :( .. heart is broke altogether, I jumped through all the hoops and turned up everywhere on time & passed it all. And then nothing from them. The waiting is killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

2016 applicant.
    Head wrecked! ..
    I’m desperate to get in

Crazy to think you applied in 2016 and they were only looking for the additional info last month.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Crazy to think you applied in 2016 and they were only looking for the additional info last month.

I know right? .. it was literal minor info, roughly along the lines I’ve a half bro under the age of 10 they needed his address. Can’t be much to hold that up

I know right? .. it was literal minor info, roughly along the lines I’ve a half bro under the age of 10 they needed his address. Can’t be much to hold that up

Yea I’d imagine that was to fill in the blanks.
    Hopefully you’ll get an offer next Friday if not before.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Yea I’d imagine that was to fill in the blanks.
    Hopefully you’ll get an offer next Friday if not before.

Yeah but it’s never that easy with them eh. You reckon there’ll be offers dished out all week? .. or just a mountain sent out Friday evening :( .. I’m praying to god

• Advertisement

Yeah but it’s never that easy with them eh. You reckon there’ll be offers dished out all week? .. or just a mountain sent out Friday evening :( .. I’m praying to god

I’d say there will be another lot of offers Wed. That’s a complete guess. Just have a feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Don't lose hope anyway if you don't get offer this week.
    I've seen on many intakes where they don't get the full quota and candidates receive offers sporadically almost right up to induction week which in this case I think is 8th & 15th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Really hope you get a place, your patience needs rewarding !

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Really hope you get a place, your patience needs rewarding !

Believe it or not despite my constant whining there’s still a hell of a lot of guys and girls in the same bit as me from 2016. And there’s a guy on this thread from JANUARY 2016. Would anyone reckon they’ll sign off a lot of people this week to get them through? .. cos that seemed to be the case other intakes. People over night were being signed off

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Believe it or not despite my constant whining there’s still a hell of a lot of guys and girls in the same bit as me from 2016. And there’s a guy on this thread from JANUARY 2016. Would anyone reckon they’ll sign off a lot of people this week to get them through? .. cos that seemed to be the case other intakes. People over night were being signed off

I'd imagine so, I'm 2016 myself and this day two weeks ago I was still waiting on vetting, then a week later awaiting sign off and got the offer on to start on Friday.
    It seems they just sign off the files that are awaiting a decision in batches when they need to send out offers. Hope all the 2016 gang get sorted it's been a long and painful wait for us all.

Joda96 wrote: »
    I'd imagine so, I'm 2016 myself and this day two weeks ago I was still waiting on vetting, then a week later awaiting sign off and got the offer on to start on Friday.
    It seems they just sign off the files that are awaiting a decision in batches when they need to send out offers. Hope all the 2016 gang get sorted it's been a long and painful wait for us all.
    If the 2016 crowd don’t get sorted this time around it’s a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odysseus85

I'm a bit stressed about this myself and I only started the testing last year haha. I handed in the doctor's note to say I can go ahead with the fitness test, that was January 11th this year and haven't heard anything since.

My issue is that I'm 34 in October and I'm afraid that this process might go on for so long that by the time I hear back I'll be over the age limit. Can anyone offer a bit of insight into this?

odysseus85 wrote: »
    I'm a bit stressed about this myself and I only started the testing last year haha. I handed in the doctor's note to say I can go ahead with the fitness test, that was January 11th this year and haven't heard anything since.

My issue is that I'm 34 in October and I'm afraid that this process might go on for so long that by the time I hear back I'll be over the age limit. Can anyone offer a bit of insight into this?

Don’t worry at all. It’s the age you are when you made ur application. You can be 36 all ya want heading in. No worries at all.

1pm deadline has passed. I would love to know how many didn’t reply/deferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Don’t worry at all. It’s the age you are when you made ur application. You can be 36 all ya want heading in. No worries at all.

Yes but the time u finish whole training u will be 38 and have to do around 20/30 yrs of service for ur retirement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

The stress of checking emails now every two minutes ,anyone any idea when next batch of offers might be out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

AniaSz wrote: »
    Yes but the time u finish whole training u will be 38 and have to do around 20/30 yrs of service for ur retirement

You'll have to retire at 60 unless you manage to climb the ranks and get to retire at 63. Think you have to buy years of service to cover the pension gap. Guards contributions are more expensive than other contributions in the public service afaik (but could be wrong). AND you'll have to wait til 68 before you can get the state pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

From 2017 Campaign. OOM low 200s. ''Vetting Outstanding'' for the last year. I feel for anyone in 2016 cause I feel like pulling my hair out. They won't release any info due to GDPR and all that. Told me the Local Vetting was done so would that only leave Family. I've relations in Scotland and Austraillia/New Zealand. Would it be them that's holding it up? She said there is NOTHING i can do....

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    From 2017 Campaign. OOM low 200s. ''Vetting Outstanding'' for the last year. I feel for anyone in 2016 cause I feel like pulling my hair out. They won't release any info due to GDPR and all that. Told me the Local Vetting was done so would that only leave Family. I've relations in Scotland and Austraillia/New Zealand. Would it be them that's holding it up? She said there is NOTHING i can do....

Did they say that today? That’s a shame...it would be so handy if we could help with our file.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LM895

I’m June 2017 OOM mid 100s, Everything done since last July.. My vetting is also still outstanding! They said that vetting can take anywhere between 6 months to 3 years! The wait is a killer..!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

LM895 wrote: »
    I’m June 2017 OOM mid 100s, Everything done since last July.. My vetting is also still outstanding! They said that vetting can take anywhere between 6 months to 3 years! The wait is a killer..!

If i were you i would get on to the local superintendent that you had your interview with because he/she does your local vetting and calls your references/ past employers ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Brian14 wrote: »
    If i were you i would get on to the local superintendent that you had your interview with because he/she does your local vetting and calls your references/ past employers ect.

Yeah and if you seen the superintendent and she signed off that means your local vetting is complete on their end ,it's the outside agency that takes up the most time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LM895

Yeah and if you seen the superintendent and she signed off that means your local vetting is complete on their end ,it's the outside agency that takes up the most time

Ya I met the superintendent and he signed it off and said he was sending it back to HQ the following day.. seems to be the outside agency holding things up! It’s a strange process!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

Just curious if anyone has their file signed off and is currently waiting on an offer? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Brian14 wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone has their file signed off and is currently waiting on an offer? Thanks in advance

I am still waiting sign off, yesterday they said someone was checking it so hopefully signed off soon?

Have you rang them recently?

Advertisement