Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep people scared

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

This thread sees the mixing up and befuddlement of traditional conspiracy fantasies.

I can straighten things out.

According to the orthodoxy of wacko theory people are kept scared so they buy products and services that will protect them from that which they fear. Such fears cultivated by Big business, wealth holders, the Hapsburgs and the lizard people.

Also people will accept strong state powers or draconian measures from the 'man' because those policies will protect them from the conjured bogie man.

The "keeping people in their houses" story falls short in logic and dramatic narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Fear sells. The english tabloids are a good example of this. Whether it's the EU straightening bananas or immigrants stealing jobs and benefits, there's a market there for scared, angry people. It sells papers and ad-clicks.

Unfortunately, that can be advantageous to those in charge. Sometimes governments will use this fear for their own ends. Tony Blair, with the help of The Sun (headline "Brits 45mins from doom"), for example made a meal out of Saddam Hussein's threat to humanity with nonsense about being able to deploy chemical weapons within 45 minutes. You may remember that this was in fact, bullshít but it suited his aim. He wanted war and Murdoch likes money (and influence).

It isn't always like that and at times, governments want to pretend that everything is peachy. But with regard to the OP, they don't want us staying in and afraid. Sometimes they just use a bit of fear to satisfy their own ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

This thread sees the mixing up and befuddlement of traditional conspiracy fantasies.

According to the orthodoxy of wacko theory people are kept scared so they buy products and services that will protect them from that which they fear. Such fears cultivated by Big business, wealth holders, the Hapsburgs and the lizard people.

Also people will accept strong state powers or draconian measures from the 'man' because those policies will protect them from the conjured bogie man.

The "keeping people in their houses" story falls short in logic and dramatic narrative.

So the conspiracy theorists (not you I must add for the planks who will reply not understanding you are explaining somebodies viewpoint but not agreeing with it) think things like the patriot act are passed while the government has fear levels high. Then use it to have more powers to control you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,701 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

So the conspiracy theorists (not you I must add for the planks who will reply not understanding you are explaining somebodies viewpoint but not agreeing with it) think things like the patriot act are passed while the government has fear levels high. Then use it to have more powers to control you?

It's all one big swirling toilet. The fecal matter has entered your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It's to keep the private sector worker's indoors so they don't see the public sector workers getting chauffeured to work in maybacs from their mansions and yachts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Might have to go back on the Beamish,sorted Ireland's woes vv simple every Fri night in flannerys pub, glasheen,,*****""mind you Mr Beamish was on board

Is that Flannerys in Glasheen just off Sandy mount avenue in Cork

Oh I remember it well if that's it, used to live there in the 90's back in my student day's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I didn't realise THE government is question was actually the American Government. Well that's a whole different kettle of fish being flushed down the swirling toilet.

I didn't realise THE government is question was actually the American Government. Well that's a whole different kettle of fish being flushed down the swirling toilet.

A kettle of fish would block a toilet. That’s just being facetious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lizard people, gotcha. Don't worry, I won't say jooz out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

It swirls the opposite way in Australia...

• Advertisement

It's not so outlandish as you might think.

Real Housewives Of Sydney star Athena X Levendi revealed her less-than-glamorous side this week when she shared a video of herself cleaning her family toilet using a kettle.

It's not so outlandish as you might think.

Real Housewives Of Sydney star Athena X Levendi revealed her less-than-glamorous side this week when she shared a video of herself cleaning her family toilet using a kettle.

Jesus it’s not as if she cleaned her kettle using her toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Might have to go back on the Beamish,sorted Ireland's woes vv simple every Fri night in flannerys pub, glasheen,,*****""mind you Mr Beamish was on board

Beamish used to be delicious,Diageo I believe bought it and ****ed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

Conspiracy theorists would believe that 9/11 was a 'false flag' operation to allow the US Industrial Military Complex to use force to gain greater control of Oil producing regions in the Middle East. And that there is mass surveillance of civilian population etc.

Such ideas are contingent upon human beings - in this case, those in power - having a level of intelligence, organisation, foresight and discretion that my/our experience tends to suggest isn't there.

Jesus it’s not as if she cleaned her kettle using her toilet

That's what they want you to think.

I know an expert plumber - he's scandalously expensive but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Can anyone remind me. Is it shiny side inside or out on the tinfoil?

Pinch Flat wrote: »

It should be shiny side out, to act as a reflector, but the government (American I think) don't want you to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Depends whether your trying to keep the crazy in or out.

Tinfoil hats let in more thought control rays than ordinary headgear. Big government have fooled the people into believing the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It should be shiny side out, to act as a reflector, but the government (American I think) don't want you to know that.

What they don't want you to know is that the foil is aluminum, the most they will let you think is that it may be aluminium.
    I've already said too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I'm thinking this is one for the Conspiracies forum, where all the experience and knowledge needed to dissect this topic can be found.

Please note the change of forum and forum rules

Hold tight while I close and move this to the mothership,

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement