Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep people scared

Options
  • 08-02-2019 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

I’ve seen a lot over the years that the government want to scare people to keep them indoors.
    Hence the scary news articles etc. it’s usually spouted by conspiracy theorists.

So after hours why does the government want to scare us into staying at home. What’s to gain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They don't.

\thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Ah the two lads again

One saying something condescending and the other trying to make a joke. Both thanking each other.
    Round and round they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If we're at home then we aren't planning to overthrow them down the pub.
    I don't know about ye but I always know how to fix the country after a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah the two lads again

Government Agents!!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Ah the two lads again

Keep starting crap threads, you place yourself square in the crosshairs. Welcome to AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I’ve seen a lot over the years that the government want to scare people to keep them indoors.
    Hence the scary news articles etc. it’s usually spouted by conspiracy theorists.

So after hours why does the government want to scare us into staying at home. What’s to gain?

Give us a few examples ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Nothing. They don’t. The government doesn’t control the media for one, secondly if we stayed at home and didn’t shop or work the economy and tax base would collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Whats to gain from people being told to be afraid of the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, is there a single source for your conspiracy theory? :D

dd9.jpeg

Ah the two lads again

One saying something condescending and the other trying to make a joke. Both thanking each other.
    Round and round they go.
    The premise is ridiculous and warrants no other comment than "they don't".

Give some examples. What do you actually mean?

It wasn't condescending, just succinct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The only conspiracy is FF/FG and FG/FF telling you the rest are worser and it works ;)

biko wrote: »
    OP, is there a single source for your conspiracy theory? :D

dd9.jpeg

I’m not saying it’s true. Read my op again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It'd be great if they had the wherewithal to pull it off.

Outside of North Korea I can't think of another Government that could manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Watch out cashes husband's about......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They need to reboot the matrix. Then we can go out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I remember when the whole seperate your rubbish thing came in and some old guy cursing the gubberment saying they've ruined his life.
    Brian Cowens ears must have been roasted.

It was all a conspiracy to keep him busy, so he couldn't get out for a few pints.

He tried just threw it all into the different bin's, no mercy...

Our row of house's got a warning letter saying someone's contaminated the last collection..

He tossed the broken deep fat friar in with the oil and all into the waste paper bin...

It was some laugh I tell you

I’m not saying it’s true. Read my op again.
    Ok. What have you seen over the years? If a lot, as you say, then a few examples might help spark a discussion.

The premises is ridiculous and warrants no other comment than "they don't".

Give some examples. What do you actually mean?

It wasn't condescending, just succinct.

Hold on a minute , I think I hear some horsemen outside in the storm .

Yup, there's four of 'em .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The OP is Alex Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’m out at the moment.

It’s a bit windy.

Please don’t tell the government.

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »
    I’m out at the moment.

It’s a bit windy.

Please don’t tell the government.

The Government knows.

Whatever about the Government I reckon Suckerberg and Co are feeding us horror tales to keep us in watching ads on The Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

If we're at home then we aren't planning to overthrow them down the pub.
    I don't know about ye but I always know how to fix the country after a few pints.
    Might have to go back on the Beamish,sorted Ireland's woes vv simple every Fri night in flannerys pub, glasheen,,*****""mind you Mr Beamish was on board

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why do I always feel like somebody's watching me ain't got no privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Of course they are going to spout and say it. Being perpetually scared is the mode of living for 90% of those lads, hence - they are the ones stuck inside all day, scared to go outside, glued to all the scary news articles in the faint hope the next spectacular September 11th is going to arrive so they can royally come all over the place off to it. These are the same boys that then blame "the government" for the fact that they are the ones that have locked their own selves, in their own houses, to feed on their own fear addiction.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-government-and-media-preach-fear

Here’s a link here for the people who think everybody should have a link in their back pocket. I’d wonder what they do in real life. **** happens that doesn’t have a page on the internet sometimes.
    At roughly five o clock I got home from work. There is no link for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

They don't.

\thread.

actually they do, there is a concerted effort to create more laws and more control by getting people worked up and wanted state support. The tricks is to keep people uneasy and worried so they actually want these controls.

fools who spout bullsh1t like -there should be a law for/against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-government-and-media-preach-fear

Here’s a link here for the people who think everybody should have a link in their back pocket. I’d wonder what they do in real life. **** happens that doesn’t have a page on the internet sometimes.
    At roughly five o clock I got home from work. There is no link for that.

That's just a link to somebody else asking the question!

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's just a link to somebody else asking the question!

Shaddup , will ya .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shaddup , will ya .

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement