Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Signed up Friday, port was scheduled for this morning...which was probably too ambitious on my behalf but I couldn’t change it as there was no assigned number or option to change in my account.

They must have ported over as my old VM SIM isn’t working now. Not the end of the world as it’s a backup SIM I mostly use for travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

long_b wrote: »
    Ordered 16th, order says "In Progress".
    No sign of SIM. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here, and on MyGoMo it shows like I already received it. I'd wait for full 5 working days and then contact support.

What strange, it was saying order processing, now this thing has all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Ordered on the 15th. Sim arrived yesterday without any notification from An Post. Changed my port time to 10.00 this morning so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Ordered Wed 16th at 11:35 am and received the SIM this morning.

Have a dual SIM phone, so going to test is for the day before porting. My main use is streaming online radio / music in the car, so will give the commute a couple of goes before porting..

Download speeds between 9 & 11 on first tests, compared to 16 on 3, which isn't bad. Will see what it's like at home and on the journey!

I'm getting a "H" symbol rather than 3G or 4G - does that mean I'm on 2G?!

H is 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Ordered on 16th, haven't received yet but when I login to my account on the website, move date is set as the 24th.

From what I've read previously on this thread, I'll be charged a full month for just 1 week in October (assuming I get the sim by the 24th)

Can I avoid this by changing the move date to 1st November?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Is there voicemail on this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

There has been voicemail since the days of Eircell so I would say there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Ordered on 16th, haven't received yet but when I login to my account on the website, move date is set as the 24th.

From what I've read previously on this thread, I'll be charged a full month for just 1 week in October (assuming I get the sim by the 24th)

Dates are the same as mine and I received this morning, so you'll most likely get it today too.

Moving your number makes no odds to billing.. You've signed up when you ordered the SIM. You'll receive a functioning SIM (with a different number) and moving your number is just another step..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The voicemail isnt working, or at least accessible for a lot of people at the moment.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

TIL people still use voicemail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

SIMs arrived yesterday. One works perfectly, the other everything works except outbound calls and get a message saying outbound calling is barred. Anyone any idea what this would happen? Both SIMs were ported from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,109 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it the credit limit, the activation fee plus your 2 x monthly rental take you over the €30pm account cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Just ported . My phone is Samsung j4 plus I can only opt for LTE /3g/2g in network settings . Does this mean I cant get 4 g . I have the APN setting correct . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My porting is taking a while. Suppose I just need to wait it out.

I checked out the sim to do some speed tests. Weird results. Ping is about a third of what's on Virgin, but download speed is 10% of the speed. Upload is faster on Gomo. Download speed result was weird, but from a quick browsing check there was nothing wrong with the speed, either opening up pages or watching videos.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You have already paid Octobers bill, this is the 9.99 activation fee, you wont be charged again until the 1st November. The charge has nothing to do with the move date as once you are assigned an 085 number, you have an active account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

My phone is Samsung j4 plus I can only opt for LTE /3g/2g in network settings . Does this mean I cant get 4 g .

LTE = 4G

Just ported . My phone is Samsung j4 plus I can only opt for LTE /3g/2g in network settings . Does this mean I cant get 4 g . I have the APN setting correct . Thanks
    LTE is 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

That's great ! Thanks a mill . Porting was without problems. I ordered sim on 16th received this morning for anyone wondering .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

pissed wrote: »
    Ordered on the 15th. Sim arrived yesterday without any notification from An Post. Changed my port time to 10.00 this morning so fingers crossed.

Signal from 48 went off at 10.10 and port complete.

so was anyone here not at home when their sim was delivered and had to reschedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

I have ordered a SIM on 17th October. Still waiting to arrive. No dispatch email or any sign. Wondering if they provide support by phone.

so was anyone here not at home when their sim was delivered and had to reschedule?

Yep. Mine failed delivery last Wednesday. I rescheduled delivery the same day. Package didn’t move an inch so I went and collected it from the sorting office yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

3 sims arrived to us, me and 2 friends at different addresses and none were signed for, just dropped into letterbox.

They weren't delivered with regular post and came afterwards in the Parcel Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

One yesterday was signed by the postie and same happened today, nobody home but delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Ordered SIM on 16th October, arrived this morning by regular post and didn't have to sign for it. Had originally requested to port over on 3rd November but changed that on gomo.ie this morning to port at 11am today. Received text notification at 11.02 am from Gomo that port over was complete.

Yep. Mine failed delivery last Wednesday. I rescheduled delivery the same day. Package didn’t move an inch so I went and collected it from the sorting office yesterday

hmmm I'll be at work in the morning the rest of this week and I'm only free weekend mornings unfortunately. I haven't got a notification e-mail yet saying it's out for delivery though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody cross reference the number on the sim to the number assigned to you on your online account?

I got my first sim delivered this morning but the sim number is a different number to what was assigned to me online.

Onto chat, I’ve received the incorrect sim so have to get another now.

hmmm I'll be at work in the morning the rest of this week and I'm only free weekend mornings unfortunately. I haven't got a notification e-mail yet saying it's out for delivery though.
    The local sorting office here is open till 7pm. I flew over yesterdayafter work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I also got no notification of postage. It will just arrive.

• Advertisement

Squiggle wrote: »
    Ordered SIM on 16th October, arrived this morning by regular post and didn't have to sign for it. Had originally requested to port over on 3rd November but changed that on gomo.ie this morning to port at 11am today. Received text notification at 11.02 am from Gomo that port over was complete.
    Mine has been in progress since 9:30 this morning. Still hasn't completed apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement