Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auxiliary Fire Services

Options
  • 03-03-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Blanchardstown AFS are recruiting into the class if you are up for a challenge and meeting new people contact me by email at blanchafs@gmail.com

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi.

If you give us more information like the cost of the course, the duration, the location, if there's any certification involved, who is officially conducting the course and so on, we will be more than happy to add this to the Sticky on the outside of the forum at the very top.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

This is not a course this is an ad to become a member of the Blanch unit of Dublin civil defence, auxiliary fire service. Check out www.dublincivildefence.com for what being a member is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Blanchardstown AFS are recruiting into the class if you are up for a challenge and meeting new people contact me by email at blanchafs@gmail.com

i thought you could only apply to the DCD headquarters at the Esplanade? i rang them two years ago and enquired about the AFS but was told the waiting list was long and six months later I still had heard nothing more.
    someone told me you have to sit a two hour theory exam before being accepted a s a full member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

@ Fuinseog

MOD'S Forgive me if this is deemed as off topic.

I went through central ie an information night, acting as a casualty on excercise, a 12 week medical course, physical assesment for the AFS,medical, interview and finally getting the go ahead for my unit.

This took over a year to do :mad:

When I arrived for my first night of training , I got talking to a few of the lads who had literally just strolled in on one of the training evenings. Needles to say I was bulling.

Most AFS units will accpet you if you turn up on a training evening so find your local unit and drop down. I believe that a centralised recruitng process ie the one I did will become the norm very soon. So definatley get in touch with your unit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

Fuinseog wrote: »
    i thought you could only apply to the DCD headquarters at the Esplanade? i rang them two years ago and enquired about the AFS but was told the waiting list was long and six months later I still had heard nothing more.
    someone told me you have to sit a two hour theory exam before being accepted a s a full member.

Centralised recruitment does indeed take place but i think they realised it was taking people too long to get to the class stage best is get in touch with ur closest class my class recently advertised ourselves and got new members we should be taking in another bunch in a few months as far as i am awear

• Advertisement
Advertisement