Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I put a deposit on a classic car

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

noelf wrote: »
    When you get used to them you would get to love them ..

https://youtu.be/UP4efXv4Yb0

Thanks a million for bring so generous with your time and information. It's great to see that there are realistic options for Irish cars to be restored outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

That's what I love about Boards.ie you learn so much from other people's experiences and advice ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Great thread - my parents had a few 2cv's and Dianes when we were in primary school (all in 30's now) and we used to be mortified being dropped off in them, but have a real soft spot for them now. There was a particular time my mother brought 3 of our friends to a football match, as everyone wanted a spin in a yellow and black 2cv, and she got lost and never made it - school was missing 3 of the best players and lost the match :P

Called into the guys in Kingscourt today as I am getting different bits improved on the car. Great to see the progress on the Mercedes 190 SL roadster now that it has been painted since I made the first post on this thread cost of the work so far €17000 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

I love those old Citroen vans.
    I thought the car on the lift above the SL was a Fiat 500 (from the rear) but the 2nd pic reveals its one of those bubble cars (BMW Isetta ??)

• Advertisement

Bang on tc .. this wrx was outside as well ..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Fantastic colour noelf

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jucko

theres an opel gt there too

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

did you say that they sourced the car? or am i mistaken?

Yes they did indeed .. here's a photo before the work started ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

All in all did it come in on your budget, and no doubt you got a far better car than anything
    available at the time.

Yes in budget no extra expenses but because of Brexit transport costs have gone up with direct ferries from France..

Joined the Irish Citroen 2CV Club recently and went on a tour with them recently around Offaly and Tipperary car ran very well had the carburettor tuned before going as the engine was cutting out on tick over..

Advertisement