Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I put a deposit on a classic car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

Sadly they were my Brothers, we had an arrangement, he bought em n I fixed em :). My own current machines are a 1990 Mr2 and an old Talbot camper (project) which I am in the process of putting back on the road. He has a 2CV van and a DS at the moment. Guess old metal is a bit of a passion in the family. Pity we dont have decent weather here to enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

Latest pictures..

Should be back in Ireland early December..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Simple engineering means simple maintainence.
    Enjoy.:)

Update car is likely to be back in Ireland next weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Its looking great, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

noelf wrote: »
    Latest pictures..

Hard to find any fault with that..its look's the read deal.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

Latest photos from Poland this evening..

Way to go, stripped back to the makers name.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is that €10,500 all in car included? Hardly?

Yes all in ;)
    The next 2CV that they are going to do will be a ev though ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wow.

Irrelevant of the value of the car, to have a mint condition classic car that you can display and enjoy for €10,500 is amazing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You wont beat that value.
    Well done

Thanks lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Super Job, wishing you happy motoring.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jucko

looks fantastic, i just saw an Aston Martin Lagonda, the wedge, leaving kingscourt, must be from their shop

Car will be in Kingscourt this Sunday .. NCT is booked for the 07/12/2020 in Kells .. :)

Car will be in Kingscourt this Sunday .. NCT is booked for the 07/12/2020 in Kells .. :)

You must be mad excited.

Do stick up some more pics when you collect it.

Last pictures from Poland before it's on the way back ..
    Not sure about the colour of wheels and side exiting exhaust ?? Wait and see I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Brilliant thread, I've been keeping an eye out for 2CV and this is avery interesting way of getting one right. Be very intersted to hear how you find it when you have had time to play with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

yeah, the side exit is not standard, I would ask them to address that, the wheel color I reckon is a Citroen ral color but I would agree that it was a poor pick to suit the car. Apart from that it is super, I wish you happy motoring for many years :D

• Advertisement

Got to see it today in Kingscourt very happy with it wouldn't change anything :)
    Can't wait till next Monday when it will be NCT 'ed ..

Top quality work that. Fair play for commissioning it.

Are you going to leave the side exhaust after all ?

Looks spot on to me.

Yeah I'm going to leave it .. met the guy who built it today from Poland and we had a great chat about the build including the thickness of the metal used in the construction :)

Passed the NCT today on recheck vin plate was forgotten to be reapplied after restoration .. NCT tester said it was the best he had seen .. I'm the 4th owner of the car !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

You'll head for the Med. in that, Noel

Took a short spin in it tonight will take a bit of readjustment before I am back in the groove ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Amazing thread and great price, congrats

Well done on the pass - sometimes you just never know what will happen, even with a complete nut and bolt restoration.

I would not normally have any interest in a 2CV, but that really is class. Really top quality work.

Hopefully you get to enjoy it next spring / summer.

When you get used to them you would get to love them ..

https://youtu.be/UP4efXv4Yb0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Got to see it today in Kingscourt very happy with it wouldn't change anything :)
    Can't wait till next Monday when it will be NCT 'ed ..

Looks fab. I like the wheels - didn't even spot the exhaust 'til you said it. I wouldn't bother tbh: just get out & drive/enjoy it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement