Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Clare McKeown. She had a late night chat show on rte 2 and a radio show on one of the Dublin stations but haven't seen her with 10 yrs at least.

I was trying to remember her name in relation to this thread. I remember the RTE 2 chat show, circa 1998 don't know if it ran very long. She just disappeared totally from view.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pamela Izevbekhai or Pamela Issiwayhi

Almost took Philip Boucher-Hayes out of the spotlight too. RTE let you back after a bit of time out for virtually anything, though - Aoife Kavanagh was gone for less than 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

liam7831 wrote: »
    Would you mind passing on this info to Leo, he's out of his mind with worry
    Was that the blonde Russian one?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Kevin Sharkey. Yeah I know he still pops up from time to time but it's always for the wrong reasons these days. Going bankrupt,court cases etc.

Another Sharkey, Fergal from The Undertones.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

tipptom wrote: »
    Was that the blonde Russian one?

yep. twas indeed.

• Advertisement

Emer McCourt who played the lead role in the movie Hush-a-Bye Baby which was controversial at the time it came out. She was in a few independent British movies after including Ken Loaches Riff Raff but seemed to disappear from films circa mid 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

A lot of young Irish actors sort of pop up and then drift off.
    And then years later - they pop up in Fair City.

Anyone remember this black American girl with dreadlocks who used to do backing vocals with Hothouse Flowers when they started becoming known? I have some vague memory of her maybe appearing on Nighthawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Tom McDermott The Irish dude from Omagh who was on the first UK Big Brother

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In fairness, pretty much every Big Brother contestant has dropped out of sight. Only a handful made any sort of impression after they appeared on the show, and even they're mostly MIA at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Clare McKeown. She had a late night chat show on rte 2 and a radio show on one of the Dublin stations but haven't seen her with 10 yrs at least.

Thanks be to Jesus

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Zaph wrote: »
    In fairness, pretty much every Big Brother contestant has dropped out of sight. Only a handful made any sort of impression after they appeared on the show, and even they're mostly MIA at this stage.

I can't even remember that guy and the first series of BB was the only one I watched.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Aonghus McAnally
    aongh.jpg

Series producer on RTE's Liveline now.

Simon Young was a DJ on RTE's "The Beat Box" back in the day and also, occasionally appeared on the Den in the early 90s.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Series producer on RTE's Liveline now.

Simon Young was a DJ on RTE's "The Beat Box" back in the day and also, occasionally appeared on the Den in the early 90s.
    :)

Simon has had some serious health issues over the years and I'm just glad he's still with us.....himself and Dustin doing their take on Garda Patrol was a highlight of my younger days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

If only jedward could be added to this list.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Simon has had some serious health issues over the years and I'm just glad he's still with us.....himself and Dustin doing their take on Garda Patrol was a highlight of my younger days

Yes. I agree completely with that. All the best to him for the future. Him and dustin were absolutely hillarious on the den back in the day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Just thought of Georgia salpa today. Although I have stopped reading daily newspapers in the same time frame I've noticed her missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Just thought of Georgia salpa today. Although I have stopped reading daily newspapers in the same time frame I've noticed her missing

Married an investment banker, had twins with a surrogate and now known as Georgia Penna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Kerri-Ann - No. 1 hit and rumours of a "relationship" with Stephen Gately (PR cobblers, at most) and then nothing...
    A bit of internet sleuthing shows her to be Kerrie Ann Keogh born 3 Dec 1977. She was a stylist to the stars (well, Jordan) in 2006 and now works for M&M Production Management

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Couple of posters in this thread asking about Velcro Girl.

She's married to Dave Moore of Dermot & Dave fame on Today FM. And her name is Tracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Bressie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

amdublin wrote: »
    Bianca Lucyx

Actually it was Bianca Luykx.

I wonder if she is any relations to Albert Luykx who imported guns with Charlie Haughey and the two army officers during the 1970's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsmurphy1916

I think she went to India to find herself and has set up a beautiful Spa type small hotel in Kerala in India

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bibi, lives in Cork TMK. Has appeared on the Afternoon Show and does some radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wasn't she on the late late or something recently desperately trying to get work in Ireland?

TV is kind of a dead medium. Even my parents dont watch it as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

When will Anton Savage pop up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

samantha mumba but she seems to be appearing with a poor me story in the indo every few months.

neris wrote: »
    samantha mumba but she seems to be appearing with a poor me story in the indo every few months.

Louis Walsh managed her....... the only one he properly managed that didnt do well was Shane Filan. The rest of his stable all had their financial investments taken care of properly. He went out home to become a property developer in Sligo or somewhere and it all went to crap with the financial bubble of 2006.

Sorry No interest there. She did well for the talent she had in the States and Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    When will Anton Savage pop up again?

He was on Moncrieff last week and on The Restaurant over the weekend.

Samantha Mumba seems to be on that TV3 6/7 o'clock schedule filler yokey.

Advertisement