Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does food allergy blood test work?

Options
  • 08-05-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I've tried googling to see if there is evidence these tests work or not.

Its a mixed bag. There's sites saying they work and others saying the don't.

I guess the jury is still out. I am trying to make up my mind before I go ahead and pay for blood test kit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not aware of any evidence they work, in terms of giving you evidence of food allergies. They "work" in the sense that they identify an immune response, the problem is that this is perfectly normal, and doesn't indicate any allergy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Not aware of any evidence they work, in terms of giving you evidence of food allergies. They "work" in the sense that they identify an immune response, the problem is that this is perfectly normal, and doesn't indicate any allergy!

Thanks Macey.

Advertisement