Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-07-2013, 11:32   #1
Gamer Bhoy 89

Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer Bhoy 89
Games with Gold

As this thread is the main Games with Gold thread, I thought that I'd add some information on what Games with Gold actually is to the OP.

CatInABox

<EDIT>

Games with Gold is one of the benefits of having an Xbox Live Gold subscription, as Microsoft are now giving away games each month to it's subscribers. Here's some details on it.

What is it?

On Xbox 360, there are two free games each month, The first is available on the 1st of the month, which is then replaced by the second on the 16th of the month.
On Xbox One, there is one new game available each month, with the previous months game also available.

Do I own the games?

On Xbox 360, once you download the game, then you own it for all time, even if you no longer pay for Xbox Live Gold.
On Xbox One, you must have a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription to be able to play any game acquired through "Games with Gold".

How do I get the free games?

On your Xbox console, there should be a tile with "Games with Gold" on it.

On your PC, you can go here to download them.

</EDIT>

I couldn't find any thread discussing this but, it says a free game will be available on the 1st of July (Today). Although it's 11.30 in the morning, what time should we expect to see the next game?

For convenience (I'm in work at the moment) I'd like to begin the download before I finish at 4pm so that it's there for me when I get home. Also, what game is it that's coming out? Does anyone have a list of the games that are to be released on this thing?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Last edited by CatInABox; 17-03-2015 at 14:09.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-07-2013, 11:34   #2
2Mad2BeMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamercfc View Post
I couldn't find any thread discussing this but, it says a free game will be available on the 1st of July (Today). Although it's 11.30 in the morning, what time should we expect to see the next game?

For convenience (I'm in work at the moment) I'd like to begin the download before I finish at 4pm so that it's there for me when I get home. Also, what game is it that's coming out? Does anyone have a list of the games that are to be released on this thing?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
theirs no list
they only announce what games on the dates their suppose to be announced
last night around 12:15am the free game for the 1st of this month was announced

its , tower defence : the awakening or some **** like that haha

even though it still says 800msp to download, i assume it will be free before 4pm
(2) thanks from:
01-07-2013, 11:42   #3
tim3000

I think the first two are Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2. Haven't been online myself yet today but it say it will be up by the time you will be finished from work.

As far as I know there isn't a complete list. I think its just a choice of two games per month and once that month is over then they are unavailable for free after that
Thanks from:
01-07-2013, 11:53   #4
2Mad2BeMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3000 View Post
I think the first two are Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2. Haven't been online myself yet today but it say it will be up by the time you will be finished from work.

As far as I know there isn't a complete list. I think its just a choice of two games per month and once that month is over then they are unavailable for free after that
nope their not the first two free
wish they were but their not
you and alot of other people have been decieved my friend :/

was up on the xbox.com website and up on major nelsons twitter , what the first game will be for free

EDIT: i think their changing the game now? cause its not up on the offical xbox.com website anymore
probably because theirs uproar over it on the xbox forums haha
major nelson needs to be sacked!

Last edited by 2Mad2BeMad; 01-07-2013 at 11:55.
(2) thanks from:
01-07-2013, 11:57   #5
Gamer Bhoy 89

Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer Bhoy 89
So is it Halo 3, Assassin's Creed or Tower Defence?

EDIT: Sorry I never saw the previous comment above me.
Advertisement
01-07-2013, 12:01   #6

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ld-subscribers
01-07-2013, 12:03   #7
Kerplunk124

LOL

http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/games-...o-3-for-july/#
01-07-2013, 12:11   #8
niallon

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/205614.../#post85328337

I'd imagine this will be the best place to see what the new games are as they come, we're all professional digital bargain hunters in there ;-)
01-07-2013, 13:55   #9

Wow got a little sick in my mouth when I saw this

Quote:
This month with a PlayStation Plus subscription you could download, for free: Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Catherine, The Cave, Demon's Souls, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

That's not counting the free Vita titles: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and Sine Mora.
7 years on a gold sub and this is what ms throws at us ....... I know I know free is free etc etc but come on
Advertisement
01-07-2013, 14:14   #10
tim3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
nope their not the first two free
wish they were but their not
you and alot of other people have been decieved my friend :/

was up on the xbox.com website and up on major nelsons twitter , what the first game will be for free

EDIT: i think their changing the game now? cause its not up on the offical xbox.com website anymore
probably because theirs uproar over it on the xbox forums haha
major nelson needs to be sacked!
Google tells me that you are right. This hasnt been a good month and a half for xbox haha
01-07-2013, 14:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by calex71 View Post
Wow got a little sick in my mouth when I saw this

7 years on a gold sub and this is what ms throws at us ....... I know I know free is free etc etc but come on
The big problem is MS are giving you the games where Sony kind of rents them, I doubt someone at EA or Squeenix would allow them to give away games like Hitman or Kingdom of Amalur for nothing after both underperformed sale wise.
Tbh AC:II is the best one anyway.
01-07-2013, 14:39   #12
Pushtrak

You could be charitable and say MS don't have to do much to one up themselves, but really, they've a long way to go to impress in comparison to PS+. Lots of people are looking at PS+ and knowing it will hold true for PS4, and MS aren't even confirmed for doing their games for gold thing for the One. They need to impress with the One to give an indication it is sound thinking they might be interested in following this strategy with the One. If they're only giving titles that are years old, how likely is it the One will follow the strategy? And if publishers have such issue with it, why does PS+ do it? I really don't think the distinction between renting and buying cuts it. Either way results in less sales, so I'm not satisfied with publishers are a ok with PS+ but not games for gold. Even granting that assumption, MS could/should have gone the same way as PS+.
01-07-2013, 14:43   #13
F1ngers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
The big problem is MS are giving you the games where Sony kind of rents them, I doubt someone at EA or Squeenix would allow them to give away games like Hitman or Kingdom of Amalur for nothing after both underperformed sale wise.
PS+ is a subscription service where we are renting the games for as long as we have PS+, if I let it lapse, I will lose access to all these games(the european ones), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Game_Collection

I personally don't see it as a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
Tbh AC:II is the best one anyway
Of Halo, Tower Defense and AC:II, AC:II is the best, but tbh Demon's Souls is even better again.
01-07-2013, 15:08   #14
2Mad2BeMad

im an xbox guy
but my god i wish i was playstation at this time :/ their ps+ for this month is just UNREAL

congrats majornelson you have offically punked us all :/
(2) thanks from:
01-07-2013, 15:13   #15
Meesared

Send a message via Skype™ to Meesared
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
im an xbox guy
but my god i wish i was playstation at this time :/ their ps+ for this month is just UNREAL

congrats majornelson you have offically punked us all :/
I know what you are getting at, but It's not his fault, he's just the messenger in this so to speak

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion