Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2011, 16:33   #16
spadesaspade

dont think that smoking weed is not smoking because it will lead you back to square one
Advertisement
04-01-2011, 16:35   #17
molly77

Hi all Day 4
How did ye all get on today, back at work

Woke up this morning and was dying for a fag, so turned on the computer and read some posts, that worked. put me back on track again.
I thought it would be a lot harder today been back at work but was,nt to bad now.

Tomorrow day 5 best of luck everyone, and dont give in to the evil weed
04-01-2011, 20:22   #18
Shinshin14

post for everyone who quit evil fags

Hi all

Great to get the feedback from all and the sucess stories of those who
have quit the habit .

l'm like someone in an incubator at present- away from temptation and the pressures of life. I'm still confined to be bed moslty - coughing my lungs up and not fit for work at least until Jan 10th. and feeling as weak as a cat. However, I am using my time to re- inforce my determination not to touch those filty fags again.

Champix have definetely helped me through the last few days . I haven't had any cravings or little voices telling me I can have one or two . I'm not very strong willed so the tablets are definately helping me and giving me the confidence to succeed.

Molly keep up the good work you are doing great.

Good luck to all and remember on this site we have one thing in common we are all fighting addition to nicotine - no matter how we want to dress it up. By supporting each other through the bad and good we will succeed.

Roll on tomorrow
Thanks from:
05-01-2011, 08:42   #19
madon

Good luck all!
I gave up year and half ago after reading Alan Carr. I really thought I would never give up and was destined to smoke until it killed me.
For the first few weeks all I thought about was cigarettes but that gradually fades. What really got me through it all was I started C25k like dolliemix.
It will help greatly if you take up a new 'habit' even if its just to head out for a leisurely stroll it will really help get your mind of things- also drink loads of water to clear toxins from your body.
Thanks from:
05-01-2011, 16:33   #20
Dalan

http://www.whyquit.com

SnoozyS recommending this site for info and support - it is excellent - includes two free e-book downloads http://whyquit.com/ffn.pdf & http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf

Thanks S!!
Advertisement
05-01-2011, 16:42   #21
molly77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinshin14 View Post
Hi all

Great to get the feedback from all and the sucess stories of those who
have quit the habit .

l'm like someone in an incubator at present- away from temptation and the pressures of life. I'm still confined to be bed moslty - coughing my lungs up and not fit for work at least until Jan 10th. and feeling as weak as a cat. However, I am using my time to re- inforce my determination not to touch those filty fags again.

Champix have definetely helped me through the last few days . I haven't had any cravings or little voices telling me I can have one or two . I'm not very strong willed so the tablets are definately helping me and giving me the confidence to succeed.

Molly keep up the good work you are doing great.

Good luck to all and remember on this site we have one thing in common we are all fighting addition to nicotine - no matter how we want to dress it up. By supporting each other through the bad and good we will succeed.

Roll on tomorrow
Thanks a lot Shinshin well day 5 and we are still going strong
Hope ur feeling better today. u will be grand when u go back to work, We have the hardest bit over , Best of luck on day 6
05-01-2011, 16:48   #22
molly77

Hi all
Day 5 not too bad at all now. Just have to get over that frist hour in the morning, thats my worst time of the day, few craving today but over all i think its getting easier

Hope ye all are doing ok. keep strong
best of luck tomorrow guys
05-01-2011, 17:04   #23
Shinshin14

Hi all and well done .

At least ye are back at work and doing so well - take a bow.

Can't wait to get back and looking forward to the challenge of practicing what I 've been preaching . Its easier when I can't get out to buy any . My sister called down to see me yesterday and asked me was I sure I would be ok without the fags. She knew that I would risk life and limb if I needed one and didn't want me out getting pneumonia. I told her I would be ok and that I was not going to smoke.

So far so good and each morning I thank God for another smoke free day. I 'm not big into religion but I find it helps if only to re-enforce my reasons for quitting .

Thank God for the Champix and all the support that I am getting from you all. It takes the isolation away from it.

We'll stick together through thick and thin and we'll get there
05-01-2011, 20:54   #24
Biglad

Hello fellow "quitters", well done to all. I've been smoking since I was about 16 and I've made a few attempts to stop like most of us. Longest i was ever off them was 6 months. Now, at 41, I think it's time to go for it again.

Today is my day one. I'm reading Alan Carr (again) which always get's me of to a good start and i am also using (disgusting) lozenges for the "worst" moments, something i haven't tried before.

Wish you all the best of luck with the quitting process!!
Advertisement
05-01-2011, 22:01   #25
clicli

I quit smoking today. I listened to the Paul Mckenna cd's and haven't smoked all day until now, just had one and really didn't enjoy it at all!
05-01-2011, 22:08   #26

Whoop day 4 done and dusted

Congrats to all who are doing so well

Being back in work is a god send as I don't really have the time to be thinking about smoking. So now I just have to keep my evenings busy and I'm sorted. Started back running last night too so that's motivating me to stay strong this time

Till tomorrow me dears
S
06-01-2011, 11:20   #27
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
This website helped me a lot in the first 2 weeks. Sign up to their email support and they'll send you daily tips on how to survive without cigarettes. Plus it'll give you an indication as to how much you'll have saved/will save.

www.giveupsmoking.ie
Thanks from:
06-01-2011, 12:51   #28

keep up the good work everyone and remember in just about a month it will be so much easier, you will feel brilliant and really proud of yourselves. Im on week 20 at the minute and its great.

two tips that really helped me and might help you too

most smokers think that they don't stink - in fact they cannot smell the stink of smoke whatsoever. After a few days off them you will grow to actually feel like puking when you smell the clothes of a smoker. remember ALL SMOKERS STINK TO THE HIGH HEAVEN - just because your sense of smell has diminished don't think you are one of the lucky ones who does not stink - YOU DO.

put your 8.55 away EVERY DAY in a jar - believe me after a month you will look at it and amaze yourself with what you are saving- after two months you will be delighted - after three months you will be abhorred at the amount of money you were actually blowing up in smoke. Its no good just doing the calculation in your head - you need to actually do it every day as a ritual to help you along. it works.
06-01-2011, 14:18   #29
keithclancy

Day 6 now

Sense of smell is back and the smokers smell terrible.

Also food is starting to taste different and stairs isnt as hard.

Getting the odd craving but nothing major.
Thanks from:
06-01-2011, 16:47   #30

Looking for Giving Up Buddies....

I am also on Day 6 now & am finding it HELL !! I had thought thaty things would get better but they are getting worse instead of better.... Hence why have joined this Board thread to help me thru !...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion