Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options
  • 13-11-2017 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps one of the biggest initial draws of the switch for me was the potential for this game to be released as a portable version. Then it was finally announced. Tomorrow it will actually be here.

Sadly the community of this game has grown heavily toxic overtime. Still it is a very fun game that I'm really looking forward to playing in portable mode. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yep lookin forward to it, looked jealously at other consoles with this, delighted switch gets to host it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

And there goes the last reason I had for turning on my Xbox One. Can't wait for this. Despite already owning it.

Aw feck just realised its a digital release for now, ive no room left on me switch cos i have no memory card, feck time to actually buy a memory card this weekend so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aw feck just realised its a digital release for now, ive no room left on me switch cos i have no memory card, feck time to actually buy a memory card this weekend so

Hold off for black Friday/cyber Monday and you'll almost certainly get one at a lower price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've not played this in a while so I picked it up. Online isn't working for me though, but I don't think it's an issue with the RL servers, but rather my modem.

My eShop works fine, and I've played MK8 online so I didn't there was an issue. However, when I connect to my wireless network, my initial connect is good, but when I go to Test Connection, it fails. Both Doom and Rocket League failed to connect to MP. Has anyone with eir Fibre had a similar issue and resolved it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

It looks and plays like rocket league so far which is good, but man does it look rough in handheld mode. Like seriously bad.

Some arenas while docked look poor but undocked brings it to a whole new level.

Just played a few games on the big screen. Looks and feels like Rocket League. Sweet!
    Gonna test out handheld tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

picked this up also , i took forever to dl , looks good plays good and im **** at it !

I agree that some areana look **** while you are waiting for the game to start , no rendered properly ? but once up and running it looks better, clears up and seems fine.
    played both handheld and big screen and both run well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Turtwig wrote: »
    Perhaps one of the biggest initial draws of the switch for me was the potential for this game to be released as a portable version. Then it was finally announced. Tomorrow it will actually be here.

Sadly the community of this game has grown heavily toxic overtime. Still it is a very fun game that I'm really looking forward to playing in portable mode. :)

I dreamt about playing this game on a handheld for so long... Then I snapped up and bought a switch a week or 2 ago.. I love my ps4 but damn the switch is so amazing and I have been playing Rocket League on my bus journeys online...

Some dreams do come true after all..

I own this game on PC Ps4 and now Switch... Worth every penny.. I bought off South Africa store for 16euro.. Good to see there's already a fair amount of switch owners about too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

How anyone can be against cross platform play is beyond me. Launch day on Switch and there's a pool of 60k people to play against right off the bat. Makes buying a multiplayer game on Switch a much easier decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    First review for Rocket League on Switch, I do believe.

Rocket League Switch Review

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/rocket-league-switch-review/1900-6416812/

9/10

Now in video form for those who don't like reading. :D

Rocket League on Nintendo Switch - Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw1AcDz_TQ0

Ok having played rocket league for a bit all i can say is, it is sooooo much fun, i havent felt this giddy since the splatoon on the wii u, i am in love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Always been a massive fan and delighted it's on the Switch and with the way it runs both docked and handheld. My only gripe is that it's too easy playing offline, and I don't often have access to online play!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I do have a small gripe with the appearance of the game in handheld. Some of the arena textures are shockingly poor, especially Wasteland. It's borderline PSOne/Two quality. Yes, the frame rate is excellent across both modes, and it never skips a beat, but I'm disappointed it looks so poorly. I know they said they're going to optimise it, and I know NBA Playgrounds got an overhaul too. It does raise slight concerns about either the difficultly of making handheld mode run well and look well, but it could also be devs rushing to get a game out and taking the hit later.

Finally got around to playing in handheld mode last night. For me it was great. The screen being the size it is hides any graphical limitations well. And the gameplay is just as good as big screen.
    Have a few friends who never played rocket league before and they are loving it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone playing this these days?

Getting great mileage out of it with the lock down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone playing this these days?

Getting great mileage out of it with the lock down

Currently watching a Jstn vs Ganer air dribble contest with the middle son who’s addicted to the game. Want to put some time into playing it rather than watching but AC keeps sidetracking me. :)

So impressed watching the pro’s play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Been playin for a bit over a year and I'd say I'm still average at best.
    I usually hover in and around high golds-low platinums in 3v3, but not so great at 2v2 or solo.
    Highest ranking is currently Rumble at Platinum III.
    Currently not online on my own account, so not really at liberty to drop my friend code publicly, but should any of you spot me feel free to give me a shout or party up or whatever :pac:

IXjgNdz.jpg

• Advertisement

Been playin for a bit over a year and I'd say I'm still average at best.
    I usually hover in and around high golds-low platinums in 3v3, but not so great at 2v2 or solo.
    Highest ranking is currently Rumble at Platinum III.
    Currently not online on my own account, so not really at liberty to drop my friend code publicly, but should any of you spot me feel free to give me a shout or party up or whatever :pac:

Ar6qjmA.jpg

Thats really good, I'm still stuck on the bronze

Thats really good, I'm still stuck on the bronze

Thanks. What I meant though is that I'm not really a good technical player. Can't do any of the fancy stuff like air dribbling/flip resets. I'm pretty inconsistent and make a balls of things regularly.

There's a certain element of luck to ranking up to be fair. The odd time you'll team up with people you gel with and win multiple games on the bounce.

More often than not, you're stuck with angry chat spammers and people who leave as soon as you make a single mistake or an easy win is off the cards.

Thanks. What I meant though is that I'm not really a good technical player. Can't do any of the fancy stuff like air dribbling/flip resets. I'm pretty inconsistent and make a balls of things regularly.

There's a certain element of luck to ranking up to be fair. The odd time you'll team up with people you gel with and win multiple games on the bounce.

More often than not, you're stuck with angry chat spammers and people who leave as soon as you make a single mistake or an easy win is off the cards.

You should probably stay away from me so. My tactic at the moment is to hit the ball as hard as I can. :) Trying to get more tactically aware.

Mostl cross playing with mates on the PS4, convinced the switch is a disadvantage (or least that's what I tell myself).

Beauty of it is you don't really need to be good to enjoy it

t8ATGCq.jpg
    So for better or for worse it's come to this... :pac:

Rocket League Free To Play goes live cross platform from next Wednesday.

If anybody wants to play in the meantime, or when the above happens, my Rocketid is
    n0mjyTB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

So I downloaded this on Switch. Great craic... Downloaded on xbox live also... both Nintendo and xbox live set up with same email address,

I logged into the epic games account on the laptop and it says the xbox account is linked. I tried linking the Switch account and it's saying "this nintendo account has been linked to another epic games account".

I played on switch first so Im not sure if it set up some epic account on its own but I had no epic games account before today.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    So I downloaded this on Switch. Great craic... Downloaded on xbox live also... both Nintendo and xbox live set up with same email address,

I logged into the epic games account on the laptop and it says the xbox account is linked. I tried linking the Switch account and it's saying "this nintendo account has been linked to another epic games account".

I played on switch first so Im not sure if it set up some epic account on its own but I had no epic games account before today.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Do you or have you played Fortnite?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it possible to Play split screen local 2 players ? Sorry if that’s a stupid question. We had it for the Xbox and it was
    The young lad got a switch and we tried and couldn’t figure it out !
    He doesn’t have online pass if that makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041075973-How-do-I-Play-Rocket-League-in-Split-Screen-on-Nintendo-Switch-
    Split-screen mode is currently unavailable for Nintendo Switch. We are working on resolving this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Delighted to see this free today. Is it for a limited time or for good?

Advertisement