Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Delighted to see this free today. Is it for a limited time or for good?

Permanent, seems to have followed the buyout by Epic of the studio. It's also free on PC if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Fysh wrote: »
    Permanent, seems to have followed the buyout by Epic of the studio. It's also free on PC if you're interested.

I've had it on ps4 for years now but I play the switch a lot more nowadays, and now my daughter has also downloaded it to her switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Do you or have you played Fortnite?

God no. This is the first epic games game Ive played since Shadow Complex I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

km79 wrote: »
    Is it possible to Play split screen local 2 players ? Sorry if that’s a stupid question. We had it for the Xbox and it was
    The young lad got a switch and we tried and couldn’t figure it out !
    He doesn’t have online pass if that makes a difference

Not a stupid question at all!
    It was possible to play 2 player split screen on one Switch, with a single joycon each.

You could even jump online as 2 players in split screen, provided at least 1 player had an online subscription and the other player played as a guest, and not under their own account name.

However...

The update before the game became free-to-play removed/disabled this feature, and they have yet to 'fix' (their words...) it.

I'm not entirely sure how to take Psyonixs word on it. Honestly I believe it was either deliberately removed, or a feature they entirely overlooked or gave little importance to when pushing the update only to 'oops' it afterwards.

Pretty baffling too, as the offline split screen worked fairly well. I can't think of any particular reason to need to cut it entirely. At the very least they could have restricted it to offline play until they sorted out a fix for whatever problem they supposedly have with it.

Either way, it's fairly bad treatment of their Switch userbase as it's been about 2 weeks now that this hasn't been resolved.

On the plus side, you no longer need a Nintendo Online subscription to play online.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Not a stupid question at all!
    It was possible to play 2 player split screen on one Switch, with a single joycon each.

You could even jump online as 2 players in split screen, provided at least 1 player had an online subscription and the other player played as a guest, and not under their own account name.

However...

The update before the game became free-to-play removed/disabled this feature, and they have yet to 'fix' (their words...) it.

I'm not entirely sure how to take Psyonixs word on it. Honestly I believe it was either deliberately removed, or a feature they entirely overlooked or gave little importance to when pushing the update only to 'oops' it afterwards.

Pretty baffling too, as the offline split screen worked fairly well. I can't think of any particular reason to need to cut it entirely. At the very least they could have restricted it to offline play until they sorted out a fix for whatever problem they supposedly have with it.

Either way, it's fairly bad treatment of their Switch userbase as it's been about 2 weeks now that this hasn't been resolved.

On the plus side, you no longer need a Nintendo Online subscription to play online.

That...is pretty rubbish - I don't much care about online but the option for split screen local multiplayer is useful to me and fumbling during an update that shouldn't have had to touch that area of the code at all is not encouraging. (Mind you, neither is a paid-for game pivoting to F2P...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you still have the Xbox (or a PC/PlayStaion 4) could you play together using cross play? One could on the TV the other on an undocked Switch if you don't have a second TV/monitor.

So this may be a bit of a longshot, but does anybody here also play on PC and use a Switch controller?

I'd like to make some minor upgrades to my potato of a desktop and play more on there but with a few 100s of hours put into the Switch I'm unsure about investing and having to constantly readjust to the feel of two different control setups.

I've been messing around with the only USB controllers I own, a Dualshock 3 and a Hori Gamecube controller and I've struggled to tweak the sensitivity/deadzone to my liking.
    The Dualshock's layout is great but the analogs and triggers feel pretty off, and the Gamecube is the complete opposite.

Basically, I'm wondering if a budget 3rd party Pro controller, for example the PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller, would either feel identical or close enough to the feel of playing on Switch.

Does anybody here have any experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Season 2 started yesterday and the related patch allows for split-screen on the Switch again.

It's now possible to search your Epic ID on a few tracker websites as a workaround to view/track your MMR for Switch.

So far both Rocket League Tracker Network and RLStats support Epic.

For anyone who doesn't know, MMR (Matchmaking Rank) is basically the hidden score that determines your rank and division. Wins add points, losses subtract and the MMR rating of your opponents determines how many.

The number of points need to obtain a given rank is determined by the current rank distribution for that game mode. The number of required points differ from one mode to the next depending on how the overall player base are ranked in that mode.

Advertisement