Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Excited to get back into it :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I am 100% sure some places I visited have been marked as unvisited to make me travel there again.

I think in a previous patch they added in about 20 new viewpoints. Maybe it unmarked the areas where they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got the season pass, do I get access to all dlc? where's a good place to start? I'm level 55.

Yeah you have access to all three episodes of the Legacy of the First Blade plus AC3 remastered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah you have access to all three episodes of the Legacy of the First Blade plus AC3 remastered

Is additional feats just a load of single missions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is additional feats just a load of single missions?

Seems to be, mainly missions for Orichalum I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What's the story with AC Liberation remaster?
    Is that not out yet then?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What's the story with AC Liberation remaster?
    Is that not out yet then?

It’s included with AC3

It’s included with AC3

Makes sense why I can't find it as an add-on then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have the season pass and I have no idea if I get that :/

I have the season pass and I have no idea if I get that :/

You do, says at the end of the video "available in season pass"

Haven't got the Season Pass yet, but that has ramped up my interest. Whatever about Legacy of the Hidden Blade, I said from the second I got to that particular part in the game, I was like, yes, I'm exploring this when I can. That looks really good! And I'm gonna call it now, we're gonna have a game about the First Civilisation, you're going to play a character in that time and it'll cover the downfall of the FC. That I would like to play, because going by lore you'd be nearly superhuman so they could go balls out God mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Haven't got the Season Pass yet, but that has ramped up my interest. Whatever about Legacy of the Hidden Blade, I said from the second I got to that particular part in the game, I was like, yes, I'm exploring this when I can. That looks really good! And I'm gonna call it now, we're gonna have a game about the First Civilisation, you're going to play a character in that time and it'll cover the downfall of the FC. That I would like to play, because going by lore you'd be nearly superhuman so they could go balls out God mode.

Surely you'd play as Adam and eve at some stage in that game too given the bits of info we've gotten from previous games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭tusk

Just played the Atlantis DLC. Garbage! These guys haven't got a clue how to weave a narrative. I'm actually shocked at how terrible that was. What a waste of time

Edit: Looks like it wasn't actually the DLC, but rather a setup mission for the DLC. Either way, it was still pants :(

• Advertisement

I never expected the story to be all that great, but what's it like to actually explore Atlantis? That's what I'm more interested in!

you don't actually get to yet. it's basically 3/4 'go find this thing' missions. All completed in 20 mins.

tusk wrote: »
    Just played the Atlantis DLC. Garbage! These guys haven't got a clue how to weave a narrative. I'm actually shocked at how terrible that was. What a waste of time

I thought the dlc was not released until next week ?

I thought the dlc was not released until next week ?

yeah, showing April 23rd for me too...

yeah, showing April 23rd for me too...

Unless it was actually the side mission set in the present with Layla that sets up the dlc

• Advertisement

Unless it was actually the side mission set in the present with Layla that sets up the dlc

You guys are right. This is how much I haven't been paying attention! Will edit the original post.

Even still, that setup mission was garbage!

Seeing Kassie in a suit was one of the highlights of the game for me ;)

Ubisoft need to hire better writers.

Ubisoft need to hire better writers.

Nah the game and setting are perfect, no interest in the story preset or past.

I do love SPARTA kicking people of high buildings tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nah the game and setting are perfect, no interest in the story preset or past.

I do love SPARTA kicking people of high buildings tho.

I enjoy Sparta kicking people off ships and watching them drown.

Do it in the game sometimes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Has anyone seen the major game breaking glitch going around which enables you to reach max level in about 1 hour and complete contracts and lower the nation's power all at once? :D

Any good for newbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yup! So long as you have the ability to knock out the polemarch as opposed to killing and you're at the point in the story where Kassandra/Alexios recruit for the ship then it will work.
    How did Ubisoft F this up so royally? :D

Good I will try it, they really F'd us with this leveling. I'm way under powered.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Good I will try it, they really F'd us with this leveling. I'm way under powered.

Make sure you have the means to upgrade your gear, no point in being level 99 with a level 10 sword.

Make sure you have the means to upgrade your gear, no point in being level 99 with a level 10 sword.

:eek:
    Imagine that!
    :pac:

Yup! So long as you have the ability to knock out the polemarch as opposed to killing and you're at the point in the story where Kassandra/Alexios recruit for the ship then it will work.
    How did Ubisoft F this up so royally? :D

There is one major flaw in that "hack" but I let you figure it out :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the major game breaking glitch going around which enables you to reach max level in about 1 hour and complete contracts and lower the nation's power all at once? :D

Can attest to this working. Went from lvl60 to 88 in about an hour. Wouldn't have taken as long and would have gone further if not for my stupid f*cking fingers pressing too long or too hard and recruiting them, ending the boost. Happened twice so I just said I'd leave it at that for now. Though also, I haven't played the game in months and took me a while to get back into the groove in clearing out the forts.

First episode of Atlantis DLC is out now, it's around 7.5 gb on Ps4

Had a quick look after I installed it this morning, there are now load out slots in the inventory. The initial area doesn't look all that big but the enemies have a bag of new tricks to keep you on your toes and dodging becomes far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Got the full Immortal set over the weekend. Instant health regen on death with a 1 minute cooldown.

Also found Poseidon's Trident, let's you breath underwater.

Also, does anyone know what dreamers75 is talking about? :confused:

I'm guessing he means how your weapons/armour would then be seriously underlevelled, which was something I noticed myself, and don't have near enough resources to upgrade.

Oh, I see. That probably escaped me because I have like 3 million drachmae and loads of resources lol
    The damage/health decrease only becomes unplayable every 11 levels because that's when the new engraving tier kicks in so if you're a level 10, for instance, you can still get by with level 1 gear but once you hit level 11 you need to upgrade. So as follows: 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81, 91

So if you are level 61, but your gear is level 60, you should upgrade it?
    But if you're level 60 and your gear is 55, you're grand? :)

Oh, I see. That probably escaped me because I have like 3 million drachmae and loads of resources lol
    The damage/health decrease only becomes unplayable every 11 levels because that's when the new engraving tier kicks in so if you're a level 10, for instance, you can still get by with level 1 gear but once you hit level 11 you need to upgrade. So as follows: 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81, 91

I spent most of my last resources upgrading the ship when going for the platinum (and that was before they added new tiers for upgrading), so I'm pretty low on everything, and even though I'm now level 99, all my weapons/armour is now about 60 or less.

Getting caught then wrecked in a fort is annoying when you desync and end up miles away with all the objectives reset. Me being rusty and enemies having new attacks doesnt help.

Penn wrote: »
    I spent most of my last resources upgrading the ship when going for the platinum (and that was before they added new tiers for upgrading), so I'm pretty low on everything, and even though I'm now level 99, all my weapons/armour is now about 60 or less.

Can you use the autosave history to go back? :D

• Advertisement

I found the leveling spot on in this. Granted, I've stopped since I've finished the story, waiting for all the DLC to come out before picking up the Season Pass, so maybe ye are on about the higher levels, but I think that 'hack' would break the game for me. Since I found out about the Admin Console in Conan: Exiles and messed a bit, I've no interest in going back. I'd imagine this would be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Penn wrote: »
    I'm guessing he means how your weapons/armour would then be seriously underlevelled, which was something I noticed myself, and don't have near enough resources to upgrade.

Yes same here, this glitch is great I'm sure for some, but having got a few ability points out of it, I can't afford to upgrade many weapons cos I don't have millions of Drachmae which means I'm now fighting people using weapons a fair bit lower than my level...

I just hit level 60 and had a reasonable amount of resources , 2000 in most even more in some and just over 30k in cash. Upgrading my weapons from 55 and 56 to 60 wiped out my cash and a lot of leather and iron.

Explanation

Hope that made sense. It's complicated to explain.

Yeah, makes perfect sense alright.
    Now I know why I didn't encounter being under-leved like you say, as I never let the gear get more than 5-6 levels behind before switching to something "a little worse" but better level, or upgrading it at the blacksmith :)

The new DLC throws ability points at you without levelling up. 20 I think based on the achievement tracker. Plus what ever you would get for levelling up as usual.

Finished DLC. Enjoyed it far more than the previous one and it's a bit more substantial. Felt it dragged out a bit and the story had a fair bit of nonsense in that you are
    doing quests for both sides but as far as I could tell there was really only one way it could end and you couldn't opt out of quests for the other side so the illusion of choice wasn't so much an illusion as a farce.

Over all though it was enjoyable and the location looked fantastic in 4k.

In fairness to Ubi too this is likely the best value I've seen in a 'gold' edition of a game. Serious amount of content when you consider the remaster of AC3 etc. plus the main game content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

This or God of War? I havent played any of the Assassins Creeds in years but loved them when they first came out on PS3, help me decide what to kill time with next :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

mutley18 wrote: »
    This or God of War? I havent played any of the Assassins Creeds in years but loved them when they first came out on PS3, help me decide what to kill time with next :)

God of war, its far superior in both game play and story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

mutley18 wrote: »

I'll buy a PS5 for the next God of War installment. Me bollox would i for the next Assassins Creed game...

Definitely God of War. It won all those awards for a reason and if my personal GOTY from last year, and my top Must Have game for the PS4. But saying that, don't forget Odyssey. I've decided it's the best AC game yet. Completely changes the formula. Definitely pick it up at some stage, but it's less Assassins Creed and more God Mode. I did assassinate in it, but the real fun, imo, was the combat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

God of War is a better game, but you'll definitely get more from Assassins Creed in terms of things to do/time spent, but yeah, I would go with GoW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement