Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's everyone off to in 2019?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Rome in 2 weeks for a friend's birthday. Have Vegas and Florida booked for May. Hubby off to Japan for RWC Simon going to Hawaii ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

This thread makes me sad and jealous lol

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

Vegas in april and hoping to bring the kids n their first sun holiday in september .... cant wait !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Back from road trip around Australian East Coast. Next in line: Warsaw, Brussels, Istanbul, Wroclaw, road trip from Halifax to Toronto. No plans after June yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Calpe for 2 weeks in June then flying directly to Ibiza for 11 nights. Taking 5 weeks off work. Cannot wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had hoped to go to Tallinn, but the chosen weekend (for a gig) was the same as Slane. Going to Prague instead.

Hoping to get to London and Amsterdam/Nijmegen for a weekend.

And the big one is the Rugby World Cup. Very excited, but also terrified at how much it could all cost. Friends were there last year and one is over there right now so getting plenty of inspiration for things to do (there's too much, basically!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

Calpe for 2 weeks in June then flying directly to Ibiza for 11 nights. Taking 5 weeks off work. Cannot wait

Hi I am interested in Calpe. I am looking at booking a flight to Alicante and I am looking at a place that I can get to easily on public transport.
    We like walking cycling sightseeing and nice restaurants with a few bars.
    Does Calpe have a Spanish feel to it ?

coleen wrote: »
    Hi I am interested in Calpe. I am looking at booking a flight to Alicante and I am looking at a place that I can get to easily on public transport.

Hi, there are regular buses from Alicante airport to calpe. If you rent a car it’s about an hours drive on a motorway. There is lots to see in Calpe I have been many times, and yes it’s a beautiful large town. It’s unspoiled completely, there is miles and miles of a prom, then a port, and an absolutely beautiful old old old town!

The majority of tourists are a mix of German, Spanish, Swedish etc not many irish and it doesnt have that ‘ballymun in the sun’ feel to it that some package resorts have at all.

Highly recommend it. There are some great hotel deals, if you drive I’d check out Imperial Park resort it’s kinda hidden away up the mountains with beautiful villas and tiny restaurants spotted everywhere. If you wanna know any more just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Flying into Pula in Croatia, but heading to Slovenia for 12 days approx.
    I have no return flight booked yet, hope to fly out from another city.

Hoping to go running up and down hills and mountains around Triglav !

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭davepatr07

Not long back from Iceland, Montreal and Quebec City in March then Vietnam and Malaysia later in year Sept/Oct.

Some interesting places listed here by others, will take note.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

Lake Garda for two weeks in July and a friends wedding in Portugal in June. Also going to Disneyland Paris in September. We normally would only go somewhere for a week during the summer instead of two but there's so much to do around Lake Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

coleen wrote: »

I didn't like Calpe. We were staying next door in Altea. Really lovely with old town rising behind main seaside promenade. Stony beach though in Altea, sandy beach in Calpe.

You get bus from Alicante airport direct to Benidorm bus station. Then hop on narrow gauge railway for onward journey to Altea.

I didn't like Calpe. We were staying next door in Altea. Really lovely with old town rising behind main seaside promenade. Stony beach though in Altea, sandy beach in Calpe.

You get bus from Alicante airport direct to Benidorm bus station. Then hop on narrow gauge railway for onward journey to Altea.

Altea is lovely, as is Javea. Javea has beautiful little cocktail lounge bars dotted on the beaches.

The railway journey I loved, we hopped on it one day in Calpe and went to loads of lovely little towns, villajoyosa aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Turkey

Spain

Germany

US

Thailand / Philippines or Thailand / Burma
    OR
    Just Phillipines or Just Burma
    .. all depends on flights
    (Been to Thailand many times since 2012 so happy to skip it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

Malaysia in March for definite. Maybe Bangkok in April. Would love to try and get a few days in Tokyo also, before it gets very hot.

For later in the year, I think a trip in Europe, maybe Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Did Japan for the 4th time last year. So envious of the folks heading off for the WC.

So far have booked Gdansk for end March and Venice for start May.

Big trip this year is Fussen-Munich-Salzburg-Budapest.

Hoping to do Karlovy Vary & Prague around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Klonker wrote: »
    Just the one big one to Peru and Bolivia for five weeks in August/September with the OH. Really looking forward to it.

Try to go one step further to San Pedro de Atacame in northern Chile. A lot of the salt flats tours end up here and it is a cool town with great scenery like Valle de Luna (Moon Valley). San Pedro is also known as one of the best places in the world for star gazing and there's nighttime tours facilitating this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Madrid

Azerbaijan Armenia and Georgia

Madeira.

In that order! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Try to go one step further to San Pedro de Atacame in northern Chile. A lot of the salt flats tours end up here and it is a cool town with great scenery like Valle de Luna (Moon Valley). San Pedro is also known as one of the best places in the world for star gazing and there's nighttime tours facilitating this.

Absolutely agree. We went from San Pedro across the salt flats and its a great little town. Star gazing, sand boarding,some great food. Bring cash as machines can run out. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Really undecided as to where we will holiday this year. 2 adults and 2 kids (7&3).

Last 2 years we went to a fantastic resort in The algarve. Salgado Dunas suites, https://www.salgadosdunassuites.com/en/

Great rooms (suite style with bedroom(s)) and living area, Kids club, nice food on location , clean, family oriented etc..

Would like something similar but somehere else like Spain , France or Italy as 3 years in a row would be a bit too much.
    Any tips travelers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Australia, New Zealand and Bora Bora.

Have tickets for WC in Japan also but nothing booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Off to Sicily for the first time in April. Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

I'm a bit late to this, we already started with a day trip to Edinburgh for the rugby. Our first cruise to the Mediterranean is in early June, followed by two weeks camping in France end of June into July and then 4 nights camping in Hidden Valley Wicklow to finish up in August.

shar01 wrote: »
    Did Japan for the 4th time last year. So envious of the folks heading off for the WC.

So far have booked Gdansk for end March and Venice for start May.

Big trip this year is Fussen-Munich-Salzburg-Budapest.

Hoping to do Karlovy Vary & Prague around Christmas.

I was in Fussen last year, it's lovely. We took a quick trip over the Austrian border to a water park, something like the National Aquatic Centre. It had an outdoor jacuzzi and heated pool. It was snowing and the snow capped Alps were right in front of us with two castles on the top. It was an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Taking the Cork - Santander ferry and then driving to southern inland Spain for a month.

calistro wrote: »
    Taking the Cork - Santander ferry and then driving to southern inland Spain for a month.

Have you done this sailing before? If so what's it like? The longest sailing I've done is Rosslare to Cherbourg!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

No, first time. 2 to choose from, 28hr & 34hr I think. Going for the longer one as it arrives in Santander early morning which means I can make the long drive in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

calistro wrote: »
    No, first time. 2 to choose from, 28hr & 34hr I think. Going for the longer one as it arrives in Santander early morning which means I can make the long drive in one day.
    Sensible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Was sending kid to my daughter in Perth-he won't go wants to spend it together as next year serious study starts- he wants Spain now I want Romania (worked there on/ off for 12 years,hi ma is Romanian) I'm allergic to Spain he's allergic to Romania ,,do could end up in portmagee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I am planning to travel to the interior of Brazil later this year, a week in New York and a bit of beach travel around the Philippines islands later in the autumn.

Advertisement