Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

Will a Kilkenny season ticket get you free admission to Nowlan Park tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

blackcard wrote: »
    Will a Kilkenny season ticket get you free admission to Nowlan Park tomorrow?

Yes it will. And to the final too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Will O'Loughlin's be allowing people use the car park tmw? We'd rather they got the benefit of any modest parking charge and even a few pints before we bate Limerick :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Will O'Loughlin's be allowing people use the car park tmw? We'd rather they got the benefit of any modest parking charge and even a few pints before we bate Limerick :-)
    yea they will be open for parking usually a fiver a go.

i was impressed with dublin today and it should be a belter when we meet in may.
    i thought they competed well physically with limerick and if they can get rushe,keaney and mark schutte into their fowards they will be a match for most teams.
    they have some very good defenders o donnell and moran very good today.They put 4 across the half back line hopefully we will be ready for them im sure there still hurting from last year where we were very lucky to get the win and that loss probably set them back and never recovered from it despite getting close to galway and wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

brookville wrote: »
    i was impressed with dublin today and it should be a belter when we meet in may.
    i thought they competed well physically with limerick and if they can get rushe,keaney and mark schutte into their fowards they will be a match for most teams.
    they have some very good defenders o donnell and moran very good today.They put 4 across the half back line hopefully we will be ready for them im sure there still hurting from last year where we were very lucky to get the win and that loss probably set them back and never recovered from it despite getting close to galway and wexford.

I thought Galway were very average today. Not much to be feared of in Leinster however bad Kilkenny are the other teams are not much better.
    Galway have tried out a lot of players in the league and not many have stood up, except maybe the exception of Concannon. Galway have some very average backs when you go through it, Killeen, Harte, Hanbury.
    Although Physical Dublin really lacked scoring power, a full Kilkenny team should really have to much for them in the opener.

Munster is very competitive this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gotta say the pitch was in excellent condition yesterday for both games. Credit to the grounds team for having it so considering the state of so many other pitches at the moment and the awful weather conditions during March. The organisation at the ground was also excellent as always. Well played KK.

Village87 wrote: »

I thought Galway were very average today. Not much to be feared of in Leinster however bad Kilkenny are the other teams are not much better.
    Galway have tried out a lot of players in the league and not many have stood up, except maybe the exception of Concannon. Galway have some very average backs when you go through it, Killeen, Harte, Hanbury.
    Although Physical Dublin really lacked scoring power, a full Kilkenny team should really have to much for them in the opener.

Munster is very competitive this year.
    agreed bout galway being average yet they had two good goal chances and conceded a soft goal.i think galway will be dissapointed with the new lads they brought in the goalie doesnt look great while its a whole new full back line.daithi burkes presence will be a big help but question marks over joe cooney coming back.
    i suppose we have enough to be doing hopefully we can get our own house in order an a few injured lads back.

agreed bout waterford being average yet they had two good goal chances and conceded a soft goal.i think galway will be dissapointed with the new lads they broughtin the goalie doesnt look great while its a whole new full back line.daithi burkes presence will be a big help but question marks over joe cooney coming back.
    i suppose we have enough to be doing hopefully we can get our own house in order an a few injured lads back.

Amazing to think that Joe Cooney and Johnny Glynn and these lads can travel and work abroad in other countries and can come back into the Galway fold in April after the league. David Burke, Conor Cooney and Daithi Burke allowed back into the panel in there own time after club duty. Brian Cody had the Ballyhale players back in training last Wendesday, 3 days after winning the club all ireland.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Village87 wrote: »
    Amazing to think that Joe Cooney and Johnny Glynn and these lads can travel and work abroad in other countries and can come back into the Galway fold in April after the league. David Burke, Conor Cooney and Daithi Burke allowed back into the panel in there own time after club duty. Brian Cody had the Ballyhale players back in training last Wendesday, 3 days after winning the club all ireland.

You really do amuse me.
    One minute you wanted to Mullens and co. in with the county and now you are giving out when they are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Grats

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    You really do amuse me.
    One minute you wanted to Mullens and co. in with the county and now you are giving out when they are in.

Yes, and moaning about players been kept on the panel and moaning about players dropped in the past!

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    You really do amuse me.

I’m just highlighting the difference from each management set up. I do think Galway will struggle this year. Kilkenny need the 4/5 Ballyhale on the team from the league

kk playing cork this wednesday in a fundraiser for former footballer and all ireland winner kieran o connor who has a rare cancer which has unfortunately come back.Itd be nice for any kk living in cork or anyone whos around cork to support a worthy cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Grats

Very disappointing attendance in Nowlan Park yesterday. Teams from four major cities with big populations and who turn out in droves on the summer. Amazing really when you consider how relatively little success they've had.

Always felt that Kilkenny has a very big core support. Relative to the population we support our team extremely well in the league and championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Grats wrote: »
    Very disappointing attendance in Nowlan Park yesterday. Teams from four major cities with big populations and who turn out in droves on the summer. Amazing really when you consider how relatively little success they've had.

Always felt that Kilkenny has a very big core support. Relative to the population we support our team extremely well in the league and championship.

You were outnumbered about 5:1 by Limerick fans in Thurles last July?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

grimbergen wrote: »

You need to read what he wrote more carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

You need to read what he wrote more carefully.

I understood it perfectly. Giving yourself the (very dubious) title of best core support is not much good if you get completely out-numbered on the days when it really matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Is this a joke. Kilkenny have a very big core support. That is bull. For years Kilkenny and Wexford would play in a Leinster final in croke park and there would an extremely poor crowd made up mostly of Wexford supporters at it. Kilkenny supporters would only come out of the woodwork come all Ireland final time. Kilkenny and Galway have the poorest of support. Galway are like Kilkenny and only appear at the later stages.
    Cork, limerick and Wexford have the best support in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Is this a joke. Kilkenny have a very big core support. That is bull. For years Kilkenny and Wexford would play in a Leinster final in croke park and there would an extremely poor crowd made up mostly of Wexford supporters at it. Kilkenny supporters would only come out of the woodwork come all Ireland final time. Kilkenny and Galway have the poorest of support. Galway are like Kilkenny and only appear at the later stages.
    Cork, limerick and Wexford have the best support in the country.

1963,1996 and 2005 sure all three have had plenty of time to save up for their very rare trips to Croke Park and as you know what they say "RARE" is beautiful. 36 All Ireland's, now there is something well worth talking about, THIRTY SIX, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 OOPs I ran out of fingers and toes have to go get me twin brother to finish the count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Lads let's not kid ourselves we don't have even close to the best support in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lads let's not kid ourselves we don't have even close to the best support in the country.
    It's also a pointless pissing contest, taking place against the gable end of your own house. Not sure what the point of it is. If they ever make hurling a popularity contest I'll start to give a ****e about who has the best supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

It's also a pointless pissing contest, taking place against the gable end of your own house. Not sure what the point of it is. If they ever make hurling a popularity contest I'll start to give a ****e about who has the best supporters.

Very true but what county consistently produces the best players (which is far more important) can be quantified.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

grimbergen wrote: »

Sunday was clear evidence that Limerick, Galway and to a lesser extent Waterford "fans" are merely bandwagon hoppers. Now that the Munster rugby bandwagon has come to a shuddering slowdown they jump on the hurling one. Whatever is new and shiny. I would have more respect for the Dublin fans in the park Sunday - committed and knowledgeable unlike some.

By the way if you want to talk ratios, how about comparing Limerick AI wins to ours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

this is starting to turn into a thread like all the Liverpool Vs Man utd threads do …………………………….. :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    this is starting to turn into a thread like all the Liverpool Vs Man utd threads do …………………………….. :D

Ill bring back some relevance

Great time of year with clubs soon back in action. I imagine Kilkenny management will be getting in plenty of games in April to see what players are stepping up after a very poor league campaign. Really is a big few weeks for players on the fringe of the Kilkenny team who got little game time during the league.They must be mad for games and show management & supporters what they have to offer. Between senior and intermediate i will try get in as many games as i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sunday was clear evidence that Limerick, Galway and to a lesser extent Waterford "fans" are merely bandwagon hoppers. Now that the Munster rugby bandwagon has come to a shuddering slowdown they jump on the hurling one. Whatever is new and shiny. I would have more respect for the Dublin fans in the park Sunday - committed and knowledgeable unlike some.

By the way if you want to talk ratios, how about comparing Limerick AI wins to ours?

For Galway it was our 3rd trip to the south east in 4 weeks. That's asking a lot of people to keep making that journey. It's a fair old spin (on mostly not great roads) let alone the accumulated cost of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

For Galway it was our 3rd trip to the south east in 4 weeks. That's asking a lot of people to keep making that journey. It's a fair old spin (on mostly not great roads) let alone the accumulated cost of it.

This seems to be what people forget to take into consideration when comparing county attendances.

Let's be honest with the league and the new championship set up it's proving very expensive and time consuming to be at every game and some people just don't have the time or resources to do it.

And anyway, who bloody cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Culliagh77

First off. Galway is not in Munster in case you didn't notice. And secondly we had footballers to support on the same day in Tyrone (Which is in Ulster.) I know a few counties that can't even field a football team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

The best of luck to Castlecomer, St kierans, and our ladies who are going for four in a row over the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement