Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Lest we all forget the 3rd part of the Mayo Galway trilogy or be it tetralogy when the ladies are included takes place next Wednesday night in Tuam stadium.

Connacht under 20s final at 19.30.

Paddy Neilan of Roscommon is the man in charge.

Micheal Solan's lads look a very promising group.

Plenty saying for a while eoghan McLaughlin has more potential than the brother so looking forward to seeing this. Pj has a very good squad there.
    Think we will be seeing two future county managers and half a dozen of these lads will make it through to senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

yop wrote: »
    Plenty saying for a while eoghan McLaughlin has more potential than the brother so looking forward to seeing this. Pj has a very good squad there.
    Think we will be seeing two future county managers and half a dozen of these lads will make it through to senior.

Yop he was seriously impressive in the first half on Wednesday night as Bunny Colvin will testify,he apparently went off injured at the break.

Some very good young lads at first glance in that squad.Tommy Conroy is another standout.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yop he was seriously impressive in the first half on Wednesday night as Bunny Colvin will testify,he apparently went off injured at the break.

Some very good young lads at first glance in that squad.Tommy Conroy is another standout.
    They are bringing a new confidence and quality. It's great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Wednesday night.

? It was on Friday night. Also the lid of the cup goes flying.

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1147245155575115777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

What was the number 9 midfield player name very good young lad

Sorry I think we have our wires crossed. I said it was great to watch the minors on TG4 (Youtube) on Friday night not the U20's.

naughto wrote: »
    What was the number 9 midfield player name very good young lad

Are you talking about the minors or under 20s?

Ethan Henry was MOTM for the minors on Friday night,he was the number 9.

Just to clarify it's the under 20s in action on Wednesday night.

Jamie Mc Nicholas appears to have the making of a very good goalkeeper.

Gavin Durcan is the number 9.

The whole inside line Aiden Orme and Stephen Mc Greal greatly impressed but it was a great team performance against a limited Sligo outfit.

So many matches , lots of confusion ����

All in all there is some quality in those teams.

One thing though,are we not seeing as many quality backs? Still no sign of a crazy assed full back .
    O donoghue was quality at u20 last year but hadn't made the impact as I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Are you talking about the minors or under 20s?

Ethan Henry was MOTM for the minors on Friday night,he was the number 9.

Just to clarify it's the under 20s in action on Wednesday night.

Jamie Mc Nicholas appears to have the making of a very good goalkeeper.

Gavin Durcan is the number 9.

The whole inside line Aiden Orme and Stephen Mc Greal greatly impressed but it was a great team performance against a limited Sligo outfit.

Minors

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Surprised that nobody is saying anything about our game not being shown live on television next Sunday due to the Hurling Quarter Finals being televised.....

(Donegal v Meath is not being shown either)

Its live on RTE One

BandMember wrote: »
    Surprised that nobody is saying anything about our game not being shown live on television next Sunday due to the Hurling Quarter Finals being televised.....

(Donegal v Meath is not being shown either)

On any channel?

Sunday game on now. Forgot how the keeper pretended he was injured after his messup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That'll surely be goal of the year if there is such a thing in GAA circles

Penalty was soft.
    The free for the goal was a slip into AOS.

Pat Spillane building us up !!!

Penalty was soft.

Was never a penalty. It was not a foot trip. He quite clearly used his hand.

lawred2 wrote: »

Only copped that. Even fir Stephen coens point Durcan was blatantly pulled back and nothing given.

Vaughans incident wasn't a penalty though from where I was sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Was hard to see if he got to the ball or burke's foot, probably a bit of both but I thought he got the ball first.
    Didnt see any of these so called soft decisions mayo got and didnt hear the pundits mention them either...

Was hard to see if he got to the ball or burke's foot, probably a bit of both but I thought he got the ball first.
    Didnt see any of these so called soft decisions mayo got and didnt hear the pundits mention them either...

All I was reading here was that the ref was paid, Galway got nothing, we are tinkers for our off the ball incidents but looking at the highlights I saw plenty of softness given to the Galway lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

john4321 wrote: »
    Its live on RTE One

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

All I was reading here was that the ref was paid, Galway got nothing, we are tinkers for our off the ball incidents but looking at the highlights I saw plenty of softness given to the Galway lads

Agreed. I even heard mcquillan being referred to as mayo joe, albeit by dubs trying to get that monkey off their own backs.
    I never really noticed it at the time but I was open to the idea that I just didnt notice it. Can anyone actually list out these dodgey calls, to make things a bit clearer?

Where did you see that?

They showed it after the Meath match this afternoon sorry dont have a link for it. Coverage starting at 3:45pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Penalty was soft.

Tomas O Se wrote an article during the week (apologies, I can't find a link for it now) saying that Kerry wanted and needed Mayo to come through and meet them so that they would know where Kerry are at.

Well Tomas, you've got your wish....

Where did you see that?

Here you go.

Here you go.

On the tv listings it is the two hurling games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Just after reading a few posts about the match yesterday on premierview (the tipperary equivalent to boards- the other half is from tipp ) and the bitterness towards Mayo from some of them is almost as bad as that from the Matties. Apparently we are more cynical than Tyrone. From where I was sitting yesterday it seemed every tussle was instigated by a galway lad. On a side note, I asked who or what is matties. Apparently its what Tipp people call Galway fans because they think every second Galway lad is named mattie. I thought that was lovely.

On the tv listings it is the two hurling games

Im just going by what they announced after the Meath V Clare match I hope im not wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Im just going by what they announced after the Meath V Clare match I hope im not wrong.

Mayo game is on rte one
    100%

km79 wrote: »
    Mayo game is on rte one
    100%

Correct. I only looked at rte 2 listings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He made poor decisions against both I think. The game is too fast for one ref or one with 4 statuesque umpires and almost equally so linemen.
    The linos can see exactly what is going on but seem to not want to do anything.
    Coen and COC had the jersey pulled off them on numerous occasions but nothing done.

We can let the ever present Galway fans on this page update us with their grievences.

It's such an easy fix. Let each linesman police a half of the pitch, allow them to come off the line and give them responsibility for any off the ball stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Too much bickering and poo throwing.

I'm closing this till the local mods can sort it out tomorrow.

Get some sleep folks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Thread cleaned of the silly behaviour and a number of people put in time out

It is not appropriate to attack posters, or post deliberately inflammatory comments - given how much work it is generating, anybody who cannot post in a civil nature will not be posting at all

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

2 hurling games are on rte1 and the mayo is on rte 2 starting at 3:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

2 hurling games are on rte1 and the mayo is on rte 2 starting at 3:45

Donegal and Meath is on Sky also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

lawred2 wrote: »

To me, it looked like he tripped him with his hand. I thought it was a clear penalty. I dont get all the giving out about the ref to be honest. I felt he had a decent game. The ref did not beat Galway. Mayo were the better team this year.

To me, it looked like he tripped him with his hand. I thought it was a clear penalty. I dont get all the giving out about the ref to be honest. I felt he had a decent game. The ref did not beat Galway. Mayo were the better team this year.

I had no opinion on the general performance of the ref - but in my eyes Barrett knocked the ball knocked away with his hand before continuing on into the attacking player.

Either way - an academic discussion; penalty was saved.

I could see why it was given though - at full speed it looked like a foul. Easy to say with the benefit of replays. Or maybe not because even with replays people are still disagreeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I wonder will we see any other players making an earlier than expected return next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Is anyone trying to buy tickets for kilarney on tickets.ie? The page isn't working for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Is anyone trying to buy tickets for kilarney on tickets.ie? The page isn't working for me..

Yeah I was, but it appears they've taken down the link again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Same here...not available on the GAA site either (All the other games are)

• Advertisement

It appears, the demand at once was causing the site to crash so they've taken them down again

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

km79 wrote: »
    I wonder will we see any other players making an earlier than expected return next weekend

I was thinking the same. Horan was very optimistic about Diarmuid playing in the super 8s. Might see him on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. Horan was very optimistic about Diarmuid playing in the super 8s. Might see him on Sunday.

I cant see it myself. I'd rather Ruane and himself recover properly to be match ready. We might see Ruane back for Donegal though. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Barlett wrote: »
    It appears, the demand at once was causing the site to crash so they've taken them down again

Anyone know if tickets available in Centra/Super Valu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

RedDevil55 wrote: »

If would be some boost. Even coming off the bench at some stage in the Super 8's. I remember he came on against Dublin in the '17 final, I thought it was a great call by Rochford - as you need to have some quality in reserve to finish these games strongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Did anyone hear Barry Cullinane on the podcast ?

Suggesting that Mayo "take it easy" v Kerry because they have Donegal after that.

Seriously, Kerry are there for the taking and they have a full 3 weeks before they play Donegal (obviously they have Meath a week later), but why would they not go all out to beat Kerry.

Losing the first game puts you on the back foot, points and momentum wise straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

To me, it looked like he tripped him with his hand. I thought it was a clear penalty. I dont get all the giving out about the ref to be honest.

Insofar as it isn't just Galway fans falling back on the age-old excuse for their team's defeat, I suspect some of it may derive from the imbalance in the cards given out. But given that so many of Galway's were in the dying minutes, I can't see how this would have affected the result.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know if tickets available in Centra/Super Valu?

They just log on to tickets.ie so in effect its the same system so they won't be on sale there until they're on sale with tickets.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Are we sold out already . ???
    Nothing appearing on ticket.ie or Gaa website ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Did anyone hear Barry Cullinane on the podcast ?

Suggesting that Mayo "take it easy" v Kerry because they have Donegal after that.

Seriously, Kerry are there for the taking and they have a full 3 weeks before they play Donegal (obviously they have Meath a week later), but why would they not go all out to beat Kerry.

Losing the first game puts you on the back foot, points and momentum wise straight away.

Daft thing to say. You need to be going all out to win your games, it's not like a league campaign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement