Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Is there a robot vacuum available with a filter rated as hepa 13 or better?

I've ordered a roborock s5 which is rated HEPA E11, but that would not filter pm2.5, which is a health hazard. I haven't found a better filter in a robot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Xiaomi Mi Robot 1st gen. definitely got better filter ( SDLW01RR) not washable though,not sure about HEPA rating.
    Roborock s5 filter
    (SDLW04RR) washable.
    They are exactly same size , could use in both vacuums.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I responded to TomTop asking what do if cleaning it won't work...which we know it doesn't.

OK, was on a half day in work, went home and impatience got the better of me. I opened the S50...took a while. I was able to put it back together (it still has the start chime and talks to me, phew). Unfortunately, I didn't see any debris in the fan and on the whole it still sounds unhealthy, even if it does move. I've two screws leftover after putting it back together. :o I'd say the warranty's gone now as there was some white plastic tape on some of the screws. Plus, I did break a little piece of plastic where the fan is and that'll be obvious. If I send it back they might just say I broke it and it's not their problem. Maybe just order one of these and see if that helps. Dunno. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/132998595973 It does still clean...

It doesn't seem terribly responsive between the different clean up modes from quiet to max. Whether that's the machine itself, or a lag in the app, I don't know. I tried to record some sound. Maybe sounds fine here, but eh, not sure much when you're standing near it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BxY8CWEundvVVcbZJDdliJXLc9eLO9EW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

alec76 wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi Robot 1st gen. definitely got better filter ( SDLW01RR) not washable though,not sure about HEPA rating.
    Roborock s5 filter
    (SDLW04RR) washable.
    They are exactly same size , could use in both vacuums.
    Cool, thanks... I get it - washable versions of the higher rated filters are expensive, and most people would probably prefer the convenience and power of a washable but lower rated filter.... I mention power because the strongest filters impede suction, which is probably why that robot struggled with carpet a bit from what I can see.

I believe it is faulty fan , seems like damaged brushes to me,should be replaced...
    Get one at AliExpress, why would you bother with eBay ? I don’t think it is original part and they ship from China anyway.
    All these fans supposed to be Nidec (made in Japan )..Well, they used to be in 2016 ... It is only cheap Chinese dirt now...

ps.Cheer up , postage to China would cost you €75-80 and 2 months of waiting ..
    No harm done , make sure you put those 2 screws back in place.
    Don’t overtight them too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks alec. This one OK? I untangled something from the orange brush after the run through earlier. I'll pick up one or two other bits just in case.

Thanks alec. This one OK? I untangled something from the orange brush after the run through earlier. I'll pick up one or two other bits just in case.

Seems fine to me... probably not original, It is AliExpress, no bother to get refund if new fan faulty too. It’ll take 3-4 weeks to get it ...€21.90 with free postage..not bad

Those are genuine Xiaomi parts:
    http://s.aliexpress.com/vmaMZnqE

Bought not genuine side brushes and orange main brush from amazon once, didn’t like them at all. Side brush didn’t last , main brush’s ball bearings were stiff .

Ordered yesterday, shipping email came this morning.

Edit - one part of the order shipped...not all.

Ordered yesterday, shipping email came this morning.

Got the motor for the main brush from the same store, took 14 days only .
    Genuine , original motor RP390-ST, fits perfectly my Mi Robot Vacuum 1st gen.. I have 2 robots now :)

• Advertisement

One parcel arrived in Ireland at 8:30 this morning. Hopefully won't be much longer now and the other shouldn't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 neillerz

hi all

been looking at the roborock s50 for a while now. the lack of multi floor map saving made me wait and see if a new model was coming out.

Happy to say there is a new roborock T6 released! It is very similar in hardware but has quick release brush, disposable mop cloths and SD card storage for multi floor maps!

The international version will be called S6 from what I've read online.

anyone else have heard of a international release date?

neillerz wrote: »
    hi all

Happy to say there is a new roborock T6 released! It is very similar in hardware but has quick release brush, disposable mop cloths and SD card storage for multi floor maps

Multi floor maps, are you for real ?
    2 Xiaomi Mia Vacuums 1st Gen( one for each floor ) would be better and cheaper option.
    I own 1st Gen and Roborock s5 .Last one has exactly same hardware ( motors, leadar etc) cost €100 more and it is not cleaning any faster or better than 1st Gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 neillerz

alec76 wrote: »
    Multi floor maps, are you for real ?
    2 Xiaomi Mia Vacuums 1st Gen( one for each floor ) would be better and cheaper option.
    I own 1st Gen and Roborock s5 .Last one has exactly same hardware ( motors, leadar etc) cost €100 more and it is not cleaning any faster or better than 1st Gen.

aliexpress EU pricing :
    1st gen is approx €250
    S50 is approx €350

T6/S6 will be set at almost the same price as S50 according to online reviews. so more expensive to buy 2 older models.

https://en.techreviewer.de/roborock-t6/

neillerz wrote: »

T6/S6 will be set at almost the same price as S50 ...

https://en.techreviewer.de/roborock-t6/
    $499 I almost could bet on it ...For the first few months anyway..
    I don’t think it would climb the stairs too....

Not much of an update since the parcel arrived in Ireland. Revenue have no record and it's not on An Post's tracker yet, if there's nothing on it tomorrow that pushes it into next week. Only thing is in my AliExpress account it says this...

Arrived at destination country
    2019-04-16 10:58:00

You won’t see it on An Post tracker until day of delivery AFAIK.
    I would expect delivery in 3-4 working days since you’ve got email notice from AliExpress.

Well, parcel arrived this morning. Slightly confusing as I had three tracking numbers which is odd since I'm only expecting two and the one AliExpress emailed about (Apr 14th) said 'Package arrived in destination country' is not what came today. The spare brush, etc, will come whenever. Anyway, changed the fan and (used all the screws this time!) she's sounding much healthier, phew. :) Thanks for your help. I've only done the landing and it picked a good bit of stuff. Will try some rooms later. Still couldn't see what's wrong with the old fan.

Glad you've sorted,I presume fan's brushing after wearing down .( blocked filter, fan working at max power with the full bin , defective fan etc)
    It is the bad idea to wash the filter too, just clean it with the tooth brush or other vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Going to pull the trigger on the Eufy 30c on Amazon.es... 209 seems to be the best price at the moment!

Oh the excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Going to pull the trigger on the Eufy 30c on Amazon.es... 209 seems to be the best price at the moment!

Oh the excitement!

Just got mine about a week ago... really great piece of kit! Best piece of home tech I've gotten. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned earlier. For the spec it looks great value.

https://www.storececotec.com/en/robot-vacuum-cleaners/336-conga-serie-3090.html

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned earlier. For the spec it looks great value.

https://www.storececotec.com/en/robot-vacuum-cleaners/336-conga-serie-3090.html

Sure does... I assume it's quite new? Only 1 review on Amazon for it.... capabilities look good but devil is always in the detail. Not sure I like the idea of camera pointing upwards from the floor running around the house.... not that I care about someone seeing my hairy legs, it's the other family members

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

kennM wrote: »
    Sure does... I assume it's quite new? Only 1 review on Amazon for it.... capabilities look good but devil is always in the detail. Not sure I like the idea of camera pointing upwards from the floor running around the house.... not that I care about someone seeing my hairy legs, it's the other family members

A lot more reviews in the spanish amazon, https://www.amazon.es/Cecotec-Conga-Serie-3090-inteligente/dp/B07HNMN7TM/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=Conga+3090&qid=1556055779&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I guess it is popular there since it's spanish designed. A couple of colleagues at work got one and they are very happy with it. I don't think it has a camera, it's more of a "sonar" type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭bren2001

AstraMonti wrote: »
    A lot more reviews in the spanish amazon, https://www.amazon.es/Cecotec-Conga-Serie-3090-inteligente/dp/B07HNMN7TM/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=Conga+3090&qid=1556055779&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I guess it is popular there since it's spanish designed. A couple of colleagues at work got one and they are very happy with it. I don't think it has a camera, it's more of a "sonar" type of thing.

There's no camera on it, using image processing would be far too expensive and complete overkill. This uses LIDAR (like most of these things).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

My Eufy 30c arrived today!

Some job in fairness.

I've tried adding it a few times to my Google home and it doesn't work. Anyone got any experience of this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Some job in fairness.

I've tried adding it a few times to my Google home and it doesn't work. Anyone got any experience of this issue?

I think I tried 5 or 6 times and then suddenly it was there. Not sure what the issue was. Works perfectly since

Join Ireland Weather Network

Some job in fairness.

If needs be get onto their Support team, it's excellent. I've followed up with them on minor question and couldn't have been more helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Is Eufy 30c considered the best value connected robot vacuum out there right now?
    Thinking about what to buy....?

• Advertisement

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Is Eufy 30c considered the best value connected robot vacuum out there right now?
    Thinking about what to buy....?

Bought one a couple of weeks back and recommend highly. We'd be quite particular about the house being clean... my wife is in the medical field so instinct at this stage. I'm surprised at how much stuff it finds! Alexa integration, can set a schedule for it to head off and do it's work each day. Once batter starts running low it'll find its way back to charging dock.

I found a promo code and got it for £208 off Amazon. Their customer support are superb too.

Advertisement