Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antepost football betting 2018/19

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Well lads with World Cup over and the English football league coming up in two weeks and the premier league/euro leagues not far behind,I thought it’s as a good time as any to start the antepost football thread for 18/19. Still on a World Cup hangover but gonna start looking into some antepost bets over the next week or so. Anyone have any early thoughts on any of the leagues this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Salford look a great shout but odds have jumped from 5/1 to 5/2 in the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Salford look a great shout but odds have jumped from 5/1 to 5/2 in the past few days.

Paying Adam Rooney 4K a week will do that ! RP season preview out Aug 1st , So will have a gander at that and post up bets here , landed a good one last year so hoping to make it 2 in a row !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

14/1 on Athletico Madrid to win la liga seems too big to me - they have signed well and there are plenty of reasons to doubt Barca and Real this season.

Skybet are the only company that have it priced up but Liverpool/Salah double for winner and top scorer tempted me at 25/1.

On the shorter side Huddersfield to be relegated at 6/5 seems like a solid bet to add to any accum - did amazingly well to stay up last season and really lack firepower.

14/1 on Athletico Madrid to win la liga seems too big to me - they have signed well and there are plenty of reasons to doubt Barca and Real this season.

Skybet are the only company that have it priced up but Liverpool/Salah double for winner and top scorer tempted me at 25/1.

On the shorter side Huddersfield to be relegated at 6/5 seems like a solid bet to add to any accum - did amazingly well to stay up last season and really lack firepower.

Liverpool /Salah ( as much as it pains me ) looks worth a score alright ! City extremely short this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I can't see a universe where Stoke don't win the Championship. Even the 11/2 on offer is mad value. When you look at the 3/1 on offer about Sunderland in League 1, that is the price Stoke should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Sorry don't know where to put this so I'm just leaving it here but does anyone know what price Mourinho is to leave Utd before the end of season? I'm a United fan but his comments from after the match yesterday was just downright strange and I reckon he'll walk or the board will have no option but to get rid of him with the toxic atmosphere he's creating at the club. Trying to check for a price all morning but to no luck so far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sorry don't know where to put this so I'm just leaving it here but does anyone know what price Mourinho is to leave Utd before the end of season? I'm a United fan but his comments from after the match yesterday was just downright strange and I reckon he'll walk or the board will have no option but to get rid of him with the toxic atmosphere he's creating at the club. Trying to check for a price all morning but to no luck so far

Can only find next to leave, and he's favourite for that. 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

You'd imagine if was to go t!ts up for Jose at United, then that would probably happen before Christmas.

Saw on Twitter this morning that Paddy Power have him at 4/1 not to be in the job then.

No need to worry about some other chairman pulling the trigger before United or Jose act.

Just thought you might be interested in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Skybet have him 9/4 "Not to be Manchester Utd manager for the last league game 2018/19 season" and 9/2 to be gone by Christmas, which sounds much better value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Advertisement

rekluse wrote: »
    Liverpool /Salah ( as much as it pains me ) looks worth a score alright ! City extremely short this year.

Can't be sure yet the bould Mo isn't a one-season wonder though...Might take that bet and cover it with Mane 10/1 to be Liverpool top scorer. Mane was taking the penalties pre-season, wonder if that'll continue...

Skybet have him 9/4 "Not to be Manchester Utd manager for the last league game 2018/19 season" and 9/2 to be gone by Christmas, which sounds much better value to me.

Well I've signed up with Sky Bet (to give them their proper name) to back another Jose special: to be the first to lose his job and United to finish outside the top 4 @ 12/1. Also backing Javi Garcia in the sack race @ 7/1 and doing that Salah/Liverpool bet. Another one that caught my eye on the site is Huddersfield 5/1 to be the lowest scoring team...

RP preview out today, pretty flat out with work at the minute but will grab a copy and try do a write up for those that can’t cop it by Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

rekluse wrote: »
    RP preview out today, pretty flat out with work at the minute but will grab a copy and try do a write up for those that can’t cop it by Friday evening.

That would be great . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Ched Evans top league one goalscorer @ 28/1

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

jbt123 wrote: »
    You'd imagine if was to go t!ts up for Jose at United, then that would probably happen before Christmas.

Saw on Twitter this morning that Paddy Power have him at 4/1 not to be in the job then.

No need to worry about some other chairman pulling the trigger before United or Jose act.

Just thought you might be interested in that one.

Cheers for all the help and replies lads, definitely thinking of putting money on him at 9/2 before Christmas. Also don't think the Martial stuff will be approved by the squad so If things turn bad (which as a United fan I hope not) then he'll walk or be sacked at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Andy Mitten was talking about United/Jose on OTB and he reckons it's nowhere near the problems that a lot of press are making out.Jose just being his usual grumpy self.

Cant See United sacking him until CL spot is gone at the very earliest.

I think a signing or two will be made and that will see the rumours of unrest die down.Most United articles are just easy click bait imo.

I bought the RP preview today and will post up info when I can,most likely to be the weekend before I get a proper look at it.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I bought the RP preview today and will post up info when I can,most likely to be the weekend before I get a proper look at it.

Cheers for the headsup. Anyone know if this was just a daily thing or would I still be able to get it tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Cheers for the headsup. Anyone know if this was just a daily thing or would I still be able to get it tomorrow?

It's rubbish - they have so many different people contributing that half of the time they are either contradicting themselves or covering nearly every base.

You can't get it tomorrow in shops but you will be able to buy it online, and read it on a computer/tablet.

• Advertisement

Well have finalised my EFL season bets without the help of the Racing Post.:P

Stoke to finish in Championship top two
    Middlesbrough to be promoted
    Derby and Brentford to win playoffs
    Rotherham and Bolton relegation double
    Bamford, Clarke and Moult top scorer
    Grabban top scorer/Forest top 6 double

And for the road, Cummings top scorer in League One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

I've had 2 anti post bets and both on the same team.

Swansea to finish bottom half 2/1 5pts

Swansea to be relegated 33/1 1pt

This is a team in freefall guys.

GL

Swansea is a good shout,they have lost Mawson now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

League 1. Akinfenwa of Wycombe is always good for the weekly first scorer and will be thereabout for top scorer now Mariott of The Posh is gone to Derby

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

T

splashuum wrote: »
    T

Cheers for that, will keep it in mind.

My perhaps not quite so helpful tip is Bournemouth 2/1 to be top southern team. Actually mildly surprised they're longer odds than Southampton for this...

In the end up I went for Pool top 4 , derby top 6 , Barnsley top 6 , mk dons top 7 , Celtic juve Barca o/r, Dortmund top 4 , Lyon top 3 . 25£ returns 1200 ish. Didn’t get the chance to post up racing post picks apologies, very busy at work lately. As another poster mentioned lots of contradictory stuff in there, was almost more confused than before I bought it after reading it. Couple of bets I did like were pool / city dual forecast @ 2/1 and utd outside top 4 11/4. Don’t have the funds to put anything substantial on these though.

Sane 7/1 to be YPOTY again looks great value. I think he has a decent shot at the senior award, wonder has anyone ever won the two in the same year...

Sane 7/1 to be YPOTY again looks great value. I think he has a decent shot at the senior award, wonder has anyone ever won the two in the same year...

It's happened a few times.Ronaldo won both .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hi all? Most of my bets nowadays are EPL. I want to keep a few spreadsheets of info this season with general info and my own observations. Just wondering is there a best source for certain info, like player ratings ?

Any pointers on best type of bets and/or best info to record?? I'm just looking for ideas from any willing posters. Want to take as much off the bookie as possible, if I don't succeed then I'd like to keep losses to a minimum.
    Thanks.

Advertisement